Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
This is mostly done at check-out.

It depends solely on availability of that specific villa category and whether they can wrangle it (read adjust the jigsaw of rooms and guests (and there's also the possibility of others who are Hilton elites and returning guests already in line for it)). There is nothing you can do and no way to know. Making a request is possible but should be done at least a week out. They will assign it to you should it be possible (conditional on the above).
Does this imply if you request it farther out, the higher chance you’ll get as they’ll just assign it to you or would they rather not get room requests 9 months out?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by brandonpkt
Just to provide another data point: I negotiated an upgrade rate of $194++/night to go from a water villa to a retreat water villa for 21 nights during the Dec 2019 - Jan 2020 festive season. I used the low figure for 2019 upgrade rates in the sticky as a reference point in my negotiations. Not sure if it helped but it is our third visit to Rangali and we are both diamonds.

Reservations on Hilton’s website all say Retreat Water Villa. Looking forward to snorkeling right off our villa and swimming to the drop off / house reef.
last time I asked a few weeks ago they said they haven’t done their 2020 upgrade pricing yet, does this extend into 2020 or are you checking out on 1/1/2020?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:16 am

Hi guys, got some questions and was wondering if any of y'all can answer. I have enough points for two nights right now, so I booked two nights in October. However, I recently opened an Aspire card which will give me some extra points and a free weekend night after I meet the min spend. So I want to add on a third night using points and a fourth night using the weekend free night. My questions are:
1. Is there an easy way to combine the third and fourth night to my existing reservation of two nights or will that cause issues? I don't want to cancel my two nights now and wait for all the points and free nights to be deposited because I'm afraid the room will not be available in three months
2. Can I still pre-pay for seaplane even though my reservation is incomplete like that? I really want to use the seaplane cost to meet my minimum spend but was wondering if it would be an issue since I might modify the reservation later.

Thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NightFury1

last time I asked a few weeks ago they said they haven’t done their 2020 upgrade pricing yet, does this extend into 2020 or are you checking out on 1/1/2020?
hi NightFury, we check out in the middle of January 2020. They may have allowed the confirmation because of the length of our stay and / or because we are checking in during the month of Dec 2019, let me know if you have any other questions!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by brandonpkt

hi NightFury, we check out in the middle of January 2020. They may have allowed the confirmation because of the length of our stay and / or because we are checking in during the month of Dec 2019, let me know if you have any other questions!
Thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:50 pm

Thank you!
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Hi guys, got some questions and was wondering if any of y'all can answer. I have enough points for two nights right now, so I booked two nights in October. However, I recently opened an Aspire card which will give me some extra points and a free weekend night after I meet the min spend. So I want to add on a third night using points and a fourth night using the weekend free night. My questions are:
1. Is there an easy way to combine the third and fourth night to my existing reservation of two nights or will that cause issues? I don't want to cancel my two nights now and wait for all the points and free nights to be deposited because I'm afraid the room will not be available in three months
2. Can I still pre-pay for seaplane even though my reservation is incomplete like that? I really want to use the seaplane cost to meet my minimum spend but was wondering if it would be an issue since I might modify the reservation later.

Thank you!
The points redeposit immediately so you should be fine cancelling once you have all the points then rebooking the 3 nights, then call in to tell them to add your 4th night with the free night. I think the cert only works for beach villa though. If you’re still scared, remember that January 2019 is high season and there’s still availability for award nights, so your desired dates are going to be fine.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The points redeposit immediately so you should be fine cancelling once you have all the points then rebooking the 3 nights, then call in to tell them to add your 4th night with the free night.
Careful! Points used to redeposit immediately, but since the IT "upgrades" were implemented at HH in November 2018, there have been reports of people having to chase points from cancelled bookings for weeks...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Careful! Points used to redeposit immediately, but since the IT "upgrades" were implemented at HH in November 2018, there have been reports of people having to chase points from cancelled bookings for weeks...
Interesting,

I canceled my bookings around 5 times in the past month and they always redeposited immediately. Perhaps they're fixed? I don't want to jinx this because I might actually change my booking again! =X
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

The points redeposit immediately so you should be fine cancelling once you have all the points then rebooking the 3 nights, then call in to tell them to add your 4th night with the free night. I think the cert only works for beach villa though. If you’re still scared, remember that January 2019 is high season and there’s still availability for award nights, so your desired dates are going to be fine.
One clarification; free weekend certificates work for both standard beach and standard water villa as long as availability remains. However, the standard water villas appear to be booked up prior to the beach villas (see holiday season 2019/2020). Keep in mind though that availability of standard awards will fluctuate as people pay to upgrade, which will then return base rooms back into the available pool.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Hi guys, got some questions and was wondering if any of y'all can answer. I have enough points for two nights right now, so I booked two nights in October. However, I recently opened an Aspire card which will give me some extra points and a free weekend night after I meet the min spend. So I want to add on a third night using points and a fourth night using the weekend free night.

Thank you!
So if I'm understanding correctly, you have two nights currently booked with points. the signup bonus will get you enough for a third night. If I might make one suggestion. If you took advantage of Hilton's current promotion, they are selling points with a 100% bonus. For $480, you would get 96,000 points - enough for one free night. That would be your 4th night. And since Hilton gives elites the fifth night free, you'd be basically getting two extra nights for $480. Of course, it might be less - since I'm sure you'll have some points left over from your Aspire sign up bonus. Anyway, just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't thought about it!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
So if I'm understanding correctly, you have two nights currently booked with points. the signup bonus will get you enough for a third night. If I might make one suggestion. If you took advantage of Hilton's current promotion, they are selling points with a 100% bonus. For $480, you would get 96,000 points - enough for one free night. That would be your 4th night. And since Hilton gives elites the fifth night free, you'd be basically getting two extra nights for $480. Of course, it might be less - since I'm sure you'll have some points left over from your Aspire sign up bonus. Anyway, just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't thought about it!
Wow, I’m so jealous! For us non-US people, the only way to earn points is the old fashioned way
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:15 pm

I currently have 10 nights booked on points in a WV. Due to some scheduling changes with flights, I need to shorten this to 8 nights. However it appears no WVs are available when re-booking and I don't want to book into a standard beach villa. We were considering upgrading from the OV to a DBV anyways (as we have already done WVs in Bora Bora), so I don't want to have to pay more to go from BV to DBV instead of WV to DBV.

Would speaking with the property or Hilton directly get me anywhere or are they going to tell me to cancel and re-book into a BV? Called Hilton and they were absolutely 0 help whatsoever and basically said sorry, hotel is almost sold out, we can't modify your stay.

Last edited by bmrisko; Jan 25, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
​​​​​​

Oh yeah thanks, we actually have enough points to do fifth night free after the credit card bonus points, but we are only doing 3 nights plus 1 free weekend night because we are also going to dubai and Japan in this two week vacation so we can't/don't want to spend too many days in Maldives.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
We are booked to go to Conrad Maldives on May 17-22. I’ve read May is the worse tkme
to go, but we just didn’t have any other time to have our honeymoon. I know there’s a strong chance it’s gonna rain... but should we be concerned??
No way to know, we were there last year the last week of May and 1st week of June, rained for a couple hours our first night and then sunny every day... however it rained 4 straight days prior to our arrival. Hope you get sunny days!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Booked all our excursions for our April trip, they are still giving the $50 credit per person for prebooking the Whale snorkeling tour, so $150 pp instead of $200pp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.