Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
The Maldives is more "exotic" and therefore worth more street cred.
That is so American, LOL!

Originally Posted by Splotly
Anyone else noticed he hasn’t posted anything in over 8 hours.. it’s a real concern: I do hope he’s ok (or perhaps he now has a job)!
Oh that is so @Splotly. This guy's good.....really good. You should see some of the stuff in his PMs. Here's one: "I’m actually pretty sure the management there have a doll that looks exactly like you and they spend their evenings jamming pins in it!"
Gold. Pure gold!
And will finally catch up with you December this year.

And thanks to @ lincoln boy and Traveler Dave for the data points re upgrades. Adding to wiki shortly.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
You might check the Conrad BB thread for a picture, of a letter, of the policy. I think one got posted when the question came up there. At that hotel, they even threaten huge fines and jail time. They claim, due to the poximity of the airport, that it was illegal to fly them. The IHG had a similar policy in BB.
Stefano, I know you're watching. Please implement ASAP with following reason: Not allowed due to seaplane flights. Good man! ^

< Stefano removes a pin from the voodoo doll sitting on his desk >

Originally Posted by dcht
Out of curiosity, why is there so much more activity on FT for the Conrad Maldives vs the Conrad Bora Bora?
Originally Posted by goliath
Plus the fact that there's no FrenchPolynesiaFreak on FT.
MF blushes. But seriously, it's because CMRI is such an awesome resort with even more awesome staff. I hear the FP locals aren't nearly as service oriented as the Maldvians. Makes a world of difference, especially since some of the staff at Rangali have been working there for 10, 15, 20 years or more.
Goddamn, I'm literally salivating at the thought of a 400g tenderloin at Vilu followed by their chocolate fondant..... What makes it worse is I'm gonna have to wait another 11 months for it. Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jan 11, 2019 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I'm literally salivating at the thought of a 400g tenderloin at Vilu followed by their chocolate fondant..... What makes it worse is I'm gonna have to wait another 11 months for it. Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!
You’re aware the chocolate fondant is no more.... light touch-paper and retire (and prepare doll for pin).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:36 pm

Oh well. On second thoughts it'll be OK. I'll just have to settle for Dilbert for dessert. I'll just get the chefs to cut him up into as many pieces as there are nights in the stay. Heh
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Splotly

You’re aware the chocolate fondant is no more.... light touch-paper and retire (and prepare doll for pin).
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

noooooooooooooo
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

noooooooooooooo
Horrific news ah. I cried for over 2 days straight.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:57 pm

Oh well. On second thoughts it'll be OK. I'll just have to settle for Dilbert for dessert. I'll just get the chefs to cut him up into as many pieces as there are nights in the stay. Heh
Yeah just to recap - he lives just past the end Deluxe Water Villa and only comes out if you swim out to see him without flipper on....
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

noooooooooooooo
You gotta be real careful wif dis geezer. E'll pull yer leg for half a mile, e will.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

That is so American, LOL!
Exactly, you know! Also, good to have you back. Apparently the whole forum was concerned for a while there.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:21 pm

anybody at Conrad Rangali now? is it sunny / rainy?

the weather forecast doesnt look good at all for the upcoming week?
in my experience in the past with these tropical islands in the middle of no where... often times it's not as gloomy as it looks
i m hoping the same here
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:06 pm

Trying to find any data points on complimentary upgrades at this property. I will be visiting for my first time in late March. I am a Diamond Member. I know this resort is exempt from the upgrade policy however I wondered if anybody lucks out and gets upgraded. We will be there for 7 nights in a Water Villa. I have seen the upgrade options people have posted with prices but wondered if anybody lucked out with a free one on check in. Can't wait.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:33 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for points to go back in to your account when you cancel a points reservation?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:38 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for points to go back in to your account when you cancel a points reservation?
< 1 day
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
< 1 day
But not immediate in your experience? With IHG you just have to hit refresh after you cancel and they are back.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:56 pm

But not immediate in your experience? With IHG you just have to hit refresh after you cancel and they are back.
when i did it several months ago, it was immediate. but in a recent attempt, it wasnt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.