Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by mendezka
Originally I was planning on using a free night cert at the Conrad Hong Kong. But, I think I'll take your word for it with 5 nights being too quick at Rangali & use free night cert for a 6th night at Rangali. Definitely worth more on value for point stand point anyway.
^^^
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by rslb75
If our flight is out of Male at 1015am in November, would we be able to take a morning sea plane from the Conrad to Male for our flight or do we need to go to Male the evening before? It doesn’t look like there are any nice places to stay in Male or the Airport Island, but we don’t want to miss our flight and be out of pocket either.

Thanks!
Sorry for the double post, but I read that the sun rises just before 6am. I assume a sea plane could go out by 7a and we would arrive to Male nearly 3 hours before our flight? Does anyone have stats on how often flights from Conrad to Male Airport are cancelled or delayed? I feel like we might have enough time to squeeze an extra night out, but I do wish our flight out was later in the day so we didn’t feel like it is a coin toss.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:03 pm

Hi there @rslb75
The answer is in the wiki which is at the top of the thread
Transfers To and From Resort

Time Info (from the resort):
• Guests departing Malé on an international flight before 09.00 will be transferred from the resort to Malé the previous afternoon and will require overnight accommodation in Malé.
As for the sunrise, that's Male time you're quoting, The resort is 1 hour ahead of Male time and actually sunrise is after, not before 6AM, which is after 7AM resort time. Exact info is linked in the weather section of the wiki.

For info on how many flights are delayed you'd have to ask TMA or the resort but I'm sure TMA would ignore a request like that and the resort wouldn't answer directly and would say something like "not often, but it's dependent on the weather".

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Mar 26, 2019 at 10:14 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:49 pm

Did the Whale Shark Talk & Tour and saw 2 whale sharks. Well worth the money ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:23 am

Today a huge and very luxurious yacht parking next to staff island.

sorry for the poor quality but we where driving on the golf cart.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by bivinco
Today a huge and very luxurious yacht parking next to staff island.

sorry for the poor quality but we where driving on the golf cart.
nice! A yacht I’m ok with but a cruise ship? Hell no!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
nice! A yacht I’m ok with but a cruise ship? Hell no!
It might be a bit 'low rent' for those boat guests to be landing on the Conrad unless they are staying at The Muraka
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:41 am

Has anyone heard information with regard to any upcoming renovation/construction at CR?? in particular, the over-water smaller island
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:31 am

Not another horde, thank god. At least from first impressions.
And kudos to you, @bivinco. Perfectly level shot while whipping along at 30kmh! You must be a real pro!

Not heard anything about what they are going to do with Rangali.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:08 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not another horde, thank god. At least from first impressions.
And kudos to you, @bivinco. Perfectly level shot while whipping along at 30kmh! You must be a real pro!

Not heard anything about what they are going to do with Rangali.
Do you have any contacts there at the moment that you could ask? Pleeease!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:08 am

I do. Give me a couple days.....
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Originally Posted by llfoster
Has anyone heard information with regard to any upcoming renovation/construction at CR?? in particular, the over-water smaller island
I have heard rumors but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. I am staying in May and reached out to the hotel specifically asking about any construction activities to the OWV's. The response I received was that there are no specific dates that have been discussed and there will be no construction to the OWV's in the May timeframe.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:13 pm

I wonder if they will do renovations, not replacements of whole villas which the word construction implies, but didn't say that specifically. Or am I just thinking too much?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I wonder if they will do renovations, not replacements of whole villas which the word construction implies, but didn't say that specifically. Or am I just thinking too much?
Your probably overthinking it My guess it is just a language difference. When I am there in May I will try to get some more information!!!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
I have heard rumors but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. I am staying in May and reached out to the hotel specifically asking about any construction activities to the OWV's. The response I received was that there are no specific dates that have been discussed and there will be no construction to the OWV's in the May timeframe.
Thanks very much....I am concerned about mid July.... let me know if you hear anything. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.