Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Hi Everyone,

Before you flame me, I already searched and couldn't find any recent results on the topic. I'll be staying at the Waldorf Park City for three nights from Sunday - Tuesday. I'm a Hilton Diamond. Anyone have recent experience staying there during the pandemic? Specifically, wondering about the facilities that are open / closed (e.g. is the shuttle still running to downtown Park City? - inconsistent information online about that), can you ski down to the gondola across the street? What's the ski service like? Any reviews on rooms, amenities, upgrades, free breakfast for Diamonds, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I was there a few weeks ago. I don't ski, but beyond that, they gave me the full food and beverage credit for two people as a single (so $30 off my breakfast bill), the shuttle was running, I got upgraded to a full 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. Pool was open. Only one of two hot tubs was.

HTH!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Thanks for the replies everyone and thanks to the mods for merging this into the hotel thread! Excited to be staying there!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Was there recently as well. The "ski service" is nice. End of day or at lunch you ski down to the bottom of the Frostwood/Waldorf Gondola, put your skis there. Walk across the street to the ski valet, they give you your shoes and take your boots. If you are thirsty ask for water as they have that too. When you come back your boots are nice and warm and dry on the inside. You just keep your skis at the base of the gondola and they are put in overnight storage every night. In the beginning, they will put a silver sticker on your skis with your last name. Very convenient. At peak times over holiday, weekends or when there's a lot of snow the line to go up the gondola can be 20 minutes.

Breakfast, you can walk down to the restaurant and get "to go" in togo boxes, or you can order from in-room dining, or in the restaurant.

BTW, While yes it is $31, the Wagyu burger is real good.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Thanks for all the great information. Been a great three night stay and leaving very early tomorrow. Just as people have described. Valet took our skis when we checked in to the ski valets. Boots were placed on warmers and skis were waiting at the base of the gondola for us each morning. $30 credit in the restaurant for breakfast (which we were able to use for lunch since they had a water break this morning and just gave away a nice cold breakfast to anyone who wanted it). Staff has been incredible and service great as well. Got upgraded to a full 1 bedroom suite using points and a free night certificate! Will definitely come back again.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:43 am

Any recent stays?

Has anyone had a recent stay? Looking forward to a five night stay at the beginning of May!
Old May 15, 2021, 6:35 pm

I completed a five-day stay in early May. I booked with points (5th night free) and when I booked in early January it was only 40k a night so only 160k for the five nights which is a nice bargain. This was truly a leisurely vacation to just relax so it was nice to visit Park City during the shoulder season. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to the one-bedroom suite which has a full kitchen, washer/dryer, two fireplaces, 1.5 baths, etc. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. I was traveling with my dog so we did not see a lot of staff or guests as I opted for self-park and never used the elevators. The hotel was very quiet so perfect for relaxing - there is construction happening on some condos across the street that I faced so that was noisy at times but not intolerable. As a Diamond, it is $15 credit per person for breakfast...with most of their breakfast entrees being $17+ it would be nice if this is increased in the future. As a singleton, they still gave me credit for two so I could splurge a bit!

Overall, a very nice stay and I would return in the future.

Old May 15, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Looks nice. Were those baby moose? mooses?
Old May 17, 2021, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Looks nice. Were those baby moose? mooses?
I believe so, it was so cool to see them!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I called and it seems that you not only have the room rate, it is plus plus plus

Any recent stays for actual reports? Can you get the resort fee waived?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I called and it seems that you not only have the room rate, it is plus plus plus

Any recent stays for actual reports? Can you get the resort fee waived?
Ok, plus taxes? Plus resort fee? What's the 3rd Plus? Valet parking maybe? All of them, while distasteful, are pretty much par for the course. Resort fees are waived with points reservations.

If there are different "pluses" please share because none of us like surprises.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Ok, plus taxes? Plus resort fee? What's the 3rd Plus? Valet parking maybe? All of them, while distasteful, are pretty much par for the course. Resort fees are waived with points reservations.

If there are different "pluses" please share because none of us like surprises.
Valet is actually included in the resort fee at this resort. Taxes are a bit high at 13.54%. All of which are covered with a point stay.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hobotravel
Valet is actually included in the resort fee at this resort. Taxes are a bit high at 13.54%. All of which are covered with a point stay.
I’m a Diamond member and have an upcoming stay in Nov. I was told valet parking is $35 and no self-parking is available. Also, valet parking is NOT included with the resort fee, although many in this thread have stated that it is, so I can only assume they recently decided to exclude it? The resort fee, however, is waived since I’m paying with points. Can anyone confirm there’s no self-parking at this property? Thank you.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by comeflywme
I’m a Diamond member and have an upcoming stay in Nov. I was told valet parking is $35 and no self-parking is available. Also, valet parking is NOT included with the resort fee, although many in this thread have stated that it is, so I can only assume they recently decided to exclude it? The resort fee, however, is waived since I’m paying with points. Can anyone confirm there’s no self-parking at this property? Thank you.
To my knowledge there is no self parking. Closest free parking is either down the hill (Cooper Ln) about 200m (to get past no parking signs) or at the Cab Lift (behind the 7/11, not to be confused with the gondola lift) in the huge lot (confirm overnight parking is allowed, it might not be) - the latter is where the employees park.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo
To my knowledge there is no self parking. Closest free parking is either down the hill (Cooper Ln) about 200m (to get past no parking signs) or at the Cab Lift (behind the 7/11, not to be confused with the gondola lift) in the huge lot (confirm overnight parking is allowed, it might not be) - the latter is where the employees park.
They're not really set up for self parking. They let me self park in May when I was traveling with my dog because I requested it... I told them it would be easier than having to bring the dog through the valet and lobby every time. You're parking under the building, and the elevators take you right in. You're definitely parking in more of a service area with limited lighting, signage, etc. At that time, valet was included in the resort fee.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has this hotel gone through its room renovation yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.