Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by englisha
I was the person who stayed 20-27 December 2018 with 2 adults and 2 children in a WV. The kids were aged 5 and 8. There is a bit of a story behind it. I booked it a year in advance with points (28 Dec 2017) and at that time the WV description on the website stated 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Sometime in 2018, they changed it to 3 people max. I was informed that as I booked before the change, they would honor the booking for us. We were upgraded for 20-22 Dec to a FWV but had 5 days in the WV as booked. They managed to put 2 extra beds in for us, so it is certainly possible, although it does seem that this is no longer allowed. Others may have had a different experience, but this is what happened with us.

On an extra note, I find it interesting from the link posted to the Conrad site it now says "This villa sleeps three adults or two adults and two children. Children under 12 cannot be accommodated in over-water villas." -
There was at least one other family while we were there with a young child, so this seems either new or contradictory information.
ah, my under 6 comment so was me mixing up your stays - I was thinking of when you mentioned staying in the RWV!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:04 pm

I was the person who stayed 20-27 December 2018 with 2 adults and 2 children in a WV. The kids were aged 5 and 8. There is a bit of a story behind it. I booked it a year in advance with points (28 Dec 2017) and at that time the WV description on the website stated 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Sometime in 2018, they changed it to 3 people max. I was informed that as I booked before the change, they would honor the booking for us. We were upgraded for 20-22 Dec to a FWV but had 5 days in the WV as booked. They managed to put 2 extra beds in for us, so it is certainly possible, although it does seem that this is no longer allowed. Others may have had a different experience, but this is what happened with us.

On an extra note, I find it interesting from the link posted to the Conrad site it now says "This villa sleeps three adults or two adults and two children. Children under 12 cannot be accommodated in over-water villas." -
There was at least one other family while we were there with a young child, so this seems either new or contradictory information.
Thanks for sharing the story.
When you book using Hilton website, it does say the WV max is 3 guests. But once you go to Conrad Maldives website and look under WV, it says WV can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. I hope they fix that or honor the reservation for 4 people in WV. We (a party of 3 so staying in a WV) are going there with friends' family (a party of 4) and I hate to them not experience WV especially flying from the other side of the world (US).
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:07 pm

Very true MaldivesFreak and to be fair, we did book it as 2 adults and 1 kid and added the extra child in the additional info section.
wait. so you were able to stay in a WV with 2 adults and 2 children?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:08 pm

No doubt Rangali has requested the changes to be made to the website info but Hilton IT, being what it is, hasn't yet obliged.

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
Would like input - I booked a OWV for 8 nights in May utilizing points and would like to somehow get a complimentary upgrade as a Lifetime Diamond member. My wife has already booked 8 days at the spa at over $300 each and will also book 3 - 4 over excursions on the island. Do you think I should communicate this in an e-mail when I inquire about upgrades or any suggestion on how to best approach?
I will be blunt. If you do get upgraded at this property, you will never ever get confirmation of a free upgrade before you check in. Stat. No use asking for it because they will check your Hilton status and decide before you arrive but won't tell you if they are giving it to you or not. If you do want a better villa for some reason then do not rely on a free upgrade; pay for it to guarantee it.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
wait. so you were able to stay in a WV with 2 adults and 2 children?
Yes!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:15 pm

Yes!
When was your stay? Did you email the hotel regarding the 4th person before checking in?
My friends booked a WV as 2 adults and 1 child and they sent an email to the hotel to add additional child to the reservation. But the hotel told them WV only accommodates up to 3 guests.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
When was your stay? Did you email the hotel regarding the 4th person before checking in?
My friends booked a WV as 2 adults and 1 child and they sent an email to the hotel to add additional child to the reservation. But the hotel told them WV only accommodates up to 3 guests.
Its all been mentioned earlier in the thread (you even quoted my dates) and I booked a year in advance. About 6 months in I noticed the change in the WV description on hilton.com to 3 people and at that point emailed the hotel. I had also kept a screenshot of my original booking, but was never asked for it. The response was that that it was an error on their website which had since been corrected, but as id booked before, they would honor it. As Maldivesfreak mentioned, I dont really think this is normal practice and maybe we just got lucky? That being said, at the time I checked expedia and the room was still on offer for 2 adults and 2 children so if your friend is concerned, it might be worth checking as there seems to be contradictory information out there.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:25 pm

Its all been mentioned earlier in the thread (you even quoted my dates) and I booked a year in advance. About 6 months in I noticed the change in the WV description on hilton.com to 3 people and at that point emailed the hotel. I had also kept a screenshot of my original booking, but was never asked for it. The response was that that it was an error on their website which had since been corrected, but as id booked before, they would honor it. As Maldivesfreak mentioned, I dont really think this is normal practice and maybe we just got lucky? That being said, at the time I checked expedia and the room was still on offer for 2 adults and 2 children so if your friend is concerned, it might be worth checking as there seems to be contradictory information out there.
My mistake. I read your post and for some reasons I mistakenly thought somebody else also stayed in a WV as a party of 4.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Well, we are headed back! After our amazing November, we decided to take the whole family for 8 days in August. Thankfully have enough points for two Water Villas given the kiddos are 14 and 19 at that point. One question for Maldivesfreak (or anyone else who might know) - my wife LOVED the Jacuzzi at our SRV. Since the WVs don't have Jacuzzi's, are there ANY public Jacuzzi's on the island?

If not, may be enough of a reason to upgrade to a SWV for one of the rooms.....
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:23 pm

Just checked, If you put in 2 adults and 2 children for a room search (on the Conrad or Hilton website) the WV will not appear as an option. So seems reasonable that that they would not let you add a user after the reservation is made.

In theory you could book a room with 3 people and show up with a screen shot from their website saying the rooms supports 4....I would not do that....but someone could, and probably has. But my guess is they are covered somewhere in reservation rules that has a requirement for your reservation/confirmation number to have the correct number of people on it.

TD
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:46 pm

I will be at Rangali next month over Valentine's day...Do any of you know if they do anything specific for this holiday, and if I need to reserve ahead? Trying to decide what to do specifically on that day
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Fun fact. First week of May the resort is fully booked by one company. No seaplane arriving or leaving for one week they booked all 150ish Villas .after that the renovation for dbv goes on. One Villa takes 2months until fully renovated
all 580 staff will look after the guests
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Just checked, If you put in 2 adults and 2 children for a room search (on the Conrad or Hilton website) the WV will not appear as an option. So seems reasonable that that they would not let you add a user after the reservation is made.

In theory you could book a room with 3 people and show up with a screen shot from their website saying the rooms supports 4....I would not do that....but someone could, and probably has. But my guess is they are covered somewhere in reservation rules that has a requirement for your reservation/confirmation number to have the correct number of people on it.

TD
Will the 4th guest be swimming to the resort? The resort books your seaplane transfers for you.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
During our Last stay (Christmas-New Years) several of our friends stayed with 2 kids in the Standard Overwater Villa and we even had a family of 5 as neighbours, who had 3 ! small kids (aged under 1 year -5 years )staying in a Overwater villa.
They kids made a lot of noise and disturbed us a bit...We were so happy when they left.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
During our Last stay (Christmas-New Years) several of our friends stayed with 2 kids in the Standard Overwater Villa and we even had a family of 5 as neighbours, who had 3 ! small kids (aged under 1 year -5 years )staying in a Overwater villa.
They kids made a lot of noise and disturbed us a bit...We were so happy when they left.
3 under 5s in a WV! It makes me anxious thinking about 3 under 5s on a water villa. You’d need eyes on the back of your head.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.