Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by shosana
my question is even at the specific area for drone flying to take some aerial photos at 50m or above would that also be a nuisance to other guests?
Yes. A drone is a high-rent selfie stick. Don't be that guy.

Also, the 200 side is better for snorkeling.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
That's perfect, cheers!

Are the Gold/Diamond perks still the same as mentioned in that blog and are they for everyone staying in the room?

Complimentary Daily Breakfast (7am-11am)
Complimentary Daily Afternoon Tea (4pm-5pm)
Complimentary Daily Happy Hour (5pm-6pm)
Breakfast ends at 10:30AM now
Comp Happy Hour is from 4:30-5:30 now, so overlapping the adjacent afternoon tea.

We were told last week that there are only two people per room eligible for Diamond benefits. We had two people each in two different rooms and were told not eligible for both tooms. We pushed back that my wife and I share a grandfathered mutual Honors account and thus both Diamonds. They relented and gave us benefits for both rooms after confirming with “resort owners”.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:06 am

delete

Last edited by dcht; Feb 21, 2019 at 9:15 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
This was our set dinner, back in late 2017

You pay the same price as you would at Osteria Francescana, the Best Restaurant in the World, but with food nowhere near as exciting, imaginative and dreamy.

You do however get that underwater experience, the food presentation is still gorgeous, and food quality is still solid for any resort restaurant.

The Menu:-

Caviar:-

Foie Gras and Truffle Dumpling:-

Crab & Prawn Tartare

Reef Lobster Stuffed Pasta:-

Green Apple and Ginger Sorbet:-

Sous Vide Wagyu Beef Tenderloin:-

Chocolate and Kaffir Lime Panna Cotta
Where's the main course at.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Ha ya...lots of appetizer sized finger food....
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:58 pm

I see, yes this will be our first time and not sure when will be able to go back. Is there a reason why you do BV 2 nights and then OWV 3 nights instead of vice versa?
Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a joke.....probably because we're not fish! From personal experience, the experience of friends and what I've read online, most folks prefer to start on land then move on to the more special / exotic experience of over water accommodation. I think if we were fish it'd be the reverse and we'd probably start in the sea and want to walk on land, so to speak. As for the number of nights in each, you could always do 3 & 2 but, because water is regarded as more special than land, more nights in an OWV seems more appropriate.
From memory there have only been 2 people in this thread in the last 5 years or so that think it's better to do OWV first. Each to his own I suppose.

Also, I know you guys do not like someone to bring drones. As it can invade privacy as well as the annoying sound that the drone produce.
Here's a suggestion. Ask for pics from management or download them from the Conrad's websites. They are from drones and are very professional, probably better than most amateurs could take. Take a look anyways. If you like them (I have quite a few as rotating wallpapers on my PC) it will save you the hassle of bringing it, luggage space and save guests worrying whether it's going to be flying over their villa when they first see and hear it. Keep in mind most of the guests there will not know the exact policy - they will just worry about their privacy being invaded. That's something worth considering.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Most of this menu has changed. Possibly an indication the chef has too?
Yes, Marco Amarone (the replacement for Ayyoub Salameh) left after less than a year and the new Executive Chef is Shannon Batten who I believe started in August 2017 and is still there. The items on Ithaa's new menu should be his.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Here's a suggestion. Ask for pics from management or download them from the Conrad's websites. They are from drones and are very professional, probably better than most amateurs could take. Take a look anyways. If you like them (I have quite a few as rotating wallpapers on my PC) it will save you the hassle of bringing it, luggage space and save guests worrying whether it's going to be flying over their villa when they first see and hear it. Keep in mind most of the guests there will not know the exact policy - they will just worry about their privacy being invaded. That's something worth considering.
This.

Don't bring a drone to this place. Please. The minute people hear it, they're going to be pissed. You're absolutely correct that people are going to assume there's a camera on it and that the camera is in use.

Don't be That Guy.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
This.

Don't bring a drone to this place. Please. The minute people hear it, they're going to be pissed. You're absolutely correct that people are going to assume there's a camera on it and that the camera is in use.

Don't be That Guy.
I have no issue with people bringing their drones as long as they have no issue with me bringing my skeet equipment.

TD
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I have no issue with people bringing their drones as long as they have no issue with me bringing my skeet equipment.

TD
Traveler Dave, I like your style.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:54 pm

"PULL!!"......as he launches coral for the targets.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Majaa Kids Club

Please update wiki
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
So my question is that even at the specific area for drone flying to take some aerial photos at 50m or above would that also be a nuisance to other guests? Obviously I am trying not to be that guy but if I can get a couple of aerial shots, I would love to do so...
Lots of anti-drone people around and that's cool. However I say, if the resort allows it, you are willing to comply with their rules, and that you want to carry your drone half way around the world for 5 minutes of flying - then go for it.

Personally, if I was concerned about my privacy (which I am not), a decent SLR camera with a long lens is more scarier than what any drone would do.

As for noise - when you get to the Conrad, those sea planes will annoy you ... again more than what any drone would do.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:54 am

Hi,

I am a Hilton gold member and looking to book 5 nights for 2 adults and 2 children (6 and 4), for the first time!

Can anyone confirm to me if we would all qualify for free buffet breakfast or will it be chargeable for everyone except myself?

Also, would my children qualify for free kids meals on the resort?

Many TIA.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Lots of anti-drone people around and that's cool. However I say, if the resort allows it, you are willing to comply with their rules, and that you want to carry your drone half way around the world for 5 minutes of flying - then go for it.

Personally, if I was concerned about my privacy (which I am not), a decent SLR camera with a long lens is more scarier than what any drone would do.

As for noise - when you get to the Conrad, those sea planes will annoy you ... again more than what any drone would do.
I see thank you all for the feedback.I will be in couple places in Indonesia and I will be bringing in my drone to Maldives regardless I am flying it or not. I think I have decided that I won't be flying my drone in Maldives and just take a regular pictures and use the drone in Indonesia as not to be that one guy who ruin it for everyone in Maldives.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a joke.....probably because we're not fish! From personal experience, the experience of friends and what I've read online, most folks prefer to start on land then move on to the more special / exotic experience of over water accommodation. I think if we were fish it'd be the reverse and we'd probably start in the sea and want to walk on land, so to speak. As for the number of nights in each, you could always do 3 & 2 but, because water is regarded as more special than land, more nights in an OWV seems more appropriate.
From memory there have only been 2 people in this thread in the last 5 years or so that think it's better to do OWV first. Each to his own I suppose.

Gotcha thanks the recommendation. I will go ahead and do 2n BV and 3n at OWV. In terms of the villa numbering I would assume 200s BV and 315-330 OWV sunset site is ok for snorkeling?

Last edited by shosana; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.