Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:59 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by iexaltu
I'm a diamond member and I made an award reservation for my sister and her husband's honeymoon. I just got an email from the hotel saying that their stay will be "room only" since I am not staying with them. Is this typical? I feel terrible telling them that they will now be stuck with the breakfast cost.
If they cannot get status before the trip, I suggest you go back over the posts here from the last 2 days where there is discussion about the various food packages.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:30 am

Which of the room types come with a hot tub?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Which of the room types come with a hot tub?

IIRC - Superior Water, Retreat Water, Deluxe Water and Sunset have spa/Jacuzzi on deck and Premier has one in the bathroom. Standard Water Villa may (??) have jets in plunge pool but not heated ... am I forgetting any ??

Last edited by llfoster; Jan 31, 2019 at 3:12 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by llfoster
IIRC - Superior Water, Retreat Water, Deluxe Water and Sunset have spa/Jacuzzi on deck and Premier has one in the bathroom. Standard Water Villa may (??) have jets in plunge pool but not heated ,,, am I forgetting any ??
So none of the beach accommodations then?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by llfoster
IIRC - Superior Water, Retreat Water, Deluxe Water and Sunset have spa/Jacuzzi on deck and Premier has one in the bathroom. Standard Water Villa may (??) have jets in plunge pool but not heated ... am I forgetting any ??
Standard water villas have the jets in the small pool, but the pool isn't heated.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
So none of the beach accommodations then?
Correct. The Deluxe Beach Villa have a pool but not a jacuzzi / hot tub.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by Nstaskey
Would like input - I booked a OWV for 8 nights in May utilizing points and would like to somehow get a complimentary upgrade as a Lifetime Diamond member. My wife has already booked 8 days at the spa at over $300 each and will also book 3 - 4 over excursions on the island. Do you think I should communicate this in an e-mail when I inquire about upgrades or any suggestion on how to best approach?
I have communicated via email a high spend history in past visits and a commitment for an upcoming visit while asking for.free upgrades. Strategy hasn't worked for me. I made the mistake of paying for an upgrade my first visit though. After a few visits and speaking with other Diamonds on property I believe if you have a history of paying for upgrades you are less likely to get free upgrades than those who haven't. A free upgrade from a BV to a DBV or WV is the most likely free upgrade. I have spoke to some Diamonds who routinely get upgraded to RWV from BV as well. Pretty sure a free upgrade from OWV to a larger category on the smaller island is rare.

If I understand the WA Maldives Ithaafushi website correctly any room there would be a very nice upgrade if bookable with the same amount of points. Not sure if you will be able to secure a booking in time for a May visit and before your cancel deadline here but worth checking into.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887

Yes this is true. If they are in the U.S., I recommend having your sister open a Hilton Ascend card - the one that comes with the 95.00 annual fee. Then email the resort their HH number. The hotel will leave the reservation in tact under your diamond number and they will note that they are to receive the gold benefits. That fee will pay for itself in one day with breakfast, happy hour and tea. There’s no meaningful difference between diamond and gold at this property.
Thanks for your suggestion. We were able to get her status communicated to the resort and we are good to go. Thanks again!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Question for those who have gone to Rangali with young kids - how long did you go for and did they start getting bored after a week or two? I’m thinking of a stay of around 2 weeks but don’t want to push my luck just in case. We’ve been there for around 2 weeks previously and I would have liked to stay longer but that was when it was just the two of us. Thanks all
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Question for those who have gone to Rangali with young kids - how long did you go for and did they start getting bored after a week or two? I’m thinking of a stay of around 2 weeks but don’t want to push my luck just in case. We’ve been there for around 2 weeks previously and I would have liked to stay longer but that was when it was just the two of us. Thanks all
How old are the children? Our toddler loved the beach, pool, kids club, and all the fish/birds/etc. We did twelve nights and she would have stayed longer no problem.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
We came here with our daughter when she was:

2,5 years old (8 nights)
4,5 years old (14 nights)
6 years old (15 nights)
7 years old (18 nights)

and she never got bored of anything. ^
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Don't know if this is useful for some here, but the site Luxury Escapes is offering a "deal" on this resort at the moment.

For example, 7 nights in BV, for AUD$6,999 (~US$5,050) inclusive of the following:-
  • Inclusions valid for two adults
  • Return seaplane transfers between Male and the resort over the beautiful islands of the Maldives
  • Daily buffet breakfast at Atoll Market, the resort’s barefoot dining restaurant with sand floors
  • Nightly buffet dinner at Atoll Market, featuring decadent global cuisine
  • One blissful 30-minute massage each at the Spa Retreat
Or stay in a WV with the above inclusions for AU$7,999 (~US$5,770).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Don't know if this is useful for some here, but the site Luxury Escapes is offering a "deal" on this resort at the moment.

For example, 7 nights in BV, for AUD$6,999 (~US$5,050) inclusive of the following:-
  • Inclusions valid for two adults
  • Return seaplane transfers between Male and the resort over the beautiful islands of the Maldives
  • Daily buffet breakfast at Atoll Market, the resort’s barefoot dining restaurant with sand floors
  • Nightly buffet dinner at Atoll Market, featuring decadent global cuisine
  • One blissful 30-minute massage each at the Spa Retreat
Or stay in a WV with the above inclusions for AU$7,999 (~US$5,770).
Hmmmmm. OWV on my dates for £5,381.00 (includes peak period surcharge). RWV adds another £1k for the 7 days.

I'd likely lose my Diamond benefits, but I'd be gaining dinner and breakfast is included anyway... Plus you can knock £850-£900 off that price as the seaplane is included.

Time to do some sums.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:00 am

@alanslegal: seems like a pretty good deal considering that I've been checking for the past 14 days at low season August and just now have been able to get it as low at $4700 after tax w/o plane transfers for 2 and only breakfast in the base room. Especially given all these tricks the booking sites play based on IP, cookies, choosing different conversions, etc. I'm logging in from a Tokyo IP and doing all types of IP logins from different devices and haven't been able to do better than $4700 after tax for 2 (cheapest just found today, albeit non-refundable).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:26 am

Wiki updates

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Deluxe beach villa
Have added links to the Wiki to your post and @SponsorSFC a link to your post with video.

Originally Posted by goliath
The polIcy is:

Kids under 6 eat for free with parents eating at a la carte restaurants.

Kids from 6 to 11 eat for free from the kids menu with parents eating at a la carte restaurants.

Kids from 6 to 11 pay 50% if ordering from the regular menu with parents eating at a la carte restaurants.

Drinks are charged at full price. Kids rates apply to special events (like beach BBQ, champagne & lobster BBQ etc.).

As always, YMMV.
And to this useful post as well. Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.