FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Husband & Wife Diamond Members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/797195-husband-wife-diamond-members.html)

tinkybelle Mar 5, 2008 6:23 pm

I think the mutual account is fantastic.^ and when we have 2 rooms we just transfer the balance of the second room to the first room and always get our points.
also when staying with a second room we always get the upgrade for both rooms. I wish all the other programs were as generous:cool:
I dont know what all the whining is about re this fantastic benefit.

BXIAN Mar 5, 2008 8:31 pm

I believe that if you are a Diamond HiltonHonors member and purchase an HGVC timeshare, they will add your spouse to your account. A Diamond desk rep. mentioned this to me after we purchased our timeshare. You have to be somewhat persistent, since HGVC and Hilton Honors don't seem to communicate very well....

nonutrix Oct 5, 2008 9:13 am

My husband and I have mutual diamond cards like BXIAN's, because of our status with the HGVC timeshares. We have a two room award stay coming up at the London Park Lane. The reservation lists one adult in each room with our 14 yr old son listed as sharing one of the rooms. Since we both have diamond cards, is it likely that both rooms will be upgraded? What about lounge access? Breakfast? BTW, both rooms are reserved in my husband's name because his is the first name on the diamond account. Should we contact the hotel ahead of time to ask for the upgrade?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

nonutrix

cblaisd Oct 5, 2008 11:52 am

Originally Posted by GDIW (Post 9352033)
Originally the online Hilton system would let us choose who's name to make a reservation. So depending on who was traveling we could book appropriate reservations. After some kind of online system upgrade, my husband's name was automatically made as the default name and I can no longer make online reservations in my name.

I agree that that is annoying.

What I do is simply make the reservation online in my name, then email one of my HHonors contacts and ask that the name be changed on the reservation from mine to my spouse's.

aussielori Nov 28, 2015 1:18 am

any mutual account cards recently?

I have a mutual account but have not received any card for the last few years.
When I emailed Honours to ask for one for my wife I was told that no one can have a dual account.
has anyone else been sent 2 cards in the last couple of years?
we normally stay together so it doesn't matter but we are staying individually in the next few weeks and wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem at checkin.

CIT85 Nov 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 25781423)
I have a mutual account but have not received any card for the last few years.
When I emailed Honours to ask for one for my wife I was told that no one can have a dual account.
has anyone else been sent 2 cards in the last couple of years?
we normally stay together so it doesn't matter but we are staying individually in the next few weeks and wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem at checkin.

My wife did not received a HH card this year. We have mutual account.

I have never had my wife's stay credit post automatically, and had to call and have points and stay credit manually adjusted after a week or so.

I've resorted to making reservations for my wife in my name and have her name (different last name) down as second guest. All those stays posted right away. Since all properties are small towns, no one ever asked for me. I've even had reservation agents do this for me knowing that I will not be staying.

This is work around the problems.

cblaisd Nov 28, 2015 7:39 pm

There is a much better workaround for those with grandfathered Mutual Fund accounts that doesn't entail dealing with HHonors support folks who may increasingly not know about something that ended a decade ago:

Log out of your HHonors account. Then make the reservation, filling in "manually" spouse's name, address, credit card info. And then put in your/your spouse's HHonors #.

In my experience, the points/stays always credit when doing it this way.

Yes, it's tedious but it's more tedious talking to HHonors support folks, even Diamond Desk reps, who don't know about this grandfathered option that many have.

kmandrew Nov 29, 2015 7:49 pm

My wife and I have had a mutual account for 14 years all Diamond. Yes when she books a room my name comes up, all she does when traveling alone is put in "2" guests and then under "additional guest name" she put in hers - never a problem.

The only issue we have is when we are in different cities the same night my stay posts hers does not, I call the DD and they always kind of laugh then manually added her stay and points - again, never a problem.

This is a fantastic benefit, my wife stays in hotels around 15 nights a year and gets put on the Executive floor; I don't quite understand what people are complaining about. Would they have Hilton do away with this benefit?