Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 4:58 am

Wet HH at Vilu. This is the exotic iced tea and mocktail. Mocktail changes daily. Always some type of juice as a base.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; May 24, 2019 at 5:20 am
Old May 24, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by JRV62
The Happy hour for Diamonds and Gold at the Vilu is free drinks and some canapes during that hour, the happy hour from 5-7 at the Quiet Zone and Rangalli is 50% off for everyone-- 2 different events, has been this way for a while, no change in benefits.
Thank you for the information.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:20 am

Does anyone have a breakdown of dive costs? Id like to know all in costs if you wanted to dive per day. Such any type of boat fee or dive master etc. The wiki on the PH Maldives has a pretty good one that would be nice in this forums wiki.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Old May 24, 2019, 3:03 pm

Ok sorry for my ignorance but lets just say I want to go on a two tank dive. And assuming there are other individuals wanting to do the same thing on the same day. Could we say that the cost would be $90 x 2 = $180 + $25 for rental gear. Or would we have to add a dive master at $150 or $250 dollars. Not sure if that is even needed or if the cost is then split out among the individuals. Also Im assuming this includes the boat ride to the dive location.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:56 am

Normally there are 1-3 divers per Guide at no additional cost. You are paying your dive and your rental gear. Only if you want to guarantee to have your own personal instructor, you have to pay for it. And there are no additional boat costs for scheduled dive trips.
Compared to other resorts like the St. Regis there are no extra costs for your check-up dive, before your first dive trip.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
So I've booked a stay for 2020. 5 nights in BV with the Island Retreat package for $5330 tax inclusive. No mention of service charge. The Island Retreat package includes breakfast, dinner, transfer and 30 min spa.

Since booking a week ago, I've been checking the prices of the BV package to see if they will come down so I can rebook. Instead of coming down, it's gone up to $7660 including tax and service charge. An increase of that much within a week??? And the Island Retreat package that's bookable now does not have the 30 min spa.

So what are the chances that I have to fight for the spa inclusion? The confirmation email only mentions Island Retreat. Would the hotel have the description of the Island Retreat package at the time I made the booking? I do have a photo of the screen showing the spa inclusion though.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:15 pm

Present your photo and that will be the end of it.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:20 pm

Water Villa vs Beach Villa

For our Nov trip, we had a chance to book 5nights in either Water Villa or Beach Villa, and we went with Water Villa because wife/kids have been wanting to stay in above-water lodging.
I'm Diamond, we are 2 adults and 2 kids (both 10yo and under).
I'm trying to decide if I made the right choice.

Looking at the wiki, here are the pros and cons as we see it. Am I wrong on any of this?
PROS:
- Seems like both things that are free exclusively to Diamonds (afternoon tea & evening cocktail) occur on Rangali Island.
- Was told by staff that WV can accommodate an actual rollaway for kids, but in BV will have to settle for sofa bed.
CONS:
- Seems like there's no pool on Rangali Island that my kids will be allowed in.
- Watersports/rentals are all on the main island side.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following:
- How is the beach on Rangali Island? Beach is an important factor for us, but it doesn't have to be big/wide as long as it has nice sand and you can play in it.
- Is the quality of breakfast buffet comparable between Rangali and main island?
Old May 25, 2019, 5:27 pm

Just checking you realise the 2 islands are connected via a short (?400-500m?) bridge. Buggies are plentiful if you really don't want to walk and the dhoni ferrying people over leaves whenever you want it.

I wouldn't worry at all about where you or the pools/beaches are.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:16 pm

Yes I knew that, but I thought it was 15-20min walk each way to the main island pool depending on where your Water Villa is. Is it a much shorter walk?
Old May 25, 2019, 6:27 pm

From 303 it was a 10 min walk. And the dhonis etc. Basically, you'd over thinking it, I'd say.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:48 pm

I see, thanks.
Hows the beach on Rangali Island?
Old May 26, 2019, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by evergrn
I see, thanks.
Hows the beach on Rangali Island?
The main beach is at the Quiet Zone, but kids aren’t allowed there, so you and your family have to go to the beach on the other island.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt

The main beach is at the Quiet Zone, but kids aren’t allowed there, so you and your family have to go to the beach on the other island.
really?
I didn’t realize the beach was also adults only.
Are there any other beaches on the Quiet Island open to everyone?
when I see online pics of the Water Villas, there appears to be small beach-like areas near the villas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.