Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
Does anyone know for sure whether the bathrooms in the ES Montreal open onto the bedroom or the living room? I tried looking at the pictures on the hotel website and it isn't obvious. Thanks.
The bathroom has two doors; one that opens to the bedroom and one that opens to the kitchen area.

BTW, this is my favorite hotel in Montreal and i stay here about 4 times a year. As a previous poster has said, the rooms are more like small condos than hotel rooms. This is not a typical ES. The location is great as well and you can easily get to Montreals underground passages by going across the street to the Palais des Congrès - a nice feature if you visit Montreal in the winter.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Thumbs up Great treatment from the Montreal Embassy Suites

Wife and I had a single night award stay last week in Montreal... booked into the Embassy Suites downtown.

Checked my reservation on-line a day or so before arrival and saw they had given me a room with two queen beds... I had requested a king.

I called the hotel directly to see if they could get me into a king room. I was first told that they were all sold out, then the agent said "Oh... but you're a Diamond. I'll get you a better room."

When we checked in, we found that they had upgraded us to what the front desk called a "presidential" suite***. King bed, Jacuzzi tub, two electric fireplaces (which actually came in handy considering the weather), and many features we weren't able to use in the 12 hours we were there (full kitchen, conference table, etc.)

All this during the final days of the city jazz festival... not sure whether we received the upgrade in spite of the increased demand caused by the festival, or because of it.

Overall, matter was handled quite well by Embassy Suites... better treatment that I have ever received stateside.

So... thanks and kudos to the Embassy Suites.

Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Since 1) you were staying only one night, and 2) they apparently ran out of king-bed rooms due to demand (from the jazz festival, possibly), it's really not surprising at all that they decided to upgrade you to the "presidential" suite. It was probably the most expedient thing to do, and was appropriate because of your Diamond status.

It would have been more surprising if you'd gotten that suite for a stay of several nights.

Significant upgrades are usually easier to come by on short stays -- you're not competing as much with 1) a customer possibly paying cash for the suite or 2) other top tier customers vying for upgrades.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Silver, National Exec Elite
I like this hotel a lot and will return for an overnight this weekend. They are also participating in the latest promotion for 10,000 bonus points.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by N2IT
I like this hotel a lot and will return for an overnight this weekend. They are also participating in the latest promotion for 10,000 bonus points.
It is a nice hotel, and conveniently located.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I'd love any recent thoughts on this Embassy Suites. I love ESes and this location sounds good. I'm debating between the ES Montreal and the W and Westin. I've love to be persuaded. This thread and the other one from earlier this year were very helpful, thank you.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
ES Montreal is a top notch property, the rooms are great as well as the location. Depends what you are looking for. W obviously a very different atmosphere, but equally a fabulous hotel, although with none of the ES standard (breakfast, manager's reception), although that may not be a big deal for you. ES does not have much of a gym - yet, but a rather small room available for a workout. W's gym is not large either, although bigger than ES. If you want a property closer to Old Montreal, than ES or Westin are best (I've not stayed at the Westin). If you want a lounge sort of atmosphere than the W is where it's at.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
This is our first time to Canada and Montreal. It is a special romantic trip.

A quiet room is important as well as location. A good bed. A view would be nice but not necessary. Do ES guests get access to the Hilton pool?

Also, is there smoking allowed in some of the ES rooms? I know the W is smoke free.

I absolutely love the ES breakfast and managers reception but the reviews of the Montreal ES breakfast makes it sound like chaos and problems.

I've never stayed at a W. I'm Starwood Preferred Plus, which is one of the reasons the W was appealing. But I like the idea of points at the Montreal ES, because I have far more Hilton points than Starwood.

I'd be looking at getting I think a ES king suite because the non suite queen seems too small but would love thoughts on that.

I figure I'll be walking enough so doubt we work out at the gym so that's not a consideration.

A bar with music near the hotel would be good. But I'm not sure the W music will be my cup of tea LOL

Again, thoughts would be helpful. The plan is to book tomorrow.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Hey that's great. I'm not sure what your "scene" is, but to answer your questions:

- Yes, the ES breakfast scene/manager's reception are chaotic. They seem to be everywhere though, so if you're used to it, well it's the same here. If you go to breakfast at the crack of dawn when they first open, you might be OK. Just before 10:30/11 or whenever it ends, then be prepared to wait to find a table, stand in line, etc. etc. The manager's reception is the same. But it depends, how bad do you want a free breakfast/free drinks? Sometimes to be honest, I won't bother. Standing 15 minutes to get my free breakfast/drink and a plate of pretzels (or whatever it may be) just isn't worth it. Especially if you're hoping for a romantic weekend (somehow breakfast in bed or wine by the bed or something is better than dragging your partner down to stand in line with a buffet tray - just a thought.) If you stay at ES then just walk to Old Montreal, where you can go to some really romantic spots.

- The ES site does indicate they can arrange access to a pool, etc., not sure what/where it is, I never bothered. I'm not sure if it would be at the Hilton which is about a 10-15 walk up the street.

- The W is great if you want to feel exclusive. The bar goes til 2/3/4 in the morning, guests line up behind a rope to get in, there's doormen at the front, etc. It's club music for sure. If you stay at the W avoid the rooms on the floor above the bar though. Think of the W as a place where whatever you want, they will do it (their Whatever/Whenever service) but you will pay for it (and pay a lot). I mean, this is the place where they sell $80 cans of Oxygen in the room, along with $9 VOSS water, $20 Cashews, etc. etc. But if you want to wow your partner, this could be the place.

- I have no idea about smoking at ES. Just try booking a smoking room, if it doesn't work, well there's your answer. Non suite is small, great for 1, if you're going for a romantic weekend, spring for a king size suite. They do have them with "faux" fireplaces and whirlpools..they are great.

Hope it helps. Have a great time.
Old May 27, 2010, 10:06 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'll be staying here in a few weeks for the Formula One Grand Prix. I was able to book (well in advance) using the Free Night certs from the promo that's been going on since January.

I was confirmed in a King, and I believe it to be a suite. Their web site shows just one room type that's not a suite, and it's a "nonsuite 1 Queen Bed Non-Smoking"
http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_...64AFF44B.etc22

All the rest of the room descriptions are suites. Is this accurate? There are 3 of us, so we are counting on the pull out sofa.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:46 am

Hi, I will be staying there soon, anyone has updates on this place, please? It isnow 8 years old so I am wondering whether it is still great or getting old.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by af fp
Hi, I will be staying there soon, anyone has updates on this place, please? It isnow 8 years old so I am wondering whether it is still great or getting old.
Stayed there twice during the last year. Rooms and common areas are still in good shape. They were actually doing some minor renos during my last visit. I like this property as they have been quite generous in the past with room upgrades. Standard Embassy breakfast, and like many other ES hotels, the breakfast area can get quite crowded after 7:30am (although not as bad in the Fall and Winter months). Another thing I like about this ES is that it does not have the "typical" ES hotel and room layout. Rooms feel a bit more spacious
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:18 am

Thanks YOWCDNFF !
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I just had a stay there on Wednesday.

Was upgraded to the Premium Floor. Beautiful room. 2 bar certs (although that is the tiniest bar I have ever seen).

No complaints, would stay there again
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:40 pm

Any updates on this property? On Tripadvisor, the recent reviews have generally been good.

I won't be staying there till October, so hopefully the breakfast and evening reception won't be too crowded or chaotic during the autumn period...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.