Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lawro
Seems chain hotels don't survive very well in that part of the world.
Not true at all. TelAviv is loaded with US chain hotels, Hilton,SPG,Marriott,IHG, and several per chain to boot.

Jerusalem is a different story since it gets little to no biz folks coming and is mainly leisure based. Thusly why it doesnt pay to be hooked up with some program where you have to give x% a year to just to hang its sign out
Old May 18, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craz
Not true at all. TelAviv is loaded with US chain hotels, Hilton,SPG,Marriott,IHG, and several per chain to boot.

Jerusalem is a different story since it gets little to no biz folks coming and is mainly leisure based. Thusly why it doesnt pay to be hooked up with some program where you have to give x% a year to just to hang its sign out
Sorry should have been more specific. I meant Jerusalem in particular - of course in Tel Aviv it does seem to be a different market and then, of course, you have the likes of the RC in Herzliya as well...
Old May 28, 2017, 12:42 pm

FYI regarding breakfast for points stays. I emailed the hotel asking what the policy was, since the reservations page says it's not included. Here is their response.

------
Thank you for contacting the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem.

When booking under Hilton Honors points or Certificate breakfast is complimentary for Gold and Diamond members and for Blue and Silver members it is not complimentary.

Breakfast rate is ₪155 per person, which is around $43 USD per person.
------
Old May 29, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Great news. We have an upcoming points stay in September..were expecting to go to Aroma for breakfast but hopefully this works..

Any more news on when the sale goes through?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by helosc
And I ended up not needing a twin room after all, so booked a king room.
But I just checked my pictures and the king bed was two separate matresses with two blankets/duvees.
I can't see the bottom of the bed as there is a small sofa in front of it so I can't see if it is de facto two beds (and I can't remember) but I would assume so.
Do you recall whether the box springs and frames separated as well - can the two beds that make up the King bed be totally separated with a small gap between? We are traveling in December and my two boys (19 and 15) refuse to share a bed in any manner.

Edit: oops, never mind, I see that you already addressed that.

Last edited by levman; Aug 2, 2017 at 1:19 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:55 pm

Regarding the sale of the Waldorf: after the news was reported in May, there was mention in Fay Greer Cashman's Jerusalem Post column that the sale fell through partly because of price and partly due to the long-term contract with Hilton that would pass on to a new buyer.

Would appreciate any updates as I made a direct reservation with the hotel for a long stay in June 2018 as a Diamond! (There's a convention at that time but I booked direct at a higher rate to select my room type and be able to get points for my stay...if the Waldorf leaves the Hilton chain, so be it, as long as they still honor my reservation!!!)

I would think though that Hilton had a pretty iron-clad contract for the Waldorf as they had the previous experience with David's Citadel breaking away years ago.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:27 am

In case anyone is interested - I contacted the hotel regarding the king beds at the Jerusalem Waldorf Astoria, they are true kings with a king mattress.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:42 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
I just made a reservation yesterday using points for a 10 night stay in April of 2018 . I sure hope it has not been sold. I was doing the happy dance all night , and just now saw this thread.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mav
I just made a reservation yesterday using points for a 10 night stay in April of 2018 . I sure hope it has not been sold. I was doing the happy dance all night , and just now saw this thread.
Looks like it just sold yesterday! But the new owner "retains the right to operate it as a Waldorf". Hope he does! I'm checking in there this coming Thurs on a points stay (that was hard to get!) I'll report if I hear anything.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusa...r-160-million/
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by levman

Looks like it just sold yesterday! But the new owner "retains the right to operate it as a Waldorf". Hope he does! I'm checking in there this coming Thurs on a points stay (that was hard to get!) I'll report if I hear anything.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusa...r-160-million/
Yes, please post any updates about this hotel remaining under the Hilton umbrella...I have a long stay booked for early June, not on points but I was counting on getting points for the stay! Safe travels and have a wonderful time!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:45 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
found this article on the sale. https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusa...r-160-million/
Sure hope they honor our reservation
also this article https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/business/1.831022

Last edited by mav; Dec 26, 2017 at 4:52 am Reason: add article
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:55 pm

I asked the concierge at the Tel Aviv Hilton (where I am now) about this, he seemed to be in the know and claimed that it would continue to be operated as a Waldorf.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:17 pm

Thank you! Enjoy your stay...love the Hilton Tel Aviv and booked 2 weeks on points there later in June...and please post any further info you pick up while at the WA Jerusalem!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by freestay
Thank you! Enjoy your stay...love the Hilton Tel Aviv and booked 2 weeks on points there later in June...and please post any further info you pick up while at the WA Jerusalem!
A front desk agent at the Jerusalem Waldorf confirmed that the property will remain a Waldorf.

Here's a laundry tip for the property: there is a laundry/dry cleaners just across the hotel entrance - a 30 second walk, if that - that will do your laundry and deliver it to the hotel. Minimum 5 kilos, and the cost for 5 kilos is 125 NIS, about $36 USD. Very convenient.

Also, in Tel Aviv I found a service called Look Clean that will pick up and drop off from any hotel. Cost is 15 shekels per kilo, which is about six shekels more than a local laundry about 3/4 mile away, which in my mind is a reasonable increase for the convenience. Best way to communicate with them is via Whatsapp and they were very responsive. Look Clean
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Thank you...glad to hear the branding will remain the same...and both laundry tips will be very useful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.