Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I was there for a week last year. Highly recommend it and would absolutely stay again. Great property, fantastic location. Excellent and plentiful breakfast (if you are gold or diamond) and the fare in the lounge at night was very good. Good enough that we made it dinner one night after a particularly tiring day.

My only gripe is there are about a million, diffucult to figure out, light switches in the room. I got the hang of them by the end of the week but you almost need to be a rocket scientist to figure them out at first.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I had a very satisfying two nights business stay with a colleague at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing last Sat-Mon. The decision in favor of this hotel was made because of its central location in the Donghuamen district, opposite APM Mall with its many shops and restaurants, some steps to Wangfujing shopping street and a short walk to Tian´anmen square, to be able to get some local impressions evening time after a Sunday with far away factory visits from morning on. I know Hilton Beijing which is more peripheric from past stays (no complaints about that hotel) but would recommend Hilton Wangfujing for all who come to Beijing for (at least first time - my colleague) business stays or as tourists. The hotel was rated by our local business partner as "good choice". For us all full service and business luxury aspects were fulfilled, HHonors Diamond treatment was excellent.

Will report about the stay here in the next days.

Name:  20170327_093107_50.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  587.8 KB

Name:  20170325_180204_50.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  443.3 KB
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Can anyone comment on the quality of the internet service? I've seen some reviews on travel booking sites stating the internet was spotty or unusable, and I'll be there on business so decent internet is quite important.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

They may have Ethernet available. I don't specifically recall but they answer emails quickly.

I always travel with an Ethernet to USB just in case.

They do have US plugs in the room and are pretty well equipped on the tech side.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Can anyone comment if booking into a Lifestyle or Innovation Suite as a Diamond Member will hurt the chances of an upgrade to a Deluxe or Premier Suite, i.e. they may actually think we want that type of room? I am planning to stay for 2 nights and will be arriving very late at night. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by earlyriser
Can anyone comment if booking into a Lifestyle or Innovation Suite as a Diamond Member will hurt the chances of an upgrade to a Deluxe or Premier Suite, i.e. they may actually think we want that type of room? I am planning to stay for 2 nights and will be arriving very late at night. Thanks in advance.
Can't really address what you are asking. I always book into the minimum room I would be happy with and any upgrade is a plus. And if no upgrade, I am still perfectly happy. Don't book lesser rooms than you will accept on anticipation of an upgrade then complain. Upgrades are not a guarantee and sometimes there is not one available. At this hotel I got a very nice upgrade to a Jr. Suite on the executive level. I had booked a King deluxe room.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:06 pm

You can pre-negotiate the upgrade with this property, based on availability of course. They are very accommodating. Just e-mail them what category you want and ask what category you should book per their upgrade policy.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Can't really address what you are asking. I always book into the minimum room I would be happy with and any upgrade is a plus. And if no upgrade, I am still perfectly happy. Don't book lesser rooms than you will accept on anticipation of an upgrade then complain. Upgrades are not a guarantee and sometimes there is not one available. At this hotel I got a very nice upgrade to a Jr. Suite on the executive level. I had booked a King deluxe room.
Thanks for the input. This looks like a great hotel regardless of upgrades.

Originally Posted by saaveraward
You can pre-negotiate the upgrade with this property, based on availability of course. They are very accommodating. Just e-mail them what category you want and ask what category you should book per their upgrade policy.
Thanks, good to know. Stay is just over 6 months away but they have a sale on at the moment. Too soon to email?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by earlyriser
Thanks for the input. This looks like a great hotel regardless of upgrades.

Thanks, good to know. Stay is just over 6 months away but they have a sale on at the moment. Too soon to email?
Not too soon at all. It's an upgrade chart they use (formal or informal I don't know). You can also look at my review in 2015 which I think says what I booked and what I got.

Would you mind PMing me the sale link? I need to book some rooms. Is it this specific hotel or for the region? Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jfidler
Can anyone comment on the quality of the internet service? I've seen some reviews on travel booking sites stating the internet was spotty or unusable, and I'll be there on business so decent internet is quite important.
There is in-room ethernet. I found it in one of my photos.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:58 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by jfidler
I know this is a bit old but if strong wifi is a priority in Beijing - I would consider the Waldorf... As matter of fact when we were there the entire WA network was VPN'd via Hong Kong, which meant full internet access.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I emailed the hotel about lounge hours and the like for a stay in a few days and they pre-upgraded me from a base twin to the twin lifestyle suite. The king deluxe suites look very nice but they don't have any other suites with twin beds besides the one I have. Does anyone know if the couches have a pullout mattress in those rooms? If they do I may email back and offer to pay to upgrade one more category if that's possible and the price is reasonable. I loved this hotel when I stayed 2 years ago minus a small issue at checkout so hopefully it's a similar experience.
OzTraveller likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:21 pm

Has anyone that has stayed recently received a date on when the pool will re-open?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
We are planning a trip to this hotel soon. Does anyone have any recent experiences for the hotel and their services within the last few months?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Stayed there in October. Internet in rooms and executive lounge worked well. Service from hotel staff was good too. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants but did have breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres at the executive lounge and that was good. No complaints really -- will likely stay there again for a trip coming up in a few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.