Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Sorry that happened to you, Hilton need to do something to stop it, otherwise the "highest" tier is not worth as much as the "second" tier which doesn't make sense (especially when no lounge).
Old Dec 25, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I think sometimes it depends on the property. One of my regular haunts stated they definitely reserve their best upgrades for Diamonds and I have seen the results personally. Even as a regular guest, my upgrades are much better as a diamond.

My observation is upgrades are pretty inconsistent across Hilton brands.

The whole e-upgrade thing is to me very much a crap shoot.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
NOR-1 creep?

First time I've seen a NOR-1 option (665 pts) shown for a suite at a Hampton Inn & Suites property (where I'm usually upgraded upon request).
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:09 am

Nor1 upgrade guaranteed if available?

I wonder if someone can advise... I had a nor 1 upgrade which was for an executive room with a view without paying any extra (gold member). I arrived at the hotel to find I had been upgraded to a deluxe room with a view (still good but not as good as the executive room) I checked on the hilton website and there were executive rooms with a view available and so I insisted I be given the upgrade. (they had tried to charge me more until I showed my nor 1 upgrade) they said they would give me an executive room without a view and since I didn't want to fight I agreed. I just want to know if the hotel must give the upgrade on e standby if available at check in? I am sure if I had chosen a junior suite and the option to pay more they would accept the upgrade when I checked in and charge me. Would you have insisted on the executive room with a view? (as shown on e standby and available at check in)

Last edited by marko4ever29; Feb 21, 2015 at 4:26 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
As far as I am aware they are not guaranteed, and remember the hotel is correct with a 1 cat upgrade- but can offer more. It sounds like a deluxe with view could be a 2 cat upgrade?
I see nor-1 go all over the place, including no free upgrades to the next level sometimes as a Diamond, and at other times some well priced high end upgrades, it depends on how busy they are/ what the inventory is.
I would guess the executive room you finally received was a 3 cat upgrade and in effect gave you the exec lounge/ benefits you were after, that seems quite reasonable overall.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:25 am

You are completely right the deluxe was a 2 category upgrade but my nor1 estandby was for a king executive with view without paying any extra which was available on check in.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by marko4ever29
I wonder if someone can advise... I had a nor 1 upgrade which was for an executive room with a view without paying any extra (gold member). I arrived at the hotel to find I had been upgraded to a deluxe room with a view (still good but not as good as the executive room) I checked on the hilton website and there were executive rooms with a view available and so I insisted I be given the upgrade. (they had tried to charge me more until I showed my nor 1 upgrade) they said they would give me an executive room without a view and since I didn't want to fight I agreed. I just want to know if the hotel must give the upgrade on e standby if available at check in? I am sure if I had chosen a junior suite and the option to pay more they would accept the upgrade when I checked in and charge me. Would you have insisted on the executive room with a view? (as shown on e standby and available at check in)
No.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
No executive room option in Nor1??

Just booked a few nights at a hotel last night and when I look at the E-standby options I can choose to pay extra for a deluxe room, a junior suite or a family room but there is no option to pay extra for an executive room (even not for free), while the hotel has executive rooms and a lounge.
Anyone an idea what the reason could be? Is there a possibility that the hotel upgrades GOLDs to an executive room anyway so it doesn't show the executive room option in the Nor1?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:51 pm

If you share which hotel FTers may be able to help with upgrade policies- do remember exec upgrades are not guaranteed, especially from a base room.
Could be a refurb? Could be a block booking? Do the number of occupants booked fit with an exec room?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Skimanant
If you share which hotel FTers may be able to help with upgrade policies- do remember exec upgrades are not guaranteed, especially from a base room.
Could be a refurb? Could be a block booking? Do the number of occupants booked fit with an exec room?
It is the new Hilton Brussels Grand Place (which was Le Meridien before). The lounge has only opened a few weeks ago. The Hilton website lets me book 10 king executive rooms easily (I booked the standard king room which is basically the same room on another floor without the EL benefits) but no upgrade option to the executive king room in the Nor1...
Maybe I should be more patient (stay in about 2 weeks)?
I emailed the hotel to ask about their upgrade policy for GOLDs but I just got the standard answer saying "only executive lounge access if upgraded to executive room blabla" which of course didn't answer my question as I still don't know what they 'usually' do (or try to do).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I emailed the hotel to ask about their upgrade policy for GOLDs but I just got the standard answer saying "only executive lounge access if upgraded to executive room blabla" which of course didn't answer my question as I still don't know what they 'usually' do (or try to do).
I'd be very surprised if any hotel would make a statement about their "normal" or "usual" policy for upgrades. There is no upside for them as it would only likely lead to a disgruntled guest (if they say they usually upgrade) and they can't swing it when you visit.

I think your best source is anecdotal evidence from this forum.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I'm also a Gold with an upcoming weekend stay booked at the Grand Place. (Booked with Citi Reserve certs.) I do see the Exec upgrade option in Nor1 for €33. No idea why it wouldn't show up for you!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Portolan
I'd be very surprised if any hotel would make a statement about their "normal" or "usual" policy for upgrades. There is no upside for them as it would only likely lead to a disgruntled guest (if they say they usually upgrade) and they can't swing it when you visit.

I think your best source is anecdotal evidence from this forum.
I will have to wait and see I guess...
I have actually emailed properties in the past (especially in cities where Hilton has more hotels) to make sure I get the best out of my stays. Quiet a few have replied that they give either a 1 or 2 category upgrade if available or lounge access (even without upgrading) to their GOLDs.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Nor1/eStandby upgrade

Hello,

I have a booking for Hilton Millennium in BKK for next week.
I am HHonors Gold and I booked a standard room.
Yesterday I received via email a nor1/eStandby upgrade.
0 THB for the next level (King deluxe instead of Queen deluxe).
For 1110 THB per night (I stay for nights) I will get the executive lounge access.
Does it worth it?

Thanks
Marco
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Hello,

I have a booking for Hilton Millennium in BKK for next week.
I am HHonors Gold and I booked a standard room.
Yesterday I received via email a nor1/eStandby upgrade.
0 THB for the next level (King deluxe instead of Queen deluxe).
For 1110 THB per night (I stay for nights) I will get the executive lounge access.
Does it worth it?

Thanks
Marco
In my recollection (and I just checked on the Hilton site to back up my memory) there are no "Queen" rooms at this property. The site lists Twin Deluxe and Twin Deluxe Plus, King Deluxe and King Deluxe Plus.

As for the lounge, I personally always make full use of hotel lounges. This property has Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Evening Cocktails, all with a great view so if you make use of all of these you would be getting value for money.

Bear in mind that you may be upgraded to an Executive Room and in that case the lounge access is included at no cost. Maybe you can wait until after you check in to decide.

Enjoy you trip to Thailand!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.