Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Yeah I’m wondering now if it is just a photoshopped pic. It just popped up when I searched under the #conradmaldives hashtag.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

No FTers have first hand photos of this ship??????
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Weird. I want to believe that photo is real but it looks heavily 'shopped.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:55 pm

Well, everybody's asleep right now.

Thanks for the link, @ guy_listening but I'm just getting a grey and white placeholder which is a head with half a head of hair and two eyes. Probably blocking my IP by country. May try TOR instead.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Feb 14, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:16 pm

Pics of the Invasion of Rangali from HMS Horde

OK folks, here we are. This is from Mr. X at the resort.

Flyer Talk and Trip Advisor were blocked for more than two hours this evening on hotel wifi.

Photos of the ship, a handful of passengers, only one of the lifeboats they used to courier passengers up to 94 at a time (it made 10+ trips back and forth to the ship once we started counting) and other imagery.

The photo of the ship from the Quiet Zone pool gives excellent context for its position and scale.

To w wet one reading, it’s about the size of it, the lack of notice from hotel management, the inexcusable behavior of many of the cruise liner visitors and the complete interruption of everything this resort espouses itself to be.

People have travelled from all over the world at great expense, financial and otherwise, to be here as guests. Forget points, how about airfare, food. drinks, treatments and excursions, babysitters, dog sitters, etc.

This isn’t about getting compensated, it’s about basic decency getting what you sign up for. It’s also about honoring guests that have spent months of their time over several holidays at the Conrad being subordinated to a grotesque corporate money grab.

And remember that it was Valentine’s Day.

Some very bad stories will come out over the next few weeks.

This is a view of the ship. It’s a cruise liner. It doesn’t matter how many rooms it has. The cruise visitor in white in the water is wearing underwear. White underwear. In the water.

Visible from anywhere on the islands with a sight line.

Scores of guests leaving late in the day after monopolizing resources. This is just one lifeboat of people. One.

The beautiful view from the Quiet Zone Pool. It isn’t a cruise liner you (on OMAAT) say?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:22 pm

Hello,

What are the latest cost cutting scheme at this property for gold /diamond elites ?
I'm also curious about food quality at this resort.
I was planning to spend at WA but due to the transfer yacht fee, might reroute to this property.

many thanks
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Luckily, the wifi is working again. Here is yesterday's view from Vilu:

View from Vilu
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:38 pm

The wiki lists both the benefits and the recent changes. Food quality is great. A lot of people are either cancelling or thinking about cancelling their stay at the Waldorf. $1823 for a 1hr, 50km boat ride is ridiculous.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:40 pm

Yikes ... those photos ....feel very sorry for the guests at CR contending with all the unexpected ship passengers. Not OK by any stretch of the imagination
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:13 pm

And here's the tracker to track the ship: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-311213000
Not exactly up-to-date but better than nothing. Already bookmarked.....
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:14 pm

Omg! Those photos!!!

I’m speechless.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
And here's the tracker to track the ship: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-311213000
Not exactly up-to-date but better than nothing. Already bookmarked.....
wherever that ship goes, we will not go!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:37 pm

Wherever that ship goes, the Somali pirates should go.....
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by shakim
chances are it'll be gone in a week right? cause thats when i'm there. i cant imagine a cruise ship staying more than a week in one place
Don't worry, apparently they'll be gone on day 2.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
I asked one staff member who said they have cruise ships come from time to time, but that this one comes once a year.
OK, so there's more than one. Great news.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Oh yeah, baby! See those 1s roll in!
1 so far. Imagine if every guest gave them a 1.....that would hurt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.