Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:19 am

Seems they are no longer comping the tax as they used to. Prolly will save them about 10-12,000/mth.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
The flooring was modern enough but definitely had scratches and dents and stuff, but just a minor issue overall compared to the entertainment/electronic stuff
The outdoor deck and bathroom was in good condition tho and the outdoor jacuzzi was very enjoyable. The walk in closet (room) was also entirely serviceable and in good shape.
Based on that I think that we can safely assume that the flooring was re-polished (in Jan 2017) and the damage has been done since.

Originally Posted by alf55555
Quick question: Read the entire forum and hadn't found the answer to this one: Is the water from the tap in the rooms potable? While the staff will bring extra water if requested, can we just drink the water from the faucet?
It is in fact potable but a lot of (read most) folks don't drink it.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by texmanufan
I have communicated via email a high spend history in past visits and a commitment for an upcoming visit while asking for.free upgrades. Strategy hasn't worked for me. I made the mistake of paying for an upgrade my first visit though. After a few visits and speaking with other Diamonds on property I believe if you have a history of paying for upgrades you are less likely to get free upgrades than those who haven't. A free upgrade from a BV to a DBV or WV is the most likely free upgrade. I have spoke to some Diamonds who routinely get upgraded to RWV from BV as well. Pretty sure a free upgrade from OWV to a larger category on the smaller island is rare.
Interesting because I paid for a 3-night upgrade to SWV on our first stay (BV was cash too) but have been upgraded pretty much every visit since. Half the time we pay cash and half the time we use points.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Currently have 2 rooms reserved for the same time period under my account. I am a diamond, the other person is a gold. Is it worth trying to get the reservation switched over or will they give them gold benefits if I tell them the HH number of the other occupants?
Any advantage to either way?
If (ei)the(r) person staying in a second room has Elite status then they / that room will get the benefit.
What you don't want to do is waste any spend over 10k and lose base points.

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'd clarify if the 110 credit is 110++ or 85.47++ if you opt for this.
I got a great half board deal a few years ago when paying to stay and although I forget the exact figures, the credit you could use elsewhere was not ++. In other words if they advertised it as 110 they meant 85.47++
This would be 89.28++. You divide by 0.81169 to get pre tax amounts.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
How much is the daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market? Are there any links to recent menus with price-lists to see the options at the various restaurants?
$105++ as of late 2016. Anyone confirm if it's been raised?

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Has anybody had breakfast at Ithaa? I saw on the wiki its now an option. Weve had dinner there - lunch seems to be way too hot in there (from what Ive read) - is breakfast a better option? I want our little one to experience it so which would be the more kid friendly option?
I wonder if this is 'free' for those staying in The Muraka and whether, if one of us poor folk wanted to make a booking on a day when the residents of the UWS had a booking, they'd refuse you and make you book another day (regardless of whether it was full or not)?

Originally Posted by elpee1979
Any of these worth it? We do plan to enjoy drinks even though it will be expensive. Would plan to try Atoll 3-4 nights of a 7 night stay

Half Board - USD110++pp daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market or USD110 credit to be used at another restaurant (excluded are Rangali bar, Quiet zone bar, in-villa dining)
Full Board - USD165++pp adds lunch at Mandhoo or Ufaa
Full Board w/ beverages USD220++pp adds house wines, beers, selected cocktails at meal only
I guess they got bad PR for giving you a measly 61c on the dollar before and have offset this by taking RB, TQZ and IVD off the menu, so to speak.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Seems they are no longer comping the tax as they used to. Prolly will save them about 10-12,000/mth.

No longer comping the tax on what an for what bookings, award bookings? I made a five night award booking in September for a stay in August. It says total for stay 380,000 points. Then much further down in fine print after some ads it says:

Tax
12.00% Per Room Per Night
6.00 Per Guest Per Night

My thought is that this is form language that applies to paid bookings that they just erroneously put in the confirmation email on my award booking.

I actually made a later award booking using a free night a few weeks ago, to add a sixth night to this stay, and the confirmation email says nothing about the tax or $6 per person fee.

When I log into the Hilton website and click on my reservations, it just refers to the total points used for the stay, with no mention of $6 a night per person surcharge or tax.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Just booked a five night stay with points. Hadn't seen this referenced, but I was charged $60. Is this usual? Not a big deal, but hadn't been charged a fee with award stays before.
Do you mean you already stayed and paid $60 at checkout or that it's on your booking confirmation? If the latter, can you post a partial screen shot showing where it is being charged on your booking? Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:43 am

Yes, the $6 Green Tax on award bookings. They used to comp all taxes but now might be changing their policy, perhaps in steps.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Interesting because I paid for a 3-night upgrade to SWV on our first stay (BV was cash too) but have been upgraded pretty much every visit since. Half the time we pay cash and half the time we use points.
From what room category booked to what category room upgrade do these occur?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Anything is possible, but you should never count on it. In theory, you could book a BV and end up in the Muraka. But as CMRI is a Conrad "resort" and not a Conrad "hotel", they are exempt from doing any upgrades at all if they choose.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Anything is possible, but you should never count on it. In theory, you could book a BV and end up in the Muraka. But as CMRI is a Conrad "resort" and not a Conrad "hotel", they are exempt from doing any upgrades at all if they choose.
that would be nice!!!!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:21 am

Upgrade Costs 2nd Week of April

Water villa to Superior Water villa US$43.40 including taxes per night
Water villa to Retreat water villa US$216.30 including taxes per night
Water villa to Deluxe water villa US$396.90 including taxes per night

I'm inclined to upgrade to SWV to ensure location.

Also, question for the frequent visitors, any recommendation for a hotel in Hulhumale? We are arriving in from SIN at around 10.20pm and I'd rather stay near the airport rather than to rush to the resort for a late-night check-in. Partially, I'm an avgeek and am really looking forward to the seaplane transfers (despite the ridiculous cost).

I'm targeting something that has a reliable airport shuttle and costs less than $100/night.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
All true, however the entry level rooms (BV) represent something like 22% of the rooms at the resort. This is near opposite the entry level rooms at a hotel. They count on upsells for the rooms, specialty dinners, etc here. We havent been introduced to a host the last two trips. Probably because we book our dinners in advance.

Just boarding my flight now on my way here. Have a new strategy for an upgrade and will see how it works out. Just have a hard time paying for what others havent had to. There are many inconsistencies in both that and what others do wind up paying for upgrades as well. Regardless we will enjoy our time.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Have a great trip, texmanufan. I hope your upgrade strategy works, will keep fingers crossed for you!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alf55555
Water villa to Superior Water villa US$43.40 including taxes per night
Also, question for the frequent visitors, any recommendation for a hotel in Hulhumale? We are arriving in from SIN at around 10.20pm and I'd rather stay near the airport rather than to rush to the resort for a late-night check-in. Partially, I'm an avgeek and am really looking forward to the seaplane transfers (despite the ridiculous cost).

I'm targeting something that has a reliable airport shuttle and costs less than $100/night.
We stayed here when coming from SIN in December 2016. They did a pick up from MLE and dropped us back there the next morning after breakfast. The conrad called H78 and confirmed our Seaplane transfer time (we were on the first plane out).

https://www.hotel78maldives.com/

The rooms were small and basic but comfortable we would happily stay again.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:32 am

For us, BV >>> DBV, WV & RWV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.