Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by elpee1979
Maybe a silly question, but can you bring an inflatable float or inner tube? Floating around the SWV seems like it would be relaxing
Yes. Just be kind to other guests and use them in your room pool or ocean.

The big swans and pink flamingos are a big hit with all the FT people.

TD
Old May 20, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

TD
I totally want to bring one of these!!! But we’ll use it in our DBV pool so out of sight of everyone
Old May 20, 2019, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rano91
Our final bill including taxes, fees, seaplane, service, food, drinks, upgrade, everything was $2.8k and we booked the room solely using points so not sure how that happened.
Hmmm.....$5946.10 looks very close to $2800 with a double points promo. Probably got the points from everything including taxes and Green Tax ($6pppn) thrown in for good measure and then the promo applied.

Maybe a silly question, but can you bring an inflatable float or inner tube? Floating around the SWV seems like it would be relaxing
Do a search for flamingo inflatable in the thread and have a good laugh.....and maybe a few second thoughts, LOL!
Old May 20, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Hmmm.....$5946.10 looks very close to $2800 with a double points promo. Probably got the points from everything including taxes and Green Tax ($6pppn) thrown in for good measure and then the promo applied.
No promo ever applies to base points.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:44 pm
jtz

Thanks for your quick answers.
Might be a weird question but as a newbie swimmer/snorkeller will those villas be ok, I'm a complete newbie but hoping to learn a few basic swimming skills before going.
Will search on the local islands. Is it possible to have a private transfer arranged from the island? I'm wondering if that might be cheaper if I do intend to stay on local island after Rangali.
Spoke to OH about food and he's up for dining out in a different restaurant each day!^
Old May 20, 2019, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

TD

I am one of those guys who has brought large flamingo / swan / unicorn / pineapples to a variety of places.

My expert tip on this matter is to bring rope (it could be like less than 10mm diameter - we use 6mm so its doesn't take too much space and also we aren't too worried if the rope breaks). You tie the rope to the floatie to a structure on your villa (I would suggest at least 75 meters of rope) so you can just float away and when you decide to come back to your villa, pull yourself in.

Also with the rope, get it in white color if you can as it blends in a bit more. Our is lime green and it is a little too visible (in photos).

Last edited by alanslegal; May 20, 2019 at 6:09 pm
Old May 20, 2019, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Do a search for flamingo inflatable in the thread and have a good laugh.....and maybe a few second thoughts, LOL!
LOL. Thanks for the tips. They make an inflatable poop emoji. Thoughts on that one? Haha. We’re not that obnoxious. Just an inner tube or raft to float by the villa. I’d probably throw them in the closet when not in use.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:29 pm
SST

There WAS a family with an inflatable poop toy in one of the Beach Villas closest to the dhoni dock when we were there last time. It was disgusting, but they were gone after three days. I’d love to think they were booted for being thoughtless in paradise, but I’m sure they simply left after their kids grew bored without electronic stimulation being forced to look at fish for entertainment.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I am one of those guys who has brought large flamingo / swan / unicorn / pineapples to a variety of places.

My expert tip on this matter is to bring rope (it could be like less than 10mm diameter - we use 6mm so its doesn't take too much space and also we aren't too worried if the rope breaks). You tie the rope to the floatie to a structure on your villa (I would suggest at least 75 meters of rope) so you can just float away and when you decide to come back to your villa, pull yourself in.

Also with the rope, get it in white color if you can as it blends in a bit more. Our is lime green and it is a little too visible (in photos).
Thank you so much for suggestion. My wife cannot swim but wants to enjoy the water. Great idea!
Old May 21, 2019, 8:56 am

This This
won't get you into too many bad books.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by goliath
No promo ever applies to base points.
You mean no promo can ever be base points.
What I meant was there could have been some glitch in the system and his base + promo points somehow got combined. Or maybe they (the resort) made a mistake and informed HH USA and they manually adjusted the total(s) and they got combined. I've had adjustments like that and they've shown up as all in one, not separated like you'd normally see.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Hi all! Our scheduled sea plane tomorrow departs Conrad 2 hours and 50 minutes before our flight out of Male. From y’alls experience, is that enough time? I’m elated we get to spend more time here (it has been fabulous), just want to make sure we don’t miss our flight out.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:16 pm

@MaldivesFreak the tea 330 - 430 at Mandhoo and HH 430 - 530 at Vilu is permanent. The person I spoke with at the reception area said they have no plans to change it at this time, but it can change.

20% off lunch was nice.

Sunset fishing excursion - for extra $20, they can cook/prepare the fish you catch, if you catch one.

​​​​​​Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can find out anything else.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
@MaldivesFreak the tea 330 - 430 at Mandhoo and HH 430 - 530 at Vilu is permanent. The person I spoke with at the reception area said they have no plans to change it at this time, but it can change.

20% off lunch was nice.

Sunset fishing excursion - for extra $20, they can cook/prepare the fish you catch, if you catch one

​​​​​​Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can find out anything else.
2 hours of fishing + dinner for $100/pp? doesn't sound like a bad evening plan at all! May I ask where you get to enjoy your meal at?
+ say you get lucky and catch a couple, are you limited to only eating 1?

Last edited by mendezka; May 21, 2019 at 12:43 pm Reason: additional question
Old May 21, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
People should stop over-analyzing the points awarded at this property.

The equivalent of "don't call the airline".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.