Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:56 pm

Anyone here has the Hilton Premium Club membership (now called Hilton Dining)? I just logged into the app in anticipation of my upcoming trip and do not see the dining discount on the E-cert anymore.

It previously had the below e-cert but was wondering if the below benefits still available at CKS for anyone whom may be there in recent days? TIA!

Dining Benefits
  • Upon presentation of your Hilton Premium Club membership card, you will be entitled to the following dining benefits at all participating outlets.
    20% discount on beverages in all bars and lounges at all Hilton Worldwide Hotel in Thailand.

Last edited by metcon123; Dec 16, 2018 at 10:38 pm Reason: TYPO
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by metcon123
Anyone here has the Hilton Premium Club membership (now called Hilton Dining)? I just logged into the app in anticipation of my upcoming trip and do not see the dining discount on the E-cert anymore.

It previously had the below e-cert but was wondering if the below benefits still available at CKS for anyone whom may be there in recent days? TIA!

Dining Benefits
  • Upon presentation of your Hilton Premium Club membership card, you will be entitled to the following dining benefits at all participating outlets.
    20% discount on beverages in all bars and lounges at all Hilton Worldwide Hotel in Thailand.
You get the discount by simply showing your card in the app I think ("display card discount code"). CKS no longer participates in the program according to the new version, but I think if you enrolled in the old version they would still recognize it.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:45 am

Thanks!!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:44 am

Curious if anyone has done the in-villa / beach bbq, the destination dining experience, and / or has used oceanasamui for a boat trip? Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
What are your plans for dinner tonight?

At CKS now - really enjoying our stay, however prefer the Conrad Maldives due to the world class snorkeling. One common experience between both Conrads is the daily push at every interaction with staff for us to book a spot for dinner.

It is almost comical because they really arent subtle about it at all. They come up to us, say hello, then ask what our dinner plans are for the evening. Does anyone know what type of financial incentives the staff earns to make dinner bookings on behalf of guests?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
At the property now, staying 10 nights.

We received monogrammed bathrobes but were told it incurred a cost of 1500 THB per robe. I might be imagining this but think someone in here got it for free?

Slippers were also monogrammed and were told can take them.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:36 pm

Full review will follow from me but property is very very beautiful.

The breakfast however is quite underwhelming for a property of this caliber. The selection is pretty small imo. We stayed at Renaissance Phuket and the breakfast was much much better - Ren Phuket was a great hotel but obviously more than half the price of what we are paying here.

service at breakfast is friendly but sloppy and uncoordinated, we were asked by four different servers in a time span of 5 min if we would like coffee or tea

Last edited by brokenwindow; Dec 30, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:52 am

New GM

I was told by Marco that Ruben Dario Gabio, previously hotel manager at Conrad Seoul has replaced Lyle Lewis as GM of the hotel starting today (Dec 31)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by brandonpkt
At CKS now - really enjoying our stay, however prefer the Conrad Maldives due to the world class snorkeling. One common experience between both Conrads is the daily push at every interaction with staff for us to book a spot for dinner.

It is almost comical because they really arent subtle about it at all. They come up to us, say hello, then ask what our dinner plans are for the evening. Does anyone know what type of financial incentives the staff earns to make dinner bookings on behalf of guests?
Interesting. We've never ever had that at either property. My guess is you've made no dinner reservations previous to your arrival?

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I was told by Marco that Ruben Dario Gabio, previously hotel manager at Conrad Seoul has replaced Lyle Lewis as GM of the hotel starting today (Dec 31)
Thanks for the info and updating the wiki.
brokenwindow likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:14 am

I realise that it is recommended in the wiki to visit 7-11 or have Mr Samu stop for you to pick up snacks and drinks, I would recommend instead using Tops home delivery. It's basically one of the largest grocers in Thailand and they deliver to the hotel. Delivery is 60 Baht, or if you order over 888 Baht (which is super easy to do), the delivery is free.

They have everything from beer and wine to snacks. We've ordered twice while here and the hotel receives them on your behalf and places the shopping bags in the room.

https://www.tops.co.th/en/
Israshot likes this.

Last edited by brokenwindow; Jan 1, 2019 at 7:24 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I realise that it is recommended in the wiki to visit 7-11 or have Mr Samu stop for you to pick up snacks and drinks, I would recommend instead using Tops home delivery. It's basically one of the largest grocers in Thailand and they deliver to the hotel. Delivery is 60 Baht, or if you order over 888 Baht (which is super easy to do), the delivery is free.
This is wonderful! Thank you for the tip! I will do this for my upcoming 3 night stay.

Which transportation service did you use to get to/from the resort?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
This is wonderful! Thank you for the tip! I will do this for my upcoming 3 night stay.

Which transportation service did you use to get to/from the resort?
Happy to help! We used Mr Samui Worked out great.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: free agent
Would you bother to book an award stay around Chinese New Year dates in Feb? I would like to burn my HH points at CKS but little hesistant to do it during early February since upgrade to better room might be a challenge task.

Btw, thank you for Zhao's email address. I reached out to her and she said they could offer price to lock on upgraded room but I didn't ask price yet because I am wondering if upgraded rooms is a big difference over standard waterfront room.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Would you bother to book an award stay around Chinese New Year dates in Feb? I would like to burn my HH points at CKS but little hesistant to do it during early February since upgrade to better room might be a challenge task.

Btw, thank you for Zhao's email address. I reached out to her and she said they could offer price to lock on upgraded room but I didn't ask price yet because I am wondering if upgraded rooms is a big difference over standard waterfront room.
Yes, go ahead and book. Rooms are basically identical with minor differences in hardware. The view from the room however differs in the category so If you value the view highly Id recommend paying for the prepaid upgrade if you want to be guaranteed to get the room you want
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:57 pm

Thanks for the heads up! This would be useful when we are there in late Feb. Btw, I clicked on the link but it does not load (assuming because I'm in the states) but did you do the order online via an app or you have to call in?

Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.