Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by texmanufan
I do believe upon opening the door to the suite the toilet is indeed immediately visible if someone were to enter
Indeed it is.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Indeed it is.
The suite probably should have been designed with the toilet blocked from view by some of the other features of the suite. There is only one door though as most any massage room has and so timing of the opening of that door would always be important as it would be with any other massage room.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Delhi Business Class Lounge

I thought I would ask on this forum, I am flying from the U.S. Business Class (United Airlines on United through Delhi and then on to Mele via Air India. I have a long layover and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the lounge access. I understand there is one that doesn't require you to leave customs in terminal 3 and one does. Has anyone ever visited both and have any recommendations. I will have an India visa so leaving won't be a problem. 6 hour layover
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:01 am

If I were at the resort for multiple weeks as a returning Diamond, would I get invited to the managers reception at the beginning of the stay or the end?

Last edited by lhrhappy; Mar 19, 2019 at 3:04 am Reason: A word
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
We were invited for the first two receptions, but not for a third time on a 18-night stay in October last year.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by goliath
We were invited for the first two receptions, but not for a third time on a 18-night stay in October last year.
Which day of the week was it?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
If I were at the resort for multiple weeks as a returning Diamond, would I get invited to the managers reception at the beginning of the stay or the end?
We did a 12-night stay and were invited both Wednesdays that we were there. Not sure if the reception day moves around at all. The refills were often, generous, and even went past the 'cut off time' a little.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
Delhi Business Class Lounge

I thought I would ask on this forum, I am flying from the U.S. Business Class (United Airlines on United through Delhi and then on to Mele via Air India. I have a long layover and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the lounge access. I understand there is one that doesn't require you to leave customs in terminal 3 and one does. Has anyone ever visited both and have any recommendations. I will have an India visa so leaving won't be a problem. 6 hour layover
Air India has a lounge in the sterile international area. It is nothing to write home about, but has snacks, drinks and showers. We spent a few hours there on our last trip to the Conrad, and it was much better than killing time in the main terminal. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and insisted on us not leaving the lounge until boarding began on our connecting flight. I would rate it much higher than the Air India business class in flight experience.
I can't speak to any of the post-customs lounge options outside the sterile area.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:22 am

planning our first trip in september to maldives. thinking of booking water villa. i am a diamond member and loads of points so planning to book on points. few questions
1. What rooms are the best to request (is it one of 330, 328, 324, or 319)? who do I request?
2. Is the weather bad in september? Due to work schedule this is best month for a vacation for us.
3. Any other tips for first timers?

Last edited by jkm99; Mar 21, 2019 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:47 pm

The answers to your first two questions are in the wiki. It's at the top of the thread.
As for your third question, there is a lot of advice that can be gotten here on the thread. You might want to read through a couple hundred pages. It might sound a lot but it's worth doing. After reading a few hundred pages, you will have a much better idea of the resort and its facilities etc, and if you still have questions then please post specific questions here and we'll do our best to answer them.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Mar 21, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:45 pm

Completely frivolous and odd question, but anyone know/can tell me currently what sort of potato food they have at breakfast?

Any wedges, hash browns, potato cakes etc?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Completely frivolous and odd question, but anyone know/can tell me currently what sort of potato food they have at breakfast?

Thanks!
Vilu has a traditional fried potato wedge. Nothing special and salty.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:27 pm

Transfer to Conrad

Anyone used transferotel to transfer to Conrad Maldives?
It is almost half the cost!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt

Thanks!
There are hash browns that visually resemble the shape and size of hash browns they serve at McDonalds here in the states. The taste though is nothing like it. I love these and very much look forward to them. Maybe it is that that they are cooked perfectly or that the variety of potatoes are better than I am used to. They are served near the omelette station which is a bit annoying because the line there can block access to them.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:35 pm

Atoll Market has hash browns.

Originally Posted by travelsaf
Anyone used transferotel to transfer to Conrad Maldives?
It is almost half the cost!
Haha, yes.....we all are waiting to hear from someone who has actually done it (and post pics to prove it). I suppose it will be accomplished one day. There are a couple of self-proclaimed 'experts' on this (@mb123 for one) although they haven't done it themselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.