Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:53 am

Hotel 78 added to wiki's list of overnight hotels.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: delta, american, Hilton Diamond
Mrs. Stormbandit and I are heading there tomorrow. Does anyone have any questions they want answered while we are there? I'll do my best.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stormbandit
Mrs. Stormbandit and I are heading there tomorrow. Does anyone have any questions they want answered while we are there? I'll do my best.
Would be interested to know of any updates on upcoming Rangali Island water villa renovations
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:14 am

Since there has been a bit of interest recently in the new DBVs' redecoration, I've gone through some TA reviews and gotten 3 pics of the newly redone villas, specifically the area where they used to, and still have in some villas, the covered outdoor bath;

The bath kept

Daybed

Covered Daybed

This last one seems rather silly as you already have the pavillion roof.....

I prefer the bath still there, while my second choice is the double daybed (maybe with a different pillow.....or two). What do you guys think?

And if anyone has any pics of other setups please do post them.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Since there has been a bit of interest recently in the new DBVs' redecoration, I've gone through some TA reviews and gotten 3 pics of the newly redone villas, specifically the area where they used to, and still have in some villas, the covered outdoor bath;

The bath kept

Daybed

Covered Daybed

This last one seems rather silly as you already have the pavillion roof.....

I prefer the bath still there, while my second choice is the double daybed (maybe with a different pillow.....or two). What do you guys think?

And if anyone has any pics of other setups please do post them.
Definitely prefer the bath kept, hoping for that as part of our stay this summer. Anyone have a sense of how many of each of these different designs they have planned?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:09 pm

Perhaps @stormbandit could ask both how many different setups and how evenly they are going to be distributed. TIA and enjoy your holiday in paradise! ^
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:05 pm

Now?

Have WV reservation on points for second week in April, 5 nights. Should I be contacting resort now about upgrade pricing? I am a Diamond.

​​​​​Second, we are thinking of dropping to 4 nights to allow an extra night in Sri Lanka. Thought is that 4 nights is enough to get a feel for the vibe of Maldives? Subjective, but is that enough?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Have WV reservation on points for second week in April, 5 nights. Should I be contacting resort now about upgrade pricing? I am a Diamond.

​​​​​Second, we are thinking of dropping to 4 nights to allow an extra night in Sri Lanka. Thought is that 4 nights is enough to get a feel for the vibe of Maldives? Subjective, but is that enough?
No way would I drop a night at Rangali in exchange for an extra night in Sri Lanka.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:48 pm

Snorkeling Equipment

Regarding snorkeling, does the Conrad provide snorkeling equipment for both adults and children? Is it included or is it an extra cost? How is the quality of the equipment? We have our own mask and fins but really prefer not to use up our luggage space & weight on them. What has everyone else done? Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mdg197777
Regarding snorkeling, does the Conrad provide snorkeling equipment for both adults and children? Is it included or is it an extra cost? How is the quality of the equipment? We have our own mask and fins but really prefer not to use up our luggage space & weight on them. What has everyone else done? Thanks!
Fins I never worry about, wherever we go. But I never leave home without my mask and snorkel. This trip costs way too much to rely on a resort mask to fit correctly. Not many things more annoying than a leaky mask.

Our last few trips we switched to the full face mask. This is great for adults, but really great for our 9 year old. No messing with the snorkel. Pretty light. Little bigger than a mask/snorkel set, but really worth it.

TD

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=full+face+snorkel+mask&crid=378K6DF955BA4&sprefix=Full+face+%2Caps%2C202&ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10 https://www.amazon.com/s?k=full+face+snorkel+mask&crid=378K6DF955BA4&sprefix=Full+face+%2Caps%2C202&ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I prefer the bath version. I’ll have to add that into my villa preference request!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:08 pm

Ok, so I will keep the 5 nights. I knew as much!

1. Is now the time to contact hotel regarding paid upgrades?

2. If my departing flight from MLE is in the morning, at 925, would the seaplane transfer leave that morning early? It is just past the 0900 cut off on the wiki

Thank you.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

Has anyone taken a cooking class at the Conrad? Any thoughts on the experience? Is there an age restriction?

Thanks
TD
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
I think I would prefer the bath kept, though we did only use it once last time as it took so long to fill up we couldn't be bothered doing it again. In contrast we did use the Conrad Koh Samui bath a few times on each of our stays there, which was almost as big but took significantly less time to fill.

The smaller volume of the new baths mitigates this but at the same time the huge bath was a fun and unique experience. I can't see us using a day bed that much if at all.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Ok, so I will keep the 5 nights. I knew as much!

1. Is now the time to contact hotel regarding paid upgrades?

2. If my departing flight from MLE is in the morning, at 925, would the seaplane transfer leave that morning early? It is just past the 0900 cut off on the wiki

Thank you.
Yes you can contact them now, I already have my upgrades for the same period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.