Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Those pesky sea planes make a huge racket when they are about - much more of a nuisance than any drone would. In fact I don't even care about drones - I wouldn't even care about my privacy, nobody would want to spy on me anyway ha ha ha Fly the damn thing, take your photos/videos, and fly it back down - 5 minutes all up, no harm/no foul especially when the sea planes are causing a racket.
So if your pics / video is released on the net of you and the missus doing the thing in the outdoor shower, pool or wherever, and it goes viral you won't be even slightly peeved?

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Besides, I like to think that no one in the right mind will fly half way around the world, outlay a tonne of money, to fly a drone for the intention of 'spying' on you. I mean, it is soooooooooooo much easier (for creeps) and cheaper (for creeps) to just go to the nearest water park, a beach, park or gym.
Kids with toys. Need I say more.

Originally Posted by brentyb
Thinking of making a visit in May. Any construction or renovations going on during this time?
Seems you missed the juicy bits in the last 50 pages of the thread.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Interior isn't that different. Similar woodgrain lacquer finish. Also, check out my WV vs SWV comparison (the link is in my sig). My advice is go for the SWV.

Did you check out the Water Depth post linked in my sig?
Thanks. By sig, do you mean the wiki? If I click on your FT username, I don't see any links. Sorry am not an advanced user so please elaborate how to access that info. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Sig = the signature at the bottom of each of his posts. You only see it on the full website, not on the mobile website of Flyertalk.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
How deep are the pools in the DBVs?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:40 am

Signed up to share the upgrade rates after receiving so much tips from this community.

Booked for 7 nights split between BV and WV.

"Diamond" Early April 2019 rates
- Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD67.63 per night Inclusive of Tax
- Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
- Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
How deep are the pools in the DBVs?
Standard 1.2m.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by limkl1
Signed up to share the upgrade rates after receiving so much tips from this community.

- Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD67.63 per night Inclusive of Tax
- Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
- Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
Just wat to confirm those rates are including tax? If so I say those are great rates. My Retreat quote for July, staying 10 nights is US275.00 ++.

TD
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Standard 1.2m.
That’s 3 feet 11.244 inches for us on the other side of the pond.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:31 am

Would one expect to be invited to a second managers reception if the stay is long enough?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by limkl1

Thanks. Will add to the wiki if necessary.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by speedlog
Would one expect to be invited to a second managers reception if the stay is long enough?
What are the usual requirements to be able to attend an initial managers reception, lol. I assume this is a few free drinks/food?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Just wat to confirm those rates are including tax? If so I say those are great rates. My Retreat quote for July, staying 10 nights is US275.00 ++.

TD
I quoted it verbatim. I would assume that is tax inclusive had you not mention.
A user had way better rates for a similar travel frame.

Originally Posted by draxxusbg
As promised, here are the "Diamond" upgrade rates received for 3rd week of April.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD216.30 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

TD
I am there 10 nights in July as well. I’ve sent a couple emails over the last 1.5 weeks to try and get rates for upgrade but haven’t gotten a response yet. I’ve used the email address in the wiki for reception as well as an individual reservation agent at the hotel. Is there a typical response time for these requests and I am just being impatient?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by speedlog
Hmm, don't know the answer to that question.

Damn it. I feel so useless. Save me, @Splotly. Save me.....
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Jamal06
I am there 10 nights in July as well. I’ve sent a couple emails over the last 1.5 weeks to try and get rates for upgrade but haven’t gotten a response yet. I’ve used the email address in the wiki for reception as well as an individual reservation agent at the hotel. Is there a typical response time for these requests and I am just being impatient?
Not at all impatient. They usually reply within 48hrs, 72hrs at the latest. Try emailing from another email provider just in case yours are getting put into their spam folder for some reason. If they don't reply within 3 days I suggest you give them a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.