Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
they put the extra single mattress for the kid at the foot of the main bed.
if there is a second kid, they will convert the sofa (to become a bed).
it's all still comfortable, no worries.

10 adults can easily live in the villa if some are willing to sleep under the stars.
it's a huge unit.
The room and outside area itself clearly are more than enough room for 3 people. But usually prefer a little more separation area at night. We usually stay up at night after our daughter goes to bed and watch a movie. Guess we can adjust. The suite and junior suite have seperate living rooms, but the upgrade price a little too pricey for just that.

Will be very curious what the WA points pricing is going to look like. The “base” rooms over there look like they would accommodate our “base” needs a little better.

TD

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Deluxe beach villa photos

Decoration for anniversary

Deluxe beach villa
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Having stayed in overwater villas in French Polynesia (Hilton Moorea, Intercontinental Moorea, Intercontinental le Moana/Thalasso, Conrad Bora Bora, Sofitel Bora Bora Private island): my recommendation is that unless you have never had the experience of an OWB, I vastly prefer the deluxe beach villa here. While I preferred OWB at some of those other locations, here we greatly prefer the DBV. Why? Proximity to snorkeling, size (gargantuan at 3xxx sq ft space) and the gigantic floor to ceiling glass.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Over water villa photos

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
What time of the year have you guys seen turtles? We still haven’t been able to see one!
We have seen a turtle 4 of the last 8 days of snorkeling. We snorkel for 1-2 hours at a time. 1 time i saw it diving down to 20+ feet of water. Today it was in the shallow 4-5 feet of water straight out from the employee bridge. The other couple of times it was in 10 feet of water along the house reef drop off.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by brandonpkt

If you don’t mind me asking, in which which water villa type did you stay for your one night? The base water villa?
315 - which I believe is a standard king bed water villa. The water during low tide was inches, and during high tide maybe 2 feet.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:39 am

RE: Earning HH points

I believe restaurants and base room upsell/upgrade charge qualify for HH points
But has anyone gotten lucky and managed to get HH points even for diving, spa service, souvenir shopping etc cost charged under the Conrad Maldives bill?

-----------------------------------------------------

Earning Points at the Resort - What Doesn't Qualify
Please note that any charges on third party services will be ineligible for points, e.g:
• Seaplane Transfer*
• Water Sports
• Dive Centre
• Spherique Boutique, Island Breeze or any other shops*
• Service Charge
• T-GST (Tourism Goods & Service Tax) and Green Tax (both government levied)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone know if the special dinners at set in stone for a particular night of the week, or can change days? I know there's a C&L dinner, and BBQ dinner, not sure what other specialty dinners there are or what days of the week. Just trying to plan an excursion or 2 and don't want to plan it if there's a specialty dinner we want to do that night!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:49 am

Anyone have any recommendations as far as which standard water villas are the best when it comes to the view?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
Anyone have any recommendations as far as which standard water villas are the best when it comes to the view?
Sunset side - 315 to 330.

Map here:

https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res..._March2017.pdf

One on either end of each of the blocks is better so you have no direct neighbour on one side so for example, 315, 318 etc.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:47 am

Pre-Paying To Maximize Aspire Credit

hey, wondering if anyone knew if you could still pre authorize a certain amount on your credit card months before arrival? I found a blog that talked about doing it to maximize his aspire $250 resort credit.

Has anyone does this? If so - how do you do it?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
I a traveling from the U.S. with AT&T cell coverage to the Conrad; has anyone used their AT&T service on the Island? What do you recommend in how to most cost effectively use your cell with AT&T service?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
I a traveling from the U.S. with AT&T cell coverage to the Conrad; has anyone used their AT&T service on the Island? What do you recommend in how to most cost effectively use your cell with AT&T service?
Your phone will not work at the resort except over wifi. If you have one that is capable of placing calls and sending SMS over WiFi (and ATT allows you to do so,) then you could do that.

T is great at marketing and rent-seeking, but if international travel is your bag, you're better off with another carrier.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:36 pm

Backup plan for summer bookings

I made the 6 night reward reservation using points/cert during 2019 shoulder season. I’m reading all the speculation regarding construction and wondering what other comparable options to look at. Already have flights booked, so no turning back! Really was looking forward to the Conrad. Having Diamond status was a big reason we chose it. Any suggestions if it doesn’t work out? Maybe Gili will be rebuilt in time. Maybe W-A will offer 95k standard reward rates. Other comparable resorts? I’ve looked at so many, but always disappointed by reviews :/
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
hey, wondering if anyone knew if you could still pre authorize a certain amount on your credit card months before arrival? I found a blog that talked about doing it to maximize his aspire $250 resort credit.

Has anyone does this? If so - how do you do it?
i remember somebody did that and had to send a copy of passport. I believe t it was on the aspire $250 credit thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.