Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by kyleh
Have there been any updates/rumors around the CMRI leaving Hilton? I'm looking to book an award stay for early 2020 and wondering if I should also book the Park Hyatt or another resort as a backup plan. Would hate to get close to the date and then lose my reservation.
Relax. Judging by what has been written previously (search a couple months back for the conversation), there's very little chance it will not be part of the Hilton portfolio when you get there. And based on who the new owners are, it's nigh on impossible that they'd relinquish ownership to another group

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
You and your 30 day stay MF!!!!!! I’m not jealous AT ALL!!! (Yeah right, I’m so jealous!) Our 2 week stay seems so short in comparison
I'm already suffering severe withdrawl symptoms from such a long absence from the Maldives I really do need a whole month there. That and the pins and needles.....

Well I’ll be getting ahead of you with the Vilu chocolate fondant - they’ll be getting plenty of requests for the fondant while we are there so they won’t be forgetting how to make it any time soon!
Then I must say thank you in advance! Realistically, how many do you think you'll get through in 2 weeks? I could easily eat 2 or 3 a night but I'll have to control myself a little!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Relax. Judging by what has been written previously (search a couple months back for the conversation), there's very little chance it will not be part of the Hilton portfolio when you get there. And based on who the new owners are, it's nigh on impossible that they'd relinquish ownership to another group

I'm already suffering severe withdrawl symptoms from such a long absence from the Maldives I really do need a whole month there. That and the pins and needles.....

Then I must say thank you in advance! Realistically, how many do you think you'll get through in 2 weeks? I could easily eat 2 or 3 a night but I'll have to control myself a little!
Ha!! If you think you have withdrawal symptoms, can you imagine mine?!! We were last there in 2013!! I could do with 6 months there

2 or 3 a night??! Well I defo couldn’t manage that The seaplane wouldn’t take off after that many Vilu choc fondants
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Not exactly. Technically speaking, because the resort provides a free lounge service which includes F&B on arrival, they should provide it at the resort if guests are unable to attend the lounge for reasons beyond their control (TMA schedule). Continental breakast at least (or equivalent), not full. But since it would be pretty stingy to let guests into Atoll Market and tell them they're allowed continental only, they give you the whole shabang.
Good to be corrected and know this for my future stay .... we will definitely ask for the very first available flight into the Conrad now.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:21 pm

We stayed 7 days in SWV 339 departing this past Sunday. While it is true the coral is 95% dead outside the Villa the snorkeling in the late afternoon was fantastic in the area. Over the week we probably did 4-5 late afternoon (6pm or so) snorkels and saw rays on all pit one occasion as well as multiple sharks and plenty of interesting fish. Not as colorful as on the house reef but many were huge in size and were not seen by my family on our daily snorkel on the house reef.

Quick tip, if it is super hot while you stay turn off the heat to the jacuzzi. After 24 hours or so the water temperature is nice and cool (relatively) and makes for a great spot to relax and watch sunset!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Recipe Choclate Fondant

@pineapple: Here is the recipe of the Vilu chocolate fondant. I took a foto of the Conrad magazine a few years ago. You can try it at home to increase anticipation.
You can also freeze the dough in little glases or baking rings and put in the oven whenever you like.
But it is difficult to find the right timing if it was frozen before.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by mb123
@pineapple: Here is the recipe of the Vilu chocolate fondant. I took a foto of the Conrad magazine a few years ago. You can try it at home to increase anticipation.
You can also freeze the dough in little glases or baking rings and put in the oven whenever you like.
But it is difficult to find the right timing if it was frozen before.
Thanks so much!!! Where did you get this??!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
It was from the conrad magazine
https://conradmagazine.com/
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Can someone suggest a hotel near the airport (maybe with a comp shuttle to/from the airport)? My flight arrives in at 10pm *ouch.
We stayed at Rivethi Beach Hotel for $140 USD all in. Free shuttle from airport and back. Would recommend despite the room being small (also included free breakfast). It is not in Male (but Hulhumale) although it is on the same island chain as the airport, but it is waterfront and Hulhumale has some ok restaurants on the main road.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Can someone suggest a hotel near the airport (maybe with a comp shuttle to/from the airport)? My flight arrives in at 10pm *ouch*

Hoping to explore Male (yes I have been saying that for a while now) first thing the next morning for a few hours before taking a seaplane / yacht to whatever resort.

Hoping to pay less than $150 for the night.
There's a few listed in the wiki. Personally stayed at H78 ( Hulhumale ), about $100 US, small room, free shuttle.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by countingmiles
There's a few listed in the wiki. Personally stayed at H78 ( Hulhumale ), about $100 US, small room, free shuttle.
$100!?! Man my only layover in MLE was an involuntary one, !#% Malaysian Air arrived 5 hours late no transport available. Booked only random hotel we could find at 1 a.m. and spent about $500. No trip insurance/CC benefits. That was a bummer.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:57 am

Looks like you got taken to the Jen.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Looks like you got taken to the Jen.
Even our one night at the Jen was only $300 with a 24-hour check-in/checkout time, breakfast included, and arrival meal included. Cheaper options, ~$200 all in, were possible at booking, but we paid for the peace of mind not knowing when our seaplane transfer would be the next day.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:26 am

Anybody there at the moment? Looks like they have had some great Easter events - egg painting in Ithaa, then a carnival today, etc. Thinking about our trip for next year already
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:27 pm

Anybody there at the moment? Looks like they have had some great Easter events - egg painting in Ithaa, then a carnival today, etc. Thinking about our trip for next year already
just left today, lots of Easter themery going on. They also moved the Champagne and Lobster dinner to Sunday for special Easter dinner. This week was super busy.. definitely at capacity. Our host hasnt had a day off in almost a month LOL. Our seaplane was delayed about 1.5 hours on departure, Franz (Food and Bev director) let us have whatever we wanted from Rangali Bar. Of course we chose the Lobster and Sushi platter, kudos to them for doing that. Great service throughout the week.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:10 pm

We arrived Friday, here for 6 nights. Lots of Easter stuff yesterday for the kids. Lobster and Champagne dinner was well worth it, very glad we went.

Had 3 whale sharks on the tour yesterday; 2 brief encounters with a rapid dive and 1 long swim, maybe 20 or so min following it at a very shallow depth. There were not as many boats as people have mentioned. Still a lot around, but as the shark swam most people couldn't keep up.

I think Easter has a very different clientele to other times. Lots of Euros and a few Aussies, almost no Asian- SE Asia, China, South Asia etc. LOTS of kids too. Enough that while it's at 100% occupancy, they can't get enough people for wine cellar, local village tour etc (people prefer the ala carte and the kids club activities I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.