Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@pineapple_09 - sorry yeah was referring to restaurants being closed on more days. BTW - they do have 2 different kind of underwater camera rentals here at the dive shop. It's $60-80 a day for camera or go pro. And $800 and $1000 if you leave them with the fishes

Weather has been pretty stormy - still haven't gotten a great sunset and doesn't look to be that way tonight. Wife did get sun burnt from the hot tub frolic so I guess that's not a bad thing.

Food has been pretty decent. We tried room service breakfast once (pro tip - if you order one of everything it won't fit on the table!) and Mandahoo breakfast today. Eggs benedict were yummy and sunny side up eggs perfectly done. However, the pork sausage was a little dry and the bacon burnt. We arrived late and were the only ones in the restaurant till after closing. Atoll market buffet is pretty standard, I don't really see the value in 100++ pp and the air being so tepid indoors. Enjoyed a nice steak at the Rangali bar (mashed potatoes and grilled veggies were fantastic). We've done Ufaa and Ithaa on our previous trips, so maybe sunset grill and Koko next?

Surprisingly we are under budget - Maldivian night not running, and whale shark cancelled today due to weather. Latter won't run again till Wednesday, after we leave

If there's anyone here that would like to meet up, we have 2 more days! Sorry we missed you too @GoldenCat_EK
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:08 am

Few pictures of breakfast menu at Mandahoo

Where's yours @MaldivesFreak ??? Found this hiddenish on the beach facing the SWVs

Construction definitely going on. We wandered down the wrong path and saw many beach villas being refurbished.

Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Thanks Sam_goh! Do you know which beach villas they are renovating? Is it very noisy?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Where's yours @MaldivesFreak ??? Found this hiddenish on the beach facing the SWVs
Not a LTD I'm afraid so no plant for me.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:40 pm

@MF - what section of the DBVs would you request on the lagoon side - 130 to 140 or 124 to 127?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:11 pm

Low to mid 130s. Beach is better (less breakers), more private (view from dhoni jetty / reception is broken by protruding flora) and virtually no erosion.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:05 pm

Do they still supply you with water bottles to bring to the beach? Wondering if we should bring some reusable water bottles with us ... but then where would you wash said bottle? The bathroom sink wouldn’t be ideal. Our last trip did not require this much thinking and over analysing - travelling with a kid requires some additional planning! LOL
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:09 pm

We brought our reusable bottles everywhere. Not sure why the bathroom isn't ok to wash them?

Used the bottles of water they supplied to fill them, but also just the tap water occasionally too
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Any news on the water villa renovations on the Quiet Island? I’m in the Superior Water Villa for 6 nights 25 Dec to 31 Dec (intentionally skipping the dumb Gala). Any complimentary upgrades to nicer water villas as HH Diamond? Wondering if I will be getting the newly renovated water villas or is the whole plan to redo that island scraped??

Also booked Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi in their base Points beach villa, and St. Regis Maldives also on points in their base Garden Villa during the same time, so I’m having a dilemma on which to reservation to keep and cancel ugh. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cce5858; Jun 9, 2019 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858
Any news on the water villa renovations on the Quiet Island? I’m in the Superior Water Villa for 6 nights 25 Dec to 31 Dec (intentionally skipping the dumb Gala). Any complimentary upgrades to nicer water villas as HH Diamond? Wondering if I will be getting the newly renovated water villas or is the whole plan to redo that island scraped??

Also booked Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi in their base Points beach villa, and St. Regis Maldives also on points in their base Garden Villa during the same time, so I’m having a dilemma on which to reservation to keep and cancel ugh. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Can’t tell you if it was the right move or not, but we had Conrad and WA points stays booked. We canceled the Conrad. The WA looks MUCH nice than the Conrad. We like the Grand Villas, not an option at the Conrad.

TD
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

I'm waiting for the first month of reports to come in before making a decision on the WA. Would suggest doing the same.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Thanks Sam_goh! Do you know which beach villas they are renovating? Is it very noisy?
They are redoing up and down the 200 range villas now. Oddly, several seem to be occupied. If I were them the noise would bother me, especially when the tile saws are running it can get loud. I heard them above the wind while getting into the water at the house reef. Erosion is pretty bad around 202 and above too.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:22 am

Any chance you could take some pics of the erosion around both islands. That would be great if you have the time. TIA!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Any info on Water Villa/Quier Island renovations?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:21 pm

Any info on Water Villa/Quier Island renovations?
No, nothing planned. They are renovating the Deluxe Beach Villas on the 200 side from now until mid October. Then they will start on the Spa Retreat WVs - “all 21 villas will be fully reimagined to include stylish new interiors and an overwater swimming pool”. This sounds promising!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.