Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The "Biscuits and Gravy at Honors Properties -- Best and Worst" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Biscuits and Gravy at Honors Properties -- Best and Worst" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
ANC Hilton Breakfast Buffet:

Executive Lounge closed on the weekend so we get the Buffet. Had good biscuits with Reindeer Sausage ^

That's right- spoiled by Santa
Gotta agree with this one. Stayed there for the first time last week, biscuits were decent, reindeer sausage gravy was OUTSTANDING!! Plus, they have reindeer sausage links on the bar too!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown: Good, not great. Sausage gravy was quite good, biscuits were somewhat tasteless unfortunately.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While staying at a DT in WA a friend of mine, distressed by what he was eating said 'ohhh this porridge (oatmeal) tastes meaty, its awful'. I had to explain what the gravy was he was eating to his Scottish taste buds.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
lol - - nice one hugolover.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Pittsburgh: Really good, some of the best I've had. Flaky but a little crispy biscuits, thick gravy with lots of sausage ^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Another stay at the STL Embassy Suites. And the gravy has only gotten better. A solid A- ^ Good consistency, lots of meat, would have been an A if there had been a bit more pepper in the seasoning. Biscuits were great too - crispy on the outside; moist on the inside.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:04 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Doubletree, Aurora (Denver), Colorado.

Both the biscuits and the gravy appeared to be not canned/frozen. The biscuits had suffered (but not too badly) from being in the warming tray too long. The gravy, though, was excellent. Intriguingly spiced, chunks of sausage. Slightly too thin in consistency. All in all, among the top 5 I've had at HHonors hotels.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, UA Silver
Worst: Hampton Inn and Suites, Denver Tech Center. Absolutely disgusting. They were supposed to be sausage grave. No sausage to be seen, they looked like a pepper gravy. I literally took one small bite and had to throw them out.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
DoubleTree Lafayette, LA - was a Hilton until a few months ago. The biscuits there are quite good, as they should be in the south.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Homewood Suites St. Louis Riverport
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...VHW/index.html
Appeared at first glance to be the canned dreck.
If it was it had been doctored to make it much better. Consistency a little thin but gravy surprisingly flavorful.

Biscuits were hot and fresh.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:52 am

DoubleTree Charlottesville, VA. Nice fluffy biscuits with a towel over them to keep them moist on the steam table. Gravy was the perfect consistency, thick enough to hold together well but runny enough to soak into the biscuits. Definitely homemade as you can see the sausage chunks still exuding little trails of grease mixing into the gravy, which has the nice tannish hue imparted by a good roux, as opposed to the white-glue-looking canned stuff. Yum.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at the Hampton Inn Daytona Beach Shores and they had some really good Biscuits and Gravy one morning. Biscuits were on a warming plate so they were warm, soft and moist and the gravy was full of sausage and very good!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Hampton Inn, Kansas City Airport

Biscuits better than the usual fare.

Gravy also better than usually (although clearly canned, nonetheless). Had decent flavor although little texture (more like a very heavy soup). But the addition of sausage patties helped.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
HGI in downtown Seattle had some that was so good I would've been willing to pay for it. On a return visit I waited for breakfast like a kid at Christmas.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:07 pm

Amarillo Hampton Inn (East). Didn't have the gravy (as gravy doesn't appeal to me generally), but the biscuits were awesome, particularly with butter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.