Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by stormbandit
We will be there at the same time as you. When we were there 3 years ago over Valentine's Day, that night was busy, as each restaurant had a special of some kind. I would be pretty certain that that will be the case again. If you have your heart set on a particular restaurant or dining experience, I would make the reservation now.
Thanks for the info
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Does the Conrad have a drone policy now? Please say they do! I’m not impressed by these travel bloggers bringing drones to places like the Maldives.
Yes they do. In short, they are not allowed. But that does not mean some moron won’t bring one and fly it over your Villa.

You might check the Conrad BB thread for a picture, of a letter, of the policy. I think one got posted when the question came up there. At that hotel, they even threaten huge fines and jail time. They claim, due to the poximity of the airport, that it was illegal to fly them. The IHG had a similar policy in BB.

TD
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by stormbandit
I am wondering if anyone has done the Day Cruise? Thinking about booking it for our anniversary. We are both avid snorkelers and I thought it would be fun to have our own boat and itinerary for the day. I am wondering if they will customize the day for you according to your wishes or does that cruise go to the same places each day?
i m doing one soon. i will report back once my trip is over.
yes, if you charter the entire boat to yourself, then you get to call the shots.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Yes they do. In short, they are not allowed. But that does not mean some moron won’t bring one and fly it over your Villa.

You might check the Conrad BB thread for a picture, of a letter, of the policy. I think one got posted when the question came up there. At that hotel, they even threaten huge fines and jail time. They claim, due to the poximity of the airport, that it was illegal to fly them. The IHG had a similar policy in BB.

TD

On our last visit a few years back someone was flying a drone by the beach villas / house reef area for a while. We flagged it to the beach guards and they promptly located the jerk and shut it down - definitely agree very rude to fly those things around at a private resort. We ran into the beach guard later and he said the offender complained when he was told he couldn’t fly his drone around anymore. The guy also pleaded his case for still operating the drone by saying “there was no camera / video on the drone” which I found laughable / doubtful
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:00 am

Out of curiosity, why is there so much more activity on FT for the Conrad Maldives vs the Conrad Bora Bora?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dcht
Out of curiosity, why is there so much more activity on FT for the Conrad Maldives vs the Conrad Bora Bora?

Conrad Maldives: easy to book on points = many Flyertalkers travel there = more information = more activity
Conrad Bora Bora: difficult to book on points = less Flyertalkers travel there = less information = less activity

Also, MLE is easier to get to than BOB on miles.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Plus the fact that there's no FrenchPolynesiaFreak on FT.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
I agree PPT is not as easy to get to as MLE. I consider the leg from PPT to BOB a wash as compared with the seaplane ride from MLE.
Without getting into another thread comparing the two there appears to be many more repeats to the CR Maldives where CR Bora Bora is more one and done.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:31 am

The Maldives is more "exotic" and therefore worth more street cred. Whereas everybody knows somebody who has honeymooned in French Polynesia.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
The Maldives is more "exotic" and therefore worth more street cred. Whereas everybody knows somebody who has honeymooned in French Polynesia.
I guess that depends on where you are from. In central Europe, it would be the exact opposite.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by goliath
I guess that depends on where you are from. In central Europe, it would be the exact opposite.
Very good point. My comment applies only in North America.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:59 am

July 2019

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 127 ++

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 275 + +

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 373 ++
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by goliath
Plus the fact that there's no FrenchPolynesiaFreak on FT.
Anyone else noticed he hasn’t posted anything in over 8 hours.. it’s a real concern: I do hope he’s ok (or perhaps he now has a job)!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
lol, no doubt. Yes, MF, please report in!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by texmanufan
I agree PPT is not as easy to get to as MLE. I consider the leg from PPT to BOB a wash as compared with the seaplane ride from MLE.
Without getting into another thread comparing the two there appears to be many more repeats to the CR Maldives where CR Bora Bora is more one and done.
Depends on where you live. For us LAX-PPT-MLE is much quicker than LAX-SIN-MLE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.