FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal {CAN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/832766-embassy-suites-hilton-montreal-can.html)

Novano Apr 5, 2007 11:41 am

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Hi all,

I just read this morning in an online Montreal newspaper that an E.S. will be opening on June 1st 2007 in Montréal (near the convention center).

Does anyone here have a link for me or more infos ... I'd like to see their prices / pictures of the project, and maybe to book a room there in July '07 but I couldn't find that property on their website, not even among their futur hotels!

(They also mentionned a potential 20 storey Hilton in downtown Montréal but that seems to be in its early stages only)

Thanks for any infos you might have on those 2 projects!

aztimm Apr 5, 2007 12:23 pm

There's a blurb about it here:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....556&highlight=
About 3/4 of the way down, gives the location, or do a Find for, "Montreal."

I'm also interested in this, as I'm thinking of a trip to Montreal and Quebec this August.

Fiumicino Apr 5, 2007 12:48 pm

Yeah read that on cyberpresse this morning also but it is not for sale yet on hilton.com

Novano Apr 5, 2007 1:19 pm

Thanks!

Thank you Aztimm : I read the whole article actually. I found it quite interesting even if they don't give lots of infos on the Montreal location specifically. I learned something new today!

Thanks also to Fiumicino: What a small world it is indeed :cool: ^

I hope that other members will also post any infos that they might find about those projects.

A320 EOW May 3, 2007 9:23 am

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Press Release Source: Embassy Suites Hotels

Embassy Suites Hotels(R) Announces Plans for First Hotel in Quebec
Thursday May 3, 8:59 am ET
Upscale Hotel Brand Expands to Montreal with 210-Suite Hotel Located Across from the Palais de Congres de Montreal Convention Center

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embassy Suites Hotels today announced plans to open its first hotel in Montreal, Quebec -- the brand's second in Canada -- located directly across from the renowned Palais de Congres de Montreal, Montreal's Convention Center.

The hotel -- set to open in July -- is owned by Vancouver-based Aquilini Group Properties LP and will be managed by Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. The 210-suite hotel exhibits the brand's international growth plans and continued integration into the Canadian market.

Press Release

Novano May 3, 2007 11:11 pm

No info yet....

Originally Posted by A320 EOW (Post 7681012)
Press Release Source: Embassy Suites Hotels

Embassy Suites Hotels(R) Announces Plans for First Hotel in Quebec
Thursday May 3, 8:59 am ET
Upscale Hotel Brand Expands to Montreal with 210-Suite Hotel Located Across from the Palais de Congres de Montreal Convention Center

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embassy Suites Hotels today announced plans to open its first hotel in Montreal, Quebec -- the brand's second in Canada -- located directly across from the renowned Palais de Congres de Montreal, Montreal's Convention Center.

The hotel -- set to open in July -- is owned by Vancouver-based Aquilini Group Properties LP and will be managed by Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. The 210-suite hotel exhibits the brand's international growth plans and continued integration into the Canadian market.

Press Release

Well it was already announced a little while ago in the newspapers (and on FlyerTalk) but the problem is that their website www.embassysuitesmontreal.com is not functional yet. EmbassySuites website does not have info yet either... So I booked my 2 summer stays at the Doubletree!

A brand new Westin is also to open very close to EB (on the same block I think). Apparently there are talks that a new hotel on Sherbrooke Street might go up and be a Hilton as well... but that's certainly not for this summer!

The location adjacent to Old Montreal is fantastic of course : the convention center is victim of its own success and hotels in its immediate surroundings are in great demand. I am sure that EmbassySuites concept will appeal a lot to business travelers attending conventions there. Right now there's an InterContinental and a Holiday Inn... other chains are a bit farther from the Palais des Congrès.

Travel The World May 4, 2007 3:06 am

"set to open in July" ... uhhmmm?

I'm off to the HGVC at Tremblant in October, will the ES in Montreal be ready by then?

Been to Montreal a few times and love the cheesecake at Ruebens :p

Novano Jun 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Website now online!

Hey ! Finally got through on to their website at www.embassysuitesmontreal.com

The hotel doesn't seem to be opened yet. I tried to book for early July without success. However, other dates for late July & September did work. The prices are in my opinion pretty cheap $169 - $199 CAD., and it's a brand new hotel with some rooms with jacuzzi & fireplace and 1 or 2 LCD TV (27").

Makes me feel sorry for people who will be staying at the Holiday Inn close by for the same price (or even more!)

Check it out!
:-)

bamboola Jun 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Opening July 15, 2007

Darn! Will be in Montreal the first week of July and will just miss it.

bobsyouruncle Jun 17, 2007 1:27 am

It's not bookable yet on the Hilton website. I tried to book for November on the website mentioned in the previous message but all I could get was a studio w/ queen for $199. Where are the suites?

The location of this hotel looks great. Quite close to old Montreal.

Novano Jun 17, 2007 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle (Post 7914550)
It's not bookable yet on the Hilton website. I tried to book for November on the website mentioned in the previous message but all I could get was a studio w/ queen for $199. Where are the suites?

The location of this hotel looks great. Quite close to old Montreal.

Bobsyouruncle is right: only some rooms seem to have been loaded in the reservation system yet. I noticed that even the map for directions is incorrect. I think it's worth it to wait a few days. In the meanwhile the website provides good information and pictures though of what will be available (soon I guess)...

I know one thing for sure, this place will be very popular for anyone attending a convention at the Palais des Congrès!

mesmes Jun 20, 2007 9:06 am

Suites found!!

I have succeeded in finding suites available at the Embassy Suites...if you search on the above mentioned website: embassysuitesmontreal.com. The suites do not seem to be available during the summer, but I found some for October and onther months. Prices are also reasonable $219-249. I really think this hotel is well located, in the Old Montreal. See you there!!

Novano Jun 20, 2007 1:23 pm

Congratulations! ;-)

Originally Posted by mesmes (Post 7931519)
I have succeeded in finding suites available at the Embassy Suites...if you search on the above mentioned website: embassysuitesmontreal.com. The suites do not seem to be available during the summer, but I found some for October and onther months. Prices are also reasonable $219-249. I really think this hotel is well located, in the Old Montreal. See you there!!

Thank you mesmes!

The hotel is now listed on Hilton's/EmbassySuites websites, but those websites are not accepting reservations yet. So the only way to book a stay is through the hotel's own website or by calling the toll free number. Opening is now postponed to July 2007 (was originally scheduled for June).

I feel that the rates are very competitive too! (with jaccuzi & fireplace, big windows...) Location is wonderful: across the street from Convention center, at the door step of Old Montreal, a few blocks to the Old Port; 2 small blocks from China Town; fairly close to trendy St.Laurent St., Place des Arts and Ste-Catherine St. ... very central!

Congratulations also for your 1st post on the forum ^

mesmes Jul 17, 2007 1:48 pm

Suites in Montreal

To all of you interested in the Embassy Suites Montreal. I was looking at the rates and found rates as low as $179.00 and $199.00 for a suite with fireplace. Just thought I'd let anyone planning a trip to Montreal know.

shell nyc Aug 8, 2007 8:18 am

Reviews?

Has anyone stayed here yet? I have a 2 or 3 night Montreal trip coming up at the end of August and am tempted to try the ES (even though the DT is offering double US miles...decisions decisions!)

thanks!