Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Just wondering re points redemption stays ... (thinking ahead here!) - why would one book a beach villa on points for 95k rather than a water villa for 95k if they plan on upgrading to a different villa type? It seems that upgrade costs are much cheaper if you book a WV to start with (from the wiki). Or am I missing something?
Don't call the airline.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Don't call the airline.
I don’t get it Do I need to be PMd?!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Just wondering re points redemption stays ... (thinking ahead here!) - why would one book a beach villa on points for 95k rather than a water villa for 95k if they plan on upgrading to a different villa type? It seems that upgrade costs are much cheaper if you book a WV to start with (from the wiki). Or am I missing something?
‘Nope. You are spot on.

TD
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Points wise it is 360,000 / 5 nights, so 760,000 for your 10 nights.

There is a current purchase promotion, ends in about 48 hours from this post, where you can buy 160,000 for $800. Don't know how close you are? or if you have a partner / family that can buy additional points - and then transfer it to yourself.
hey thanks for this, I never thought of buying points! I have 140k points plus a bunch on Amex which I can convert to Hilton. This could work out rather well.

how would I buy 2 lots of points though? Do I need my fiancé to create a Hilton account and then buy some points? Sorry I’ve not done this before. Right now I just have an individual account on Hilton and she doesn’t have a Hilton account. If we need additional people I can create accounts for our parents, siblings etc. Many thanks in advance and I appreciate the help.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Donhugo

hey thanks for this, I never thought of buying points! I have 140k points plus a bunch on Amex which I can convert to Hilton. This could work out rather well.

how would I buy 2 lots of points though? Do I need my fiancé to create a Hilton account and then buy some points? Sorry I’ve not done this before. Right now I just have an individual account on Hilton and she doesn’t have a Hilton account. If we need additional people I can create accounts for our parents, siblings etc. Many thanks in advance and I appreciate the help.
A new account won’t work. They will not let you buy points on an account that has been opened few than 30 days. And an account 30-89 days needs activity to purchase points. An account 90 days and over has no limitations.

I presume you have friends, family, co-workers that could assist.

TD
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:00 am

This review is bad (2 out of 5) but isn't about the HMS Horde invasion. It looks like it's not for Rangali. Check out the content
Food quality was sub par at best and blatant robbery given the price. The staff for in room dining hardly spoke any English. The pool had ZERO staff and was dirty. Booking dining/spa/activity reservations ahead of stay via email was a nightmare as I had to deal with multiple departments and people and repeat my requests over and over to get anything booked! Go stay at the 4 seasons....much better quality for your money. This place was a rip off.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Feb 24, 2019 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

A new account won’t work. They will not let you buy points on an account that has been opened few than 30 days. And an account 30-89 days needs activity to purchase points. An account 90 days and over has no limitations.

I presume you have friends, family, co-workers that could assist.

TD
ok makes sense, have asked around and should be able to get the points together. Only trouble is that they only have the Beach Villa available for 95k points, everything else is a premium redemption (c400k points a night!). Guess I could risk it, take the beach Villa and hope to get an upgrade to Water Villa when we are out there unless anyone has other suggestions?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:05 pm

ok makes sense, have asked around and should be able to get the points together. Only trouble is that they only have the Beach Villa available for 95k points, everything else is a premium redemption (c400k points a night!). Guess I could risk it, take the beach Villa and hope to get an upgrade to Water Villa when we are out there unless anyone has other suggestions?
You could book the BV and then email for upgrade costs if you want to secure your room type before arrival.

If you are not looking to pay for upgrades, but just want the 95K WV then book the BV now and keep watching for a WV to open up. With any luck it will come available. I just released 9 days in July. Going to give the WA a look.
TD
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

You could book the BV and then email for upgrade costs if you want to secure your room type before arrival.

If you are not looking to pay for upgrades, but just want the 95K WV then book the BV now and keep watching for a WV to open up. With any luck it will come available. I just released 9 days in July. Going to give the WA a look.
TD
5 weeks before departure how realistic is that? I can see there are WV available at 95k on a few days of our 10 planned nights. I imagine nearer the time they will give away unsold rooms?

the other question I have: can I book the points stay for 10 nights whilst I obtain the points? I need to purchase the points via a few people and then need them to transfer to me so this will all take a few days, hopefully Hilton can hold the booking till then?

all help appreciated
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

5 weeks before departure how realistic is that? I can see there are WV available at 95k on a few days of our 10 planned nights. I imagine nearer the time they will give away unsold rooms?

the other question I have: can I book the points stay for 10 nights whilst I obtain the points? I need to purchase the points via a few people and then need them to transfer to me so this will all take a few days, hopefully Hilton can hold the booking till then?

all help appreciated
Unfortumately, Hilton does NOT have points advance like Marriott. Therefore, no booking until you have the points. One move I have done before is book a Cash + Points stay for one of the nights to hold the standard reward and then switch to an all points stay once points arrive. This has only been to augment a full booking, like last night of stay.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:22 pm

all help appreciated
The issue is trying to get your free nights. Without that I would book single reservations for all 10 nights. Then as the nights you had to book as BV come open you fill them in. Once you, hopefully, had all 10 covered in OW rooms you could email/call and have them combined. Getting your two free nights, and 190K points back.

But it if you don’t have access to the points now that is another challenge. I would begin by booking as many of the OW nights as you can with the points you have available. With any luck there are 5 nights together in OW.

Is that clear as mud?

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Feb 24, 2019 at 6:46 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Does anyone know what the line description is on a CC statement when you buy points from Hilton?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
We are finally here.
Allocated 223 which is a renovated DBV, it has a long pool, just right for our boy. The villa is fantastic.
Our little man is shattered but he was no trouble at all on the ten hour flight and he’s currently having a little nap.👍🏻
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
We are finally here.
Allocated 223 which is a renovated DBV, it has a long pool, just right for our boy. The villa is fantastic.
Our little man is shattered but he was no trouble at all on the ten hour flight and he’s currently having a little nap.👍🏻
Oh fabulous!!!! Delighted to hear you got one of the renovated ones. How long are you guys there for?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wozza2404
does anyone know what the line description is on a cc statement when you buy points from hilton?
pointshhonorsrewards 800-548-8690

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.