FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Koh Samui {THA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/843291-conrad-koh-samui-tha.html)

escape4 Apr 2, 2020 10:13 pm

Looks like Conrad KS has decided to close during April. And Marriott 2 out of 7 properties open this month, so I guess this is where I will go. Conrad will be for another time...

denkigroove Apr 7, 2020 4:45 am

Originally Posted by urofan (Post 32243542)
Has anyone else noticed that the Conrad Koh Samui has not been loading standard rooms into their inventory, and as such, rooms using points are being quoted at 266,000 and up per night. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Thanks.

I also see no single day with the standard redemption Rate in the overview. But when I go into the day its sometimes availible.

Ripper3785 Apr 7, 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove (Post 32271955)
I also see no single day with the standard redemption Rate in the overview. But when I go into the day its sometimes availible.

Looks like they've revised the flexible date search tool to more of a calendar style. I agree I can no longer find any available dates for standard redemption. This isn't encouraging.

restlessinRNO Apr 7, 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32259467)
Looks like Conrad KS has decided to close during April. And Marriott 2 out of 7 properties open this month, so I guess this is where I will go. Conrad will be for another time...

All hotels in Surat Thani (which includes Koh Samui) are ordered closed until April 30. :)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...GQwtM-mJkBZTl0

escape4 Apr 7, 2020 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 32273065)
All hotels in Surat Thani (which includes Koh Samui) are ordered closed until April 30. :)

Hoteliers were allowed to let existing guests stay until their checkout time.
We can hardly blame hotels for closing because they must be bleeding serious cash at the moment, but for what it's worth Conrad kicked out guests when they closed rather than wait for all guests to check out. Vana Belle (Luxury Collection) also did the same.

On the bright side, kudos to Ritz Carlton for telling us they will not close as long as they have guests who want to stay :tu: They are now the only one of 7 Marriott properties still open in Samui.

Sydfly Apr 13, 2020 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785 (Post 32273055)
Looks like they've revised the flexible date search tool to more of a calendar style. I agree I can no longer find any available dates for standard redemption. This isn't encouraging.

I'm sure they have other things to worry about right now but for some reason it's still not showing any date at standard redemption rates...only premium room awards for the basic standard room. Has anyone called Diamond desk to find out what's going on?

escape4 Apr 20, 2020 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 32288699)
I'm sure they have other things to worry about right now but for some reason it's still not showing any date at standard redemption rates...only premium room awards for the basic standard room. Has anyone called Diamond desk to find out what's going on?

The hotel is closed in April-May and reopening in June; I cannot imagine that they will have lots of guests from day 1 in June so it is puzzling that standard awards are not available when they reopen

evergrn Apr 22, 2020 12:57 am

Originally Posted by urofan (Post 32243542)
Has anyone else noticed that the Conrad Koh Samui has not been loading standard rooms into their inventory, and as such, rooms using points are being quoted at 266,000 and up per night. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Thanks.

Originally Posted by denkigroove (Post 32271955)

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32308472)
The hotel is closed in April-May and reopening in June; I cannot imagine that they will have lots of guests from day 1 in June so it is puzzling that standard awards are not available when they reopen

What's going on is that the new Hilton App sucks.
Points are different on search results vs after you click on 'see available rooms' under each property.
This never happened before.
I'm seeing Standard Award available on most random days.

escape4 Apr 22, 2020 4:04 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32308472)

June standard awards now available - at least that short term glitch has been fixed

Ripper3785 Apr 23, 2020 11:18 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32314242)
June standard awards now available - at least that short term glitch has been fixed

Is this now 're-glitched'? I don't see a single date in the whole 11 month schedule that's available for less than 269,000 pts/nt.

escape4 Apr 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785 (Post 32318500)
Is this now 're-glitched'? I don't see a single date in the whole 11 month schedule that's available for less than 269,000 pts/nt.

Web shows 95k.

On the app, at first you will see 269k but if you click on it, next page for booking each room type shows 95k as a valid choice.

Ripper3785 Apr 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32319741)
Web shows 95k.

On the app, at first you will see 269k but if you click on it, next page for booking each room type shows 95k as a valid choice.

Hmm, here's what I'm seeing on the web- (Sep 11)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1ae3b0094e.png

westcoastflyer81 Apr 24, 2020 4:24 am

I just booked 9/4-9/9 using points through the app. Tropical Island Pool Villa for 95k/night.

Sydfly Jun 2, 2020 5:14 am

No standard awards for 2021

Looks like for 2020 the hotel has standard awards available but for 2021 I can still not see anything at standard 95k level....it’s been almost 2 months now. Could it be that they have not loaded the correct award rates yet for 2021?

RenTraveller Jun 6, 2020 9:24 pm

Yeah this is so true and weird, BUT i found that the dates in June 2021 DO have 95000 rooms available. Something doesnt seem right. Will proabably call the diamond desk to see whats up. Any DPs on this would be helpful