Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Complaint letter goes unanswered four times...

Complaint letter goes unanswered four times...

Reply

Old May 4, 08, 9:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: DL, Hilton, SPG, National
Posts: 562
Complaint letter goes unanswered four times...

That's right. After a miserable stay (for a number of reasons that I won't go into here) at the Wharf Hilton in San Francisco last October, I wrote to the manager of the hotel. I never heard, so I wrote to Hilton. They never replied so I wrote the Vice President of Hilton. Still no response, so I wrote him AGAIN, this time overnight FedEx for tracking. Still nothing. Not a single response.

I'm a bit astounded. I have never complained to Hilton before, so I'm not a trouble-maker. I honestly cannot believe they haven't even responded to me.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do? Do I give up?

I'm Diamond, but I guess that doesn't matter for much.
paterwdb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 08, 10:51 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Posts: 2,142
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post
I'm Diamond, but I guess that doesn't matter for much.
Most of my complaints are not answered--so don't feel that you're the only Diamond they could not care less about. Just another reason there was only one major hotel chain that took home zero awards at the Freddies last month...

On one issue where a HGI made promises of compensation in writing that never happened--I filed a small claims court suit--and Hilton called to settle just three days before the scheduled court date.
travelexpert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 08, 8:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DCA / WAS
Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Posts: 9,387
Not surprised. I *did* get a response to one complaint made to the hotel manager, but she was totally unrepentant and essentially called me a liar....
Global_Hi_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 08, 10:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MSN
Programs: Delta Silver Elite, HiltonHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Royal Ambassador
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer View Post
Not surprised. I *did* get a response to one complaint made to the hotel manager, but she was totally unrepentant and essentially called me a liar....
I actually got a phone call from the manager of the Palmer House in Chicago shortly after answering the "tell us about your stay" email that Hilton sent out.

Unfortunately She left a voicemail to call her back, and was never in her office when I called

She didn't call back a second time.
D
DWNewman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 08, 12:26 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post
That's right. After a miserable stay (for a number of reasons that I won't go into here) at the Wharf Hilton in San Francisco last October, I wrote to the manager of the hotel. I never heard, so I wrote to Hilton. They never replied so I wrote the Vice President of Hilton. Still no response, so I wrote him AGAIN, this time overnight FedEx for tracking. Still nothing. Not a single response.

I'm a bit astounded. I have never complained to Hilton before, so I'm not a trouble-maker. I honestly cannot believe they haven't even responded to me.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do? Do I give up?

I'm Diamond, but I guess that doesn't matter for much.

Not many people at Hilton care about your status. Don't expect too much from them! It's pretty much standard that complaints remain unanswered.
Didi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 08, 8:07 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DCA / WAS
Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Posts: 9,387
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
Not many people at Hilton care about your status. Don't expect too much from them! It's pretty much standard that complaints remain unanswered.
The attitude is pretty much "you'll continue to stay with us anyway". Especially the ones with major corporate or airline crew contracts.

I've had exceptions, but I find the attitude at Hilton properties to be much worse than Marriott or Starwood.
Global_Hi_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 08, 10:58 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,059
More than 50,000 HHonors points are missing out of the HHonors account and Hilton and the specific hotel involved have refused to provide a resolution and not addressed my complaints. [Nearly 5 months after having stayed there they took out the points from the account without informing when they should have taken none from that account.]

Hilton is the least responsive of Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton. And for the lack of responsiveness as mentioned above by others, Hilton deserves .
GUWonder is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 08, 3:24 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United 1P; Marriott Silver; Hilton-Silver
Posts: 99
i had a problem about a year ago but i eventually got a response. I don't know if this will help but i called/wrote the following address:

Hilton Hotels CorporationGuest Assistance
755 Crossover Lane AW A2
Memphis, TN 38117

901-374-6476
Fax 901-374-5948

You might also contact

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
P.O. Box 9003Addison, TX 75001-9003
P. 1.800.548.8690F. 1.972.788.1818E.
kimag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 08, 3:33 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Body in Phoenix, Thoughts in Hawaii
Programs: AA Gold
Posts: 894
I'm trying to resolve a difference between my bill and what was actually charged to my cc. And this after being flooded out of my 22nd story room by idiots upstairs, and the next night sleepless again after the fighting next door.
Princess1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread