Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
< 1 day
I cancelled a reservation here that was using points and dollars a few months ago in order to rebook using all points. It was during Hilton IT conversion so it took a good month to get the points back. When calling they did mention you get points back faster by cancelling through Hilton honors desk rather than cancelling with the hotel directly. So you may want to go that route.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
knock on wood, I've always received points back upon a cancellation almost immediately.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
I would go with the SWV if you are looking at an OWV experience. The Deluxe Water Villa is not much of an upgrade over that, and I would shy away from the Retreat Water Villas unless you want to be on the main island.
Hi,

I have a stay here and looked at a lot of youtube videos and thought the RWV were great and were about to request an upgrade. We do also value privacy a lot. Is there a reason you do not recommend the RWV?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just called the diamond desk to make a reservation using an AMEX free weekend night certificate on my account.

She asked "What city and state?"

I just chuckled to myself. Like I use these free night certificates at the DoubleTree Des Moines.

I was calling to add a free weekend sixth night to my existing 5 night points stay in a Water Villa at CMRI. I don't think she had ever heard of the place.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
Hi,

I have a stay here and looked at a lot of youtube videos and thought the RWV were great and were about to request an upgrade. We do also value privacy a lot. Is there a reason you do not recommend the RWV?
For me it is a couple of points: First, RWV are on the main island, and the other island is so much better as it is much quieter and void of kids. Second, the RWV are roomy, however the room with the massage tables is a big waste of space. I say void of kids, however there are reports of people booking OWV with kids, however on my trip I do not recall seeing a single one. On the main island it is open season and you will see plenty of kids.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

And will finally catch up with you December this year.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like December may be a busy Flyertalk month at Rangali. My fiancee and I will be there at that time as well for our third visit. Will be great to grab drinks with you both at Rangali one night if we happen to overlap. What part of December were you aiming for your visit?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Splotly

Anyone else noticed he hasn’t posted anything in over 8 hours.. it’s a real concern: I do hope he’s ok (or perhaps he now has a job)!

It looks like MF has been spotted and is ok. But this post begs the question: If MF was to go missing then who would notice first? His family or this Flyertalk forum?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by brandonpkt
Looks like December may be a busy Flyertalk month at Rangali. My fiancee and I will be there at that time as well for our third visit. Will be great to grab drinks with you both at Rangali one night if we happen to overlap. What part of December were you aiming for your visit?
The whole month. Catch up with you then!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The whole month. Catch up with you then!

Wow! That is fantastic. We are looking at 16 or 17 nights which I thought was a long time. But a whole month - I am jealous! We will be there starting at the end of December and we will have to grab drinks then!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:00 pm

Nice read about the Maldives Airways pilots

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/t...ves/index.html
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:43 am
SST

Weather is fine last 10 days. Rain briefly in the afternoon the day before that (1/2/19.)

Last night, major downpour for several hours. All clear and sunny by breakfast. 100% sunny at the Quiet Zone as I write.

Major checkouts from the holiday period came on Tuesday, so it is uncrowded, gorgeous.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:29 am

How is the interior of the WV as compared to the SWV. I am not taken by the all wooden look inside the SWV and from pics, the WV looks nicer and has a bigger deck. However, the WV has a small pool vs the SWV's jacuzzi and SWV has a guaranteed clear view so am thinking which to go for.

Could someone please advise on how deep the water around SWV and WV is usually? Also, with discussions on having 2 kids in these villas recently, if they do allow 2 kids, do these 2 become quite congested? The BV and DBV are stated as being much bigger.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:17 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brandonpkt
On our last visit a few years back someone was flying a drone by the beach villas / house reef area for a while. We flagged it to the beach guards and they promptly located the jerk and shut it down - definitely agree very rude to fly those things around at a private resort. We ran into the beach guard later and he said the offender complained when he was told he couldn’t fly his drone around anymore. The guy also pleaded his case for still operating the drone by saying “there was no camera / video on the drone” which I found laughable / doubtful
Those pesky sea planes make a huge racket when they are about - much more of a nuisance than any drone would. In fact I don't even care about drones - I wouldn't even care about my privacy, nobody would want to spy on me anyway ha ha ha Fly the damn thing, take your photos/videos, and fly it back down - 5 minutes all up, no harm/no foul especially when the sea planes are causing a racket.

Besides, I like to think that no one in the right mind will fly half way around the world, outlay a tonne of money, to fly a drone for the intention of 'spying' on you. I mean, it is soooooooooooo much easier (for creeps) and cheaper (for creeps) to just go to the nearest water park, a beach, park or gym.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Thinking of making a visit in May. Any construction or renovations going on during this time?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by s879
How is the interior of the WV as compared to the SWV. I am not taken by the all wooden look inside the SWV and from pics, the WV looks nicer and has a bigger deck. However, the WV has a small pool vs the SWV's jacuzzi and SWV has a guaranteed clear view so am thinking which to go for.
Interior isn't that different. Similar woodgrain lacquer finish. Also, check out my WV vs SWV comparison (the link is in my sig). My advice is go for the SWV.

Originally Posted by s879
Could someone please advise on how deep the water around SWV and WV is usually? Also, with discussions on having 2 kids in these villas recently, if they do allow 2 kids, do these 2 become quite congested? The BV and DBV are stated as being much bigger.
Did you check out the Water Depth post linked in my sig?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.