Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:38 pm

Hello All, Which fishing excursions do you recommend? Is there any excursion for honeymoons that you would recommend as well? Maybe a sunset cruise?
Old May 21, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jimwagner2
Hello All, Which fishing excursions do you recommend? Is there any excursion for honeymoons that you would recommend as well? Maybe a sunset cruise?
Sunset Fishing is fine and excellent value for money as others have mentioned. The Deserted Island Picnic is pretty good and you often don't get many people going (min 4*, max 12) so it can be really private. Sunset Cruise also nice, especially for couples.
* If you want total privacy and there are only 2 of you, you can pay the extra $200++ to replace the 2 other guests needed to reach the minimum of 4 and go all by yourselves.

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
@MaldivesFreak the tea 330 - 430 at Mandhoo and HH 430 - 530 at Vilu is permanent. The person I spoke with at the reception area said they have no plans to change it at this time, but it can change.
Excellent news!! Thanks cruisingmickey and thanks to Stefano. You guys finally realized that it went from bad to worse and the ambience was completely destroyed when it hit Rangali Bar. Whose idea was that, anyway?!
Old May 21, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
People should stop over-analyzing the points awarded at this property.

The equivalent of "don't call the airline".
Oh, come on. TBPH I do think, especially in cases like this, "don't call the airline" is overrated and overused. It's not as if Hilton is the CCP or Kim Jong-un and has an army of internet police reading FT posts trying to match user names with their HH user names and accounts, then punishing them by taking the points off them.

Originally Posted by mendezka
2 hours of fishing + dinner for $100/pp? doesn't sound like a bad evening plan at all! May I ask where you get to enjoy your meal at?
+ say you get lucky and catch a couple, are you limited to only eating 1?
At Rangali Bar only. You may eat as many as you catch.....but we shouldn't be greedy. We wouldn't want to contribute to overfishing.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
Hi all! Our scheduled sea plane tomorrow departs Conrad 2 hours and 50 minutes before our flight out of Male. From y’alls experience, is that enough time? I’m elated we get to spend more time here (it has been fabulous), just want to make sure we don’t miss our flight out.
Loads of time. Even of there was only 1hr 50min you'd be fine. Remember, Rangali is 1 hour ahead of Male so you've got an hour's buffer.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Loads of time. Even of there was only 1hr 50min you'd be fine. Remember, Rangali is 1 hour ahead of Male so you've got an hour's buffer.
that’s right! I forgot about the hour difference! Phew. Thanks a lot!
Old May 23, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Email received from the hotel

Diamond Members benefits:

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at Conrad Maldives, we are unable to offer complimentary upgraded accommodations. However, as you are a valued Diamond member, we are delighted to offer you the following benefits during your stay. Please ensure that your Diamond status is active upon arrival in order to enjoy full Diamond member benefits. Kindly note that Diamond benefits are only applicable for cardholder and one guest. In the event that cardholder is not travelling, guests who are staying with us will not be able to enjoy the benefits below.

Hilton Honors rewards stay is based on 02 people, room only.

Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day either in Atoll Market or Vilu restaurant.

One bottle of Sparkling wine upon arrival. Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival.
Daily Happy Hour at Vilu restaurant for for cardholder and one guest from 17.00 -. 18.00 hours

Honors Global Benefits:
Complimentary weekday newspaper (online print)
Late checkout upon request, subject to availability
Two complimentary bottles of water per day.

It is with great pleasure to offer a Hilton Honors member’s advance purchase discounted upgrade supplement, should you wish to enjoy your stay in one of below Villa Category.

Kindly note that all our Water Villas are sold out during your stay.

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 375 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 475 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 775 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Please let us know which room category you should want a guarantee upgrade in advance for the above supplement.
Room availability is subject to change.

