Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
new operations manager, Marco, who started 4 days ago.
Did Thomas G. left the hotel? I thought he i actually responsible for the operations!?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
I asked for room preferences about a month out and the responded saying they will do their best and they have pre upgraded me to the Oceanview Retreat Villa.
I wrote an email one week ago regarding our upcoming stay in August but haven't got an answer yet.... is that normal?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
I wrote an email one week ago regarding our upcoming stay in August but haven't got an answer yet.... is that normal?
No, If you sent it to a particular person then I would follow up with another email to the general hotel email.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
No, If you sent it to a particular person then I would follow up with another email to the general hotel email.
I wrote the email to the General Hotel email adress, as I don't have the adress of any particular person...
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:25 am

Try [email protected]
He's the assistant reservations manager.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fvn1312
Did Thomas G. left the hotel? I thought he i actually responsible for the operations!?
i don't know, all I know is we met Marco the new operations manager at the managers reception and didn't meet anyone named Thomas of the 7-8 managers that attended with Lyle.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Try [email protected]
He's the assistant reservations manager.
Still no answer from him either after several days....
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Is 380,000 for 5 nights a good use of Hilton points?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:05 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Still no answer from him either after several days....
Odd. I have been getting quick responses from [email protected] reservations supervisor, and the general email [email protected]. It usually takes a day or two.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Costanza1
Is 380,000 for 5 nights a good use of Hilton points?
Yes, especially considering Hilton points are very easy to earn and if you stay at a property such as this one or Conrad Maldives. If you stay at Conrad Maldives in high season, 380K is worth its weight in gold.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
i don't know, all I know is we met Marco the new operations manager at the managers reception and didn't meet anyone named Thomas of the 7-8 managers that attended with Lyle.
Marco introduced himself to us this morning and gave me his card which has his title as Director of Operations.

We went to the complementary drinks in the Library last night then wandered up to Zest for dinner

Has been a great stay so far but does seem to lack the polished service of Rangali. No bad service at all it just feels just much harder to organise anything. It may just be that Aneez was fantastic and has ruined us for other resorts.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:14 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
We were invited to a nice reception at Aura Lounge with Lyle on tuesday, seemed like only 2-3 couples were in invited. The letter offering the complimentary items for the pool inconvenience was actually signed by the new operations manager, Marco, who started 4 days ago.
Nice, what time was the reception? Do you know if he does it every Tuesday? We have booked the cellar next Tuesday. I guess it would be nice to do pre drinks at the reception before hand.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:32 am

Renovation of pool finished

We arrived at CKS today. Unfortunately the pool renovation is already finished and so no more free happy hour
I have to edit my post:
Till the end of the month there is still a free happy hour at the library from 5-6pm.

We found out by coincidence, when we were going to the normal happy hour, and nobody was there.
But apart from us only 3 other guests were at the free drink venue.Maybe all the others are not informed either?

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Aug 18, 2017 at 4:51 am
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:31 am

How is the service there? Any different from a previous visit? That is, if you've been there before.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:39 am

Service didn't change since the last time. Staff friendly, not all speak good English.
Service not comparable to Rangali, but we didn't expect that. For us it is perfectly fine.
Today even 5 couples at the free happy hour.

They have now lounge chairs from Dedon next to and in the Lounge near Zest and also the Dedon Swingrests inside the lounge.
Also at the beach they have nets hovering 2 meters above where you can lay inside (like on a boat). (Will add pictures later)
Don't know if they are new, but they didn't have it during our last visit 2-3 years ago.

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Aug 19, 2017 at 5:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.