FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Complaint letter goes unanswered four times... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/820290-complaint-letter-goes-unanswered-four-times.html)

paterwdb May 4, 2008 9:22 pm

Complaint letter goes unanswered four times...

That's right. After a miserable stay (for a number of reasons that I won't go into here) at the Wharf Hilton in San Francisco last October, I wrote to the manager of the hotel. I never heard, so I wrote to Hilton. They never replied so I wrote the Vice President of Hilton. Still no response, so I wrote him AGAIN, this time overnight FedEx for tracking. Still nothing. Not a single response.

I'm a bit astounded. I have never complained to Hilton before, so I'm not a trouble-maker. I honestly cannot believe they haven't even responded to me.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do? Do I give up?

I'm Diamond, but I guess that doesn't matter for much.

travelexpert May 4, 2008 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb (Post 9676633)

Most of my complaints are not answered--so don't feel that you're the only Diamond they could not care less about. Just another reason there was only one major hotel chain that took home zero awards at the Freddies last month...

On one issue where a HGI made promises of compensation in writing that never happened--I filed a small claims court suit--and Hilton called to settle just three days before the scheduled court date.

Global_Hi_Flyer May 5, 2008 8:40 am

Not surprised. I *did* get a response to one complaint made to the hotel manager, but she was totally unrepentant and essentially called me a liar....

DWNewman May 5, 2008 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer (Post 9678174)
Not surprised. I *did* get a response to one complaint made to the hotel manager, but she was totally unrepentant and essentially called me a liar....

I actually got a phone call from the manager of the Palmer House in Chicago shortly after answering the "tell us about your stay" email that Hilton sent out.

Unfortunately She left a voicemail to call her back, and was never in her office when I called :(

She didn't call back a second time.
D

Didi May 5, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb (Post 9676633)
That's right. After a miserable stay (for a number of reasons that I won't go into here) at the Wharf Hilton in San Francisco last October, I wrote to the manager of the hotel. I never heard, so I wrote to Hilton. They never replied so I wrote the Vice President of Hilton. Still no response, so I wrote him AGAIN, this time overnight FedEx for tracking. Still nothing. Not a single response.

I'm a bit astounded. I have never complained to Hilton before, so I'm not a trouble-maker. I honestly cannot believe they haven't even responded to me.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do? Do I give up?

Not many people at Hilton care about your status. Don't expect too much from them! It's pretty much standard that complaints remain unanswered.

Global_Hi_Flyer May 6, 2008 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Didi (Post 9679343)
Not many people at Hilton care about your status. Don't expect too much from them! It's pretty much standard that complaints remain unanswered.

The attitude is pretty much "you'll continue to stay with us anyway". Especially the ones with major corporate or airline crew contracts.

I've had exceptions, but I find the attitude at Hilton properties to be much worse than Marriott or Starwood.

GUWonder May 6, 2008 10:58 am

More than 50,000 HHonors points are missing out of the HHonors account and Hilton and the specific hotel involved have refused to provide a resolution and not addressed my complaints. [Nearly 5 months after having stayed there they took out the points from the account without informing when they should have taken none from that account.]

Hilton is the least responsive of Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton. And for the lack of responsiveness as mentioned above by others, Hilton deserves :td: :td: .

kimag May 6, 2008 3:24 pm

i had a problem about a year ago but i eventually got a response. I don't know if this will help but i called/wrote the following address:

Hilton Hotels CorporationGuest Assistance
755 Crossover Lane AW A2
Memphis, TN 38117

901-374-6476
Fax 901-374-5948

You might also contact

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
P.O. Box 9003Addison, TX 75001-9003
P. 1.800.548.8690F. 1.972.788.1818E.

Princess1 May 6, 2008 3:33 pm

I'm trying to resolve a difference between my bill and what was actually charged to my cc. And this after being flooded out of my 22nd story room by idiots upstairs, and the next night sleepless again after the fighting next door.