Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I'll be writing a proper review of our 10-day stay at Conrad Koh Samui and our overall experience soon, but promised to do a write-up on our saving using the Hilton Dining Asia Pacific / Hilton Premium Club programme.
This sounds awesome but I thought I read something earlier about how this hotel doesn't participate in this program. I could be crossing my info. However, when I I went on the website, I didn't see CKS listed as a participating hotel.

I'm glad you had a great time!

​​May I ask why didn't you use the free night certificate towards your stay?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
This sounds awesome but I thought I read something earlier about how this hotel doesn't participate in this program. I could be crossing my info. However, when I I went on the website, I didn't see CKS listed as a participating hotel.

I'm glad you had a great time!

​​May I ask why didn't you use the free night certificate towards your stay?
It does work. However, it's currently omitted from one of the websites, but I had checked both with CKS and HPC before buying and they both confirmed CKS is fully participating.

Free night certificate does not work at CKS - what it does is that it lets you book a room at 11,250 THB nett (which is a fantastic price for CKS). I was staying on points this time so didn't make sense to use the certificate here. I believe I will use it on a one night stay at Conrad Bangkok later this year.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:58 pm

Planning to take my wife for a 4 night stay with just the 2 of us without our kids for the first time in 7 years. I would love to know if July is a decent time of the year to visit CKS and are the prospects for an upgrade good for diamond members that time of the year?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:16 pm

Visited Conrad Koh Samui with my girlfriend last July to enjoy our week off for the 4th of July Holiday. We booked a standard room award rate (95k/nt) and as Diamond were upgraded to Premium villa a day or two before arrival

The weather that time of year was great despite the forecasts and the hotel is one of our favorites in the Hilton portfolio.

Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Planning to take my wife for a 4 night stay with just the 2 of us without our kids for the first time in 7 years. I would love to know if July is a decent time of the year to visit CKS and are the prospects for an upgrade good for diamond members that time of the year?
Climate wise July is not the best month in Thailand, but as you can see above it can also be fine. In fact January is considered one of the dry months but they have had exceptional amounts of rain this year. I also tend to go when I am able to and not when the climate charts say it is best because it usually doesn't matter that much.

If you are using points why not consider 5 nights (5th night free)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sbams
Climate wise July is not the best month in Thailand, but as you can see above it can also be fine. In fact January is considered one of the dry months but they have had exceptional amounts of rain this year. I also tend to go when I am able to and not when the climate charts say it is best because it usually doesn't matter that much.
I'm a schoolteacher, so I can only take very extended vacations in July and Aug. I have to go when I'm able to go as well. I have 3 nights booked at the CKS in mid July and I'm very excited!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:38 am

We are actually going to use the weekend certs from 2 accounts and may just do 3 nights instead of 4 because of time off limitations from work.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:46 am

Free bus shuttle to Chaweng?

Anyone know if the hotel still offers a free shuttle bus to Chaweng?

Also, are people still using Mr Samui to get from airport to hotel? I’d rather book airport transfer via the Conrad as opposed to sending a text to someone in Thailand, but I understand Mr Samui is much cheaper?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Naboo79
Anyone know if the hotel still offers a free shuttle bus to Chaweng?

Also, are people still using Mr Samui to get from airport to hotel? I’d rather book airport transfer via the Conrad as opposed to sending a text to someone in Thailand, but I understand Mr Samui is much cheaper?
Free shuttle to Chaweng was available during our stay a few weeks ago - used it 3 times during a 10 night stay. Also used Mr Samui, highly recommend.
MaldivesFreak likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I found the hotel transfer a very nice choice. Not too much more expensive.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brandonpkt

Free shuttle to Chaweng was available during our stay a few weeks ago - used it 3 times during a 10 night stay. Also used Mr Samui, highly recommend.
I used Mr Samui - 1000B, very comfortable and spacious ride. Hotel ride is 2500B
MaldivesFreak and pmeye like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
The hotel transfer was 1,500 THB each way using the Toyota Fortuner in August and there was no problem stopping at a Tesco Lotus on the way. I would ask the hotel for a quote to confirm.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:38 pm

I recently confirmed a Toyota Fortuner with the hotel for an upcoming stay. Airport round-trip is 3000 THB and is applied to room bill. I think this is a fair price for a private ride considering it is at the opposite side of island (and also yields points)!

I'm interested in the Chaweng shuttle, not heard about that before. Anyone with more details on it? I could consider taking this to Chaweng for a day/evening trip and a local taxi back.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:53 am

Booked a room in the Conrad Samui on a sale. They came back to me the next day, informing me, I was upgraded to the residential wing (Diamond) and to a 2-Bedroom King Ocean View Pool Villa.
Now I'm curious, which room numbers belong to the residential wing and which villa I should choose, assuming there was a choice?

Last edited by pmeye; Jan 27, 2019 at 3:12 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
The 2 & 3 Bed villas are the residential wing.

They are all higher than the hotel villas which the 3XX room numbers are the highest level.
pmeye likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.