Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Jamal06

I am there 10 nights in July as well. I’ve sent a couple emails over the last 1.5 weeks to try and get rates for upgrade but haven’t gotten a response yet. I’ve used the email address in the wiki for reception as well as an individual reservation agent at the hotel. Is there a typical response time for these requests and I am just being impatient?

Try this address. [email protected]

I get responses within a day or two.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:26 am

For the record.. my rates (3rd week of April):

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD194.67 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax

Were provided by Abdulla Sameer ([email protected])
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by speedlog
Would one expect to be invited to a second managers reception if the stay is long enough?
We were invited a second time during our last stay in October, but not for a third time.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
MF- you’ll know the answer to this one

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Hmm, don't know the answer to that question.

Damn it. I feel so useless. Save me, @Splotly. Save me.....
Super excited to return after only 8 months away. I won’t have to ask many questions this time since I still have the entire dining itinerary you gave us last time. Given we are taking both kids this time and will need two WVs, not sure we want to pay to UG. My wife loved the jacuzzi in our RWV last time and would definitely want to jacuzzi again. Do you happen to recall if the main pool has a jacuzzi? I don’t recall seeing any public jacuzzis on property.

Thanks as always!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bcacho
Do you happen to recall if the main pool has a jacuzzi?
No, it does not.

(I think the same questions was answered just a few post ago)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:40 pm

Any suggestions for vegetarians -- restaurants / dishes you enjoyed?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:30 pm

I am around a month away now from my 5 night stay. Anything I should be doing to get ready? I'm assuming they will contact me soon to get my flight details to arrange for the sea plane, etc. When can/should I start making reservations for the different activities, meals?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
No, it does not.

(I think the same questions was answered just a few post ago)
crap - I somehow missed MFs original response. Apologies to MF and thanks Goliath I am doing everything on my phone this weekend and sometimes the Forum acts a bit goofy with IOS. Keeps resetting and makes stuff harder to find....nothing worse than multiple questions with the same answer easily found. Apologies again.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by marcmsj
I am around a month away now from my 5 night stay. Anything I should be doing to get ready? I'm assuming they will contact me soon to get my flight details to arrange for the sea plane, etc. When can/should I start making reservations for the different activities, meals?
Buy sunscreen. Neutrogena makes a non-comedogenic SPF50 that's nice. And make sure you have appropriate clothing.

You should be able to make an Ithaa reservation now, if you want to. The other restaurants can be booked on arrival.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Any suggestions for vegetarians -- restaurants / dishes you enjoyed?
Ovo-lacto or strict vegan?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:41 pm

Any idea what the least expensive Ithaa option is? We want to go just for the experience, don't really care to do the dinner or any of the more expensive options.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Buy sunscreen. Neutrogena makes a non-comedogenic SPF50 that's nice. And make sure you have appropriate clothing.

You should be able to make an Ithaa reservation now, if you want to. The other restaurants can be booked on arrival.
What would you say is appropriate clothing?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:46 pm

Any idea what the least expensive Ithaa option is? We want to go just for the experience, don't really care to do the dinner or any of the more expensive options.
There's a cocktail hour. One glass of champagne and canapes. Details are in the wiki.

What would you say is appropriate clothing?
It's hot there, especially if you're not in the shade. If you're lying on the beach, you should be comfortable in swimwear. If you go out to a restaurant, you'll just want to make sure that your dress clothing is light and airy.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

[QUOTE=marcmsj;30650392]Any idea what the least expensive Ithaa option is? We want to go just for the experience, don't really care to do the dinner or any of the more expensive options.[/QUOTE

Cocktail Hour. They have decent (for the Maldives) prices at breakfast as I recall too, but if you are Diamond or Gold, you would have to forgo the free breakfast, which doesn’t make much sense in my book.

Last edited by Bcacho; Jan 13, 2019 at 7:39 pm Reason: typos!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
So if your pics / video is released on the net of you and the missus doing the thing in the outdoor shower, pool or wherever, and it goes viral you won't be even slightly peeved?
Yes peeved if it happened BUT I think I have a better chance of winning the lotto than ever being filmed in such circumstance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.