Please let us know which room category you should want a guarantee upgrade in advance for the above supplement
Old May 23, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The email indicates:

"Diamond Members benefits:
Daily Happy Hour at Vilu restaurant for for cardholder and one guest from 17.00 -. 18.00 hours". (no mention of what the Happy Hour for Diamond members is about. Complimentary, 50% off, wines and cocktails?)

while the Wiki states:

"For All Guests

• Happy Hour @ Rangali Bar and The Quiet Zone: Every day from 5-7PM. Half-priced drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. The discount does not apply to wine. Everyone welcome".
Old May 23, 2019, 3:23 pm

Btw - Afternoon Tea is 330-430. HH is 430-530. I'm seeing different times in the wiki.
Originally Posted by UASPG
The email indicates:

"Diamond Members benefits:
Daily Happy Hour at Vilu restaurant for for cardholder and one guest from 17.00 -. 18.00 hours". (no mention of what the Happy Hour for Diamond members is about. Complimentary, 50% off, wines and cocktails?)

while the Wiki states:

"For All Guests

• Happy Hour @ Rangali Bar and The Quiet Zone: Every day from 5-7PM. Half-priced drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. The discount does not apply to wine. Everyone welcome".
@USAPG I'm not sure if you're looking strictly for the Diamond HH's, or the HH time for all guests. But if you are looking for Diamond afternoon tea & HH, go with Cruisingmickey's times as they were just at the resort!

Also, when did you receive this email from the resort? Mine back on Apr 14th states the following:
· Daily afternoon tea from 1530-1630 in Rangali Bar, & Hilton Honors Happy Hour from 1630-1730 at Vilu Bar

Last edited by mendezka; May 23, 2019 at 3:27 pm Reason: Additional Question
Old May 23, 2019, 3:50 pm

@USAPG I'm not sure if you're looking strictly for the Diamond HH's, or the HH time for all guests. But if you are looking for Diamond afternoon tea & HH, go with Cruisingmickey's times as they were just at the resort!

Also, when did you receive this email from the resort? Mine back on Apr 14th states the following:
· Daily afternoon tea from 1530-1630 in Rangali Bar, & Hilton Honors Happy Hour from 1630-1730 at Vilu Bar
Just got the email today.

Yes, I am only looking for benefits for my status.

As you can see, there was no mention of the afternoon tea on the email that I received.

Last edited by UASPG; May 23, 2019 at 3:56 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 4:06 pm

Just got the email today.

Yes, I am only looking for benefits for my status.

As you can see, there was no mention of the afternoon tea on the email that I received.
Interesting! Hopefully a mistake on their end and not a removal of a benefit! FWIW my travel is for Nov 27th-Dec 3rd.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:13 pm

@MaldivesFreak the tea 330 - 430 at Mandhoo and HH 430 - 530 at Vilu is permanent. The person I spoke with at the reception area said they have no plans to change it at this time, but it can change.

20% off lunch was nice.

Sunset fishing excursion - for extra $20, they can cook/prepare the fish you catch, if you catch one.

​​​​​​Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can find out anything else.
Question on the Happy Hour: the email that I just received seems to indicate that it is for Diamond members, but the Wiki shows that it is for all and it is only about a discount on the soft drinks and mocktails,
As a Diamond, I was wondering if were you offered some things that were different than the rest of the guests?

Since we are not going to pay 9 x $375++ for an upgrade to the next category available, were you able to see how the Beach villas were?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:14 pm

Interesting! Hopefully a mistake on their end and not a removal of a benefit! FWIW my travel is for Nov 27th-Dec 3rd.
We will be there mid-December.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Question on the Happy Hour: the email that I just received seems to indicate that it is for Diamond members, but the Wiki shows that it is for all and it is only about a discount on the soft drinks and mocktails,
As a Diamond, I was wondering if were you offered some things that were different than the rest of the guests?

Since we are not going to pay 9 x $375++ for an upgrade to the next category available, were you able to see how the Beach villas were?

Thanks in advance.
The Happy hour for Diamonds and Gold at the Vilu is free drinks and some canapes during that hour, the happy hour from 5-7 at the Quiet Zone and Rangalli is 50% off for everyone-- 2 different events, has been this way for a while, no change in benefits.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:57 pm

Spammer reported.....and wiki updated with latest quotes and Afternoon Tea + Happy Hour at Vilu.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:33 am

Currently at tea time at Mandhoo. Even though it's raining, the feeling is very soothing and relaxing. The music and a cup of tea helps to set the mood. I think I prefer tea time over HH at Vilu. Definitely a great place to sit and just ponder. Vilu Isn't as relaxing.

Been blessed with 6 straight days of sun. Today was the only day it rained during the day time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.