Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:21 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
We went with the in-house company and did Ang Thong Marine park. It was a new venture started by an Australian by the name of Rhys Dixon with a brand new boat (Jan 2015). Very nice guy and accommodating with our requests, which islands we wanted to visit and what we wanted to do. The name is Oceana Samui Charters. Ph: +66 83 503 5088 Email: [email protected]
Thank you, the Conrad finally responded and they referred me to him as well. Although I'm thinking about going with Island Gem tours. They seem to use the exact same boats as Ocean Samui, and they have provided the exact same description of tours as the Oceansamui website but only a good deal cheaper. Seems as if the two companies are linked. I wonder if Ocean Samui charges more just because they serve the Conrad.

Originally Posted by SponsorFSC
After contacting the hotel to arrange transfers, reservations for Jahn and the Cellar and request room preferences I have been advised as a Diamond we have been pre-upgraded to a Oceanview Retreat Villa which is fantastic.
If you don't mind me asking, How far in advance did you contact them? Did you arrange the transfers and restaurant reservations through the Concierge or through the reservations department? I have asked for the diamond upgrade and they responded that they would see what they could do on arrival. I'm thinking of giving it one more try.

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Update, today the royal suite became available for the next 3 nights and after declining the initial offer of 10000 per night to upgrade, we were now offered 8000 per night so we took it.
Can't wait to hear about it!

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Would love to hear what you think about the royal suite as I am still contemplating asking about an upgrade when we are there in about a week and a half (Assuming the Nor1 doesn't clear).
Good luck on the Nor1. I'm checking in a little over 2 weeks from now. Was thinking about an upgrade also but it seems the Royal villa isn't available for most of our stay. Not sure if it's worth switching rooms for 2 nights. I also noticed at least one of the nights I'm there is fully booked.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
[QUOTE=myeurocrush;28604834]If you don't mind me asking, How far in advance did you contact them? Did you arrange the transfers and restaurant reservations through the Concierge or through the reservations department? I have asked for the diamond upgrade and they responded that they would see what they could do on arrival. I'm thinking of giving it one more try.

I emailed the hotel a few weeks ago about our 3 night stay at the end of August. As a Diamond member and a repeat guest, they proactively upgraded me to a Retreat Villa. Can't hurt to ask again.

To be fair, ALL the villas are gorgeous. The only real benefit of the 3rd level (retreat villas) is that there are less people looking down onto your pool.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Definitely recommend trying the Royal suite for a few nights if you are here for a longer stay. Does not have a 5 island view but still a great view, very private with a separate dining room, living room, and huge pool deck.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
If you don't mind me asking, How far in advance did you contact them? Did you arrange the transfers and restaurant reservations through the Concierge or through the reservations department? I have asked for the diamond upgrade and they responded that they would see what they could do on arrival. I'm thinking of giving it one more try.

Good luck on the Nor1. I'm checking in a little over 2 weeks from now. Was thinking about an upgrade also but it seems the Royal villa isn't available for most of our stay. Not sure if it's worth switching rooms for 2 nights. I also noticed at least one of the nights I'm there is fully booked.
I asked for room preferences about a month out and the responded saying they will do their best and they have pre upgraded me to the Oceanview Retreat Villa.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Anyone there now? I've been checking the weather for weeks now on the weather app and it always says clouds and rain. Is it really that bad?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Anyone there now? I've been checking the weather for weeks now on the weather app and it always says clouds and rain. Is it really that bad?
It said the same thing for me last July. It basically rained 5-10 min each day and that was it.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:10 pm

Looks like there will be some renovation work around the main pool while we are there.

Dear valued guests,

Please be advised that the wooden deck at the main pool will be under maintenance from July 28th - August 26th, 2017. For further information please contact us at [email protected]. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,

Conrad Koh Samui
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:38 pm

Looks like there will be some renovation work around the main pool while we are there.
Great ☹️☹️☹️

Was that an email? I didn't get it.

Last edited by myeurocrush; Jul 27, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:22 am

Weather is not bad but definitely cloudy, we are here now on our 7th night and might see our first sunset because the clouds are finally clearing a bit.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:25 am

Great ☹️☹️☹️

Here now, renovation work just started this morning . The main pool is still open but half of the deck is closed as they are replacing the decking. Minor inconvenience considering almost nobody uses the main pool anyway. Got a letter in our room last night explaining it and saying that the resort is providing complimentary transportation to/from Nikki Beach with a complementary beverage, complementary Thai cooking classes 3x a week and daily free wine/beer/soda at the library from 5-6pm for the inconvenience, with happy hour at the sunset lounge moved to 6-8pm. All of that for the pool "inconvenience".

the main potential inconvenience is construction noise if your villa is closer to the main pool. I'd recommend asking for a villa away from the main pool.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:29 am

Here now, renovation work just started this morning . The main pool is still open but half of the deck is closed as they are replacing the decking. Minor inconvenience considering almost nobody uses the main pool anyway. Got a letter in our room last night explaining it and saying that the resort is providing complimentary transportation to/from Nikki Beach with a complementary beverage, complementary Thai cooking classes 3x a week and daily free wine/beer/soda at the library from 5-6pm for the inconvenience, with happy hour at the sunset lounge moved to 6-8pm. All of that for the pool "inconvenience".

the main potential inconvenience is construction noise if your villa is closer to the main pool. I'd recommend asking for a villa away from the main pool.
Looks like I must change my response then.

Great!! 😃😃😃
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Great ☹️☹️☹️

No email, just saw it on the hotel site today.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:05 am

complimentary transportation to/from Nikki Beach with a complementary beverage, complementary Thai cooking classes 3x a week and daily free wine/beer/soda at the library from 5-6pm for the inconvenience, with happy hour at the sunset lounge moved to 6-8pm. All of that for the pool "inconvenience".
That's Lyle Lewis at work. ^
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's Lyle Lewis at work. ^
We were invited to a nice reception at Aura Lounge with Lyle on tuesday, seemed like only 2-3 couples were in invited. The letter offering the complimentary items for the pool inconvenience was actually signed by the new operations manager, Marco, who started 4 days ago.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I asked for room preferences about a month out and the responded saying they will do their best and they have pre upgraded me to the Oceanview Retreat Villa.
I emailed at 2 months and got the standard we'll see you when you get here response. Any consensus on how early one can email to get a confirmed UG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.