Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by dcht
I'm fairly certain the WVs are all getting renovated this spring/summer.

I think the consensus here is upgrading to the SWV is definitely worth it.
Perhaps avoid 335 as it was reported to be in bad shape as of a year ago. Check out these posts: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29358701-post142.html & https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30217731-post1716.html

@G-CIVC You mentioned the electric plugs were not working, no blu ray player and the entertainment systems (except the TV) had problems. Do you remember if the floors and other aspects of the interior were in bad shape?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Have added links to the Wiki to your post and @SponsorSFC a link to your post with video.

And to this useful post as well. Thanks guys.
I have a video walkthrough of the WV here
as well so will edit my post to add it.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Perhaps avoid 335 as it was reported to be in bad shape as of a year ago. Check out these posts: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29358701-post142.html & https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30217731-post1716.html

@G-CIVC You mentioned the electric plugs were not working, no blu ray player and the entertainment systems (except the TV) had problems. Do you remember if the floors and other aspects of the interior were in bad shape?
The flooring was modern enough but definitely had scratches and dents and stuff, but just a minor issue overall compared to the entertainment/electronic stuff
The outdoor deck and bathroom was in good condition tho and the outdoor jacuzzi was very enjoyable. The walk in closet (room) was also entirely serviceable and in good shape.

I owe this thread (that once in a while I peruse nowadays!) a full review of my stay back then. Looking back now (as the pain of paying the bill has subsided), what a great stay. My SO who was critical at the time we were there is now longing to be back. Guess it's the carefreeness and good food and weather and ambience everything. I miss Sunset Grill and Mandhoo so, so much and definitely won't call them overpriced at all! We would totally go back if they promised not to enter our villa on their own with the DND sign again Next time, we would probably just stick ourself at a more secluded DBV, forget about excursions or those 'maximizing experiences', just enjoy a week of great food and great weather under the Maldivian sun...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:29 pm

Quick question: Read the entire forum and hadn't found the answer to this one: Is the water from the tap in the rooms potable? While the staff will bring extra water if requested, can we just drink the water from the faucet?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The will give you as many bottles as you need.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:38 pm
SST

Originally Posted by alf55555
Quick question: Read the entire forum and hadn't found the answer to this one: Is the water from the tap in the rooms potable? While the staff will bring extra water if requested, can we just drink the water from the faucet?
I wouldnt...... just enjoy bottled.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
The will give you as many bottles as you need.
Indeed, you just need to ask your room attendant for how much you want. The only squeeze on water is at the restaurants.......
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:21 am
whl

I am returning to Conrad Maldives for 3rd stay in 10 years early next month and have booked Standard Room Rewards Water Villa.

I recall in my first visit in 2009, I stayed in the superior water villas where the water is only knee deep length. 2nd visit in 2015, I stayed in the Retreat Water Villa and the water was deep enough for proper snorkeling.

How's the water villas? Is it worth it upgrade to Deluxe Water Villa?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:28 am

For the seaplane transfer: In addition to the 5kg allowed for a rollaway, can you also bring a small purse/backpack? Or will they weigh that too?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by dcht
I'm fairly certain the WVs are all getting renovated this spring/summer.

I think the consensus here is upgrading to the SWV is definitely worth it.
Any one knows how long will the renovations take?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mn524
For the seaplane transfer: In addition to the 5kg allowed for a rollaway, can you also bring a small purse/backpack? Or will they weigh that too?
They weigh everything. The total limit is 25kg. TMA FAQ
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by goliath
They weigh everything. The total limit is 25kg. TMA FAQ
My suitcase and backpack added to 31 kg and was not charged extra. My wife's added to 32 kg, and was not charged extra.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
As note, despite the Wiki statements, we earned points on seaplane transfer (and I also believe service charges, but am less sure about that).

Earning Points at the Resort - What Doesn't Qualify
Please note that any charges on third party services will be ineligible for points, e.g:
Seaplane Transfer*
Water Sports
Dive Centre
Spherique Boutique, Island Breeze or any other shops*
Service Charge
T-GST (Tourism Goods & Service Tax) and Green Tax (both government levied)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
My suitcase and backpack added to 31 kg and was not charged extra. My wife's added to 32 kg, and was not charged extra.
From the email I received from the resort it states that you are allowed 25kg for a checkin bag and 5kg for the carryon.. So seems like they gave you 1kg/2kg extra
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mn524
From the email I received from the resort it states that you are allowed 25kg for a checkin bag and 5kg for the carryon.. So seems like they gave you 1kg/2kg extra
Everything is weighed. My briefcase was over and Mrs. Majuki's carry on was not, but we weren't charged extra. They did offer to store my briefcase in the back of the plane going/returning to have a more comfortable ride, which I accepted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.