Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
@Jimwagner2 Did you see my revised dining plan on the previous page?

And would you like some recommendations for music? I know it's very subjective but I've got some really good stuff that goes with a lot of what a trip to the Maldives has to offer, especially the seaplane ride.
Yes the revised plan was perfect! The team at Rangali really appreciated the organization, as for music sure why not! Flight from Philadelphia leaves Monday, we get in Wednesday AM on the Qatar flight. Cant wait! Hopefully make it through the wedding this weekend!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cynicor

Last trip in Easter was 100% occupancy with lots of kids and net was unusable. Couldn't use Facebook or google even. Had to use it between midnight and 6-7am
I was there the week before Easter it was OK but not good in the room and worthless everywhere else.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:42 am

Music for the seaplane journey

Originally Posted by Jimwagner2
Yes the revised plan was perfect! The team at Rangali really appreciated the organization, as for music sure why not!
Try the 2 albums from Achillea. Excellent and liked by a whole range of folks with different tastes.

I usually play Desnudame & A Maria Santissima from the album Amadas Estrellas - the former on the way to Rangali and the latter on the return journey back to Male.
And from the album The Nine Worlds I play Prelude and Ragnarok - Twilight of the Gods one after the other (tracks 1 & 2) as we take off - the perfect way to start a holiday in the Maldives IMHO. You might like to keep playing the tracks in order and add Odin's Hill (track 3) as well. And then I follow with Staraja Ladoga* then Cape Porcupine on the return flight. On the outbound I add Land of the Elves after A Maria Santissima (mentioned above) and then Othila - The Rune Masters to finish off, sometimes letting it play the next track Achillea - Exodus as well.

So, to simplify (sorry, the above is a bit confusing);

Inbound to Rangali (or whatever resort you're going to);
1. Prelude (The Nine Worlds)
2. Ragnarok - Twilight of the Gods (The Nine Worlds)
3. Desnudame (Amadas Estrellas, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
4. Shears From Scar (The Nine Worlds, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
5. Odin's Hill (The Nine Worlds, optional track)

Outbound to Male (the saddest day of the year for me, LOL);
1. Staraja Ladoga* (The Nine Worlds, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
2. Cape Porcupine (The Nine Worlds)
3. A Maria Santissima (Amadas Estrellas, played as the last track is also a good choice)
4. Land of the Elves (The Nine Worlds)
5. Othila - The Rune Masters (The Nine Worlds)
6. Achillea - Exodus (The Nine Worlds, optional)

* This track is interesting as it's suitable for both the inbound and outbound but get's slightly, very slightly, downbeat towards the end with the guitars so it usually gets played on the trip back to Male

Of course you might well find that this music or these lists (or the orders) don't do it for you. Sorry in advance, LOL. What you can do is take Desnudame and Staraja Ladoga and listen to them before you go, while you have your eyes closed and imagine flying over the atolls. If you've flown on a seaplane to a resort in the Maldives before you won't even need to close your eyes, LOL. Or maybe that only applies to me, heh. Anyway, if you think they're good / suitable then you'll probably be reasonably happy with the compilation.....I hope so!
And what I usually do is take a dual headphone adapter or just run the playlist over BlueTooth so we / everyone listen(s) to the music at the same time.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Nov 28, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:10 am
jtz

I'm thinking of changing our 5 night WV in August to 2 nights BV and 3 nights WV

For BV I'm thinking of sunrise side 213-216 end unit, just so we can get up and walk to the beach easily and have some night walks, straight from our room, the outdoor shower and bathtub also look appealing!

For WV I am thinking of sunset side 315- 330, for the shallow water and easier to snorkel for non-swimmers.

Does that seem reasonable?

After reading some posts here I am definitely thinking of buying an inflatable flamingo or something to enjoy the water a bit more, guessing it's ok ?

Not made any plans for dinner yet because I am not sure which restaurants will be open or closed in August, but I like the look of Mandhoo.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:34 am

Re: inflatables. You didn't see the conversation a few months ago about them, I suppose?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Hahaha re inflatables we are bringing a unicorn one although its a kids one and well have our own pool in the DBV so it wont be an eye sore for anybody

You can actually get giant unicorn inflatables which can hold 6 adults or something - now that would be bad!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:49 pm
jtz

Yep I saw the comments on the inflatables, and got the feeling that it's a mixed feedback ...just wanna know I won't be the only one😂
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:48 pm

Mixed yes, but about 90% against, 10% for.....and the 10% for are the way pineapple_09 will use one. Good on ya, pineapple! ^^^
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Can you imagine if everyone.....no, even only half the guests, took one and put it in the sea or in their OWV pools? Rangali would soon become a place worse than when The Horde invaded. You know, like those British summer camps at the beach. And that's saying something. It's just like drones. Can you imagine if half the guests had one? Insect swarm anyone? A plague. If everyone 'contributes' (to the peace and quiet) by leaving them at home, the place will remain the paradise it's supposed to be. Future Horde invasions aside, that is!

BTW, here's the start of the conversation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30009401-post1169.html
Jeez, it's almost a year ago. How time flies. Oh and yeah, I couldn't resist reposting this (courtesy of @lhrhappy)

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 13, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

Mixed yes, but about 90% against, 10% for.....and the 10% for are the way pineapple_09 will use one. Good on ya, pineapple! ^^^
I am 100% in favor of NO inflatables at the main pool(s). But confess to being in the 10% of people using them at our private room pool or off our OWV. We don't leave it out hanging off a rope when not it use. But my daughter loves to play in one. But understand how it could be annoying to some.

But I would gladly take Unicorns over Banana Hammocks at the house pools....I am talking to YOU EUROPEANS...they do not look good on anyone...put on a full bathing suit!

Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
MY EYES MY EYES MY EYES!!!! CANNOT UNSEE!!!!!!

TD - was that really necessary ROFLMAO.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:21 pm

Can you imagine if everyone.....no, even only half the guests, took one and put it in the sea or in their OWV pools? Rangali would soon become a place worse than when The Horde invaded. You know, like those British summer camps at the beach. And that's saying something. It's just like drones. Can you imagine if half the guests had one? Insect swarm anyone? A plague. If everyone 'contributes' (to the peace and quiet) by leaving them at home, the place will remain the paradise it's supposed to be. Future Horde invasions aside, that is!

BTW, here's the start of the conversation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30009401-post1169.html
Jeez, it's almost a year ago. How time flies. Oh and yeah, I couldn't resist reposting this (courtesy of @lhrhappy)

What about one of these? Would that be stylish enough? ;-)

Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I am talking to YOU EUROPEANS...they do not look good on anyone...put on a full bathing suit!
Be careful. The FlyerTalk PCP will come along and give you a warning for that!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by jtz
Yep I saw the comments on the inflatables, and got the feeling that it's a mixed feedback ...just wanna know I won't be the only one😂
Peeps who care about inflatables need to get a life, or laid..... If you are on island I could give a $hit what you choose to float in. Don't let anyone control your fun......
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:03 am
jtz

Signed up for swimming lessons starting next week, hoping I can at least swim a bit near my WV, have taken lessons previously and I didn't get far (fear of floating by myself), ashamed to say, but Rangali is definitely going to give me the push I need!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.