Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Las Cruces I-25 {US-NM}

Hampton Inn & Suites Las Cruces I-25 {US-NM}

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Las Cruces I-25 {US-NM}

There are a variety of threads that come up in a search for Las Cruces, but none seem to include this new property. MODS--please feel free to merge this in with another thread if it is more appropriate.

Arrived in Las Cruces, NM yesterday (Jun 17, 2008), after a LONG drive down from Farmington. The drive from Albuquerque is pretty easy, but there is little, if anything, along the route. My stay was just 1 night.

Anyway, the Hotel is easy to find, visible from the I-25 freeway, directly behind a Wal-Mart. I arrived around 8:15 PM, headed to the lobby. I told them I was checking in, and my last name. After a VERY quick look in the computer system, the check-in gal said I didn't have a reservation at that property, and picked up the phone about to call the other (older) Hampton Inn. I pulled out the printout of my reservation, told her the res was at this property. She typed away for a while, eventually said she found it, she gave me my keys, etc. It was for room 415, and I head up. I put my key in to open the door, and the door was latched, the tv on. Obviously, the room was occupied. So I head back to the front desk. Again, the gal seems pretty clueless, but after a few more minutes, says she's upgrading me to a king study (thought I had an upgrade...) I get to the room, and it is the typical King study (similar to what I get in Kingman AZ).

Other than the room snafu, the room itself was very nice, typical Hampton Inn room. The check-in gal had given me directions to a GREAT restaurant (La Posta). The hotel location was pretty good for getting to my office, for working out (swimming with a group at NMSU), there's a Wal-Mart right there, and a Target on the other side of the freeway. Las Cruces is deceiving, you think it is a small town, but it is pretty spread out.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Not a bad HI, except I stayed on the Wal Mart side of the hotel and it was noisy in the evening due to all the cars and traffic at Wally World. Otherwise just like any other new HI, nothing to special but comfortable.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: hhonors
I've been staying at the Hampton on Avenida De Mesilla once a month for the past year - always great service and many times rates at <$80 with AAA. Believe it or not, the service there is the best I've gotten at any Hampton.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Yea, it was a pretty nondescript Hampton, about the same look/feel/age as the one in Kingman, AZ, but without the meeting rooms. I looked at reviews on TripAdvisor, and the other didn't look as good (the exterior corridors aren't well liked). But if you are spending time in the old town/Plaza area, it is closer.

I did a kind of tour of NM while there on biz this week, and will try to post about my stays in Farmington (Hampton) and Santa Fe (Hilton on the Plaza). Until I do, if anyone needs info on those just let me know. On vacation right now, at the SF Hilton/O'Farrell (after quite a process getting here from PHX).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.