Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Plat, SPG Plat
Hello,

Checking into the hotel in a few days...Super excited..Diamond for 7 years and waiting for to check this hotel out for a long time! Quick question, what is the general consensus on the upgrading from a standard WV? Is it worth the extra $100 a night? My wife is a doctor and we been volunteering for two years on and off in the 3rd poorest country in the world so we are not picky but just didn't know if we would really be missing out by not upgrading. Going to be a pretty stark contrast coming from there to the Conrad, haha but looking forward to it.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wjnelson04
Hello,

Checking into the hotel in a few days...Super excited..Diamond for 7 years and waiting for to check this hotel out for a long time! Quick question, what is the general consensus on the upgrading from a standard WV? Is it worth the extra $100 a night? My wife is a doctor and we been volunteering for two years on and off in the 3rd poorest country in the world so we are not picky but just didn't know if we would really be missing out by not upgrading. Going to be a pretty stark contrast coming from there to the Conrad, haha but looking forward to it.
I will be arriving in a few days as well (Sunday). Cant wait. If there is availability, I recommend upgrading to a SWV if one is available for the sunset facing deck and bed, as well as further spacing between the villas. It is worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
Mine is much more expensive I'm a diamond member (if that makes any difference)

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD132.81 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
I am a diamond member and prefer your rates. RWV price is reasonable I think.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:47 am

My friends will be traveling there as 2 adults and 2 kids. They told them that 4 people cant be in WV and a paid room upgrade is necessary. I thought a bunch of family stayed in WV. Is this new?

heres the email from Conrad

Please kindly noted that Maximum occupancy per Water Villa is 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child, we cannot accommodate 4 people in a Water Villa.

It is with great pleasure to offer a Hilton Honors members advance purchase discounted upgrade supplement, should you wish to enjoy your stay in one of below Villa Category.

2 adults and 2 children can accommodate in a Deluxe Beach Villa, Retreat Water Villa and Family Water Villa.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
My friends will be traveling there as 2 adults and 2 kids. They told them that 4 people cant be in WV and a paid room upgrade is necessary. I thought a bunch of family stayed in WV. Is this new?

heres the email from Conrad

Please kindly noted that Maximum occupancy