Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Does the Conrad have a drone policy now? Please say they do! I’m not impressed by these travel bloggers bringing drones to places like the Maldives.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:05 am

I haven't seen this mentioned before in this thread (or at least not for a while), but I was quoted a price for a Full board package : Lunch at Uffa / Mandhoo and , Dinner at Atoll buffet Restaurant & a selection of beverages during meals $ 220.00 plus 10% service charge and 12% GST per person per day. (I am HH Diamond if that matters). This would be for a stay next month (Feb 2019)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
For those who stayed while the DBVs were being renovated, was it noisy? Say you are allocated a renovated DBV, and they are renovating the DBV, next door - will it be disruptive?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
For those who stayed while the DBVs were being renovated, was it noisy? Say you are allocated a renovated DBV, and they are renovating the DBV, next door - will it be disruptive?
We were there for 7 nights when multiple villas were being worked on....we stayed in a RWV so we didn’t sleep near the BWVs, but we walked by them multiple times a day and never heard any loud construction.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:24 am

Other than the activities/excursions that cost money, what else is there to do ON the resort grounds? I see that there's tennis, volleyball, table tennis. I've also seen that there's music at dinner sometimes. How are the fitness classes? I assume these are free?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by dcht
Other than the activities/excursions that cost money, what else is there to do ON the resort grounds? I see that there's tennis, volleyball, table tennis. I've also seen that there's music at dinner sometimes. How are the fitness classes? I assume these are free?
Snorkeling was our favorite activity. Masks, flippers, and snorkels are free to hire at the dive center and can be kept until your day of departure. Life jackets must be hired and returned daily (also free) from the water sport center near Rangali Bar.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dcht
How are the fitness classes? I assume these are free?
There are a handful of complimentary classes (e.g., power walking, morning stretch), but most are charged at $35++ per person. See fitness schedule from a recent stay below.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: delta, american, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jsteinberg
I will be at Rangali next month over Valentine's day...Do any of you know if they do anything specific for this holiday, and if I need to reserve ahead? Trying to decide what to do specifically on that day
We will be there at the same time as you. When we were there 3 years ago over Valentine's Day, that night was busy, as each restaurant had a special of some kind. I would be pretty certain that that will be the case again. If you have your heart set on a particular restaurant or dining experience, I would make the reservation now.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: delta, american, Hilton Diamond
I am wondering if anyone has done the Day Cruise? Thinking about booking it for our anniversary. We are both avid snorkelers and I thought it would be fun to have our own boat and itinerary for the day. I am wondering if they will customize the day for you according to your wishes or does that cruise go to the same places each day?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
During our Last stay (Christmas-New Years) several of our friends stayed with 2 kids in the Standard Overwater Villa and we even had a family of 5 as neighbours, who had 3 ! small kids (aged under 1 year -5 years )staying in a Overwater villa.
Hmmm...interesting. How did your friends go about doing that?

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Does the Conrad have a drone policy now? Please say they do! I’m not impressed by these travel bloggers bringing drones to places like the Maldives.
Yup. It's a bit back in the thread and linked to in the wiki.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by stormbandit
I am wondering if anyone has done the Day Cruise? Thinking about booking it for our anniversary. We are both avid snorkelers and I thought it would be fun to have our own boat and itinerary for the day. I am wondering if they will customize the day for you according to your wishes or does that cruise go to the same places each day?
If the boat's all yours you can customize to your heart's content.

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I haven't seen this mentioned before in this thread (or at least not for a while), but I was quoted a price for a Full board package : Lunch at Uffa / Mandhoo and , Dinner at Atoll buffet Restaurant & a selection of beverages during meals $ 220.00 plus 10% service charge and 12% GST per person per day. (I am HH Diamond if that matters). This would be for a stay next month (Feb 2019)
Thanks for that. Will add it to the wiki. Did they happen to mention whether it is a minimum 3 days like HB is?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jan 10, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bcacho
Well, we are headed back! After our amazing November, we decided to take the whole family for 8 days in August. Thankfully have enough points for two Water Villas given the kiddos are 14 and 19 at that point. One question for Maldivesfreak (or anyone else who might know) - my wife LOVED the Jacuzzi at our SRV. Since the WVs don't have Jacuzzi's, are there ANY public Jacuzzi's on the island?

If not, may be enough of a reason to upgrade to a SWV for one of the rooms.....
By SRV I presume you mean SWV.
There are no public jacuzzis. There is one that sits between the treatment rooms at the OWS but it's not really public, per se. Best to upgrade to a SWV.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for that. Will add it to the wiki. Did they happen to mention whether it is a minimum 3 days like HB is?
No, but I am awaiting a reply from Moli Rajeev regarding min. number of days, and what happens if on one of those days I want to upgrade to one of beach dinners etc.... Will post here once I find out the answers :-)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
No, but I am awaiting a reply from Moli Rajeev regarding min. number of days, and what happens if on one of those days I want to upgrade to one of beach dinners etc.... Will post here once I find out the answers :-)
That would be good to know if one could 'upgrade' or use some credit towards the specialty dinner. Would not want to be eating the Atoll buffet each night.

To save a bit of money, you could easily skip lunch if you have a big or late breakfast, it is only five hours before you can head to afternoon tea/happy hour. From there, choose your own dinners each night.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
That would be good to know if one could 'upgrade' or use some credit towards the specialty dinner. Would not want to be eating the Atoll buffet each night.

To save a bit of money, you could easily skip lunch if you have a big or late breakfast, it is only five hours before you can head to afternoon tea/happy hour. From there, choose your own dinners each night.
IIRC they typically have applied some credit toward the dinner bill when boarded guests dine somewhere other than the normal venue. The problem is that the credit is less than the cost of having paid outright vs. choosing a board package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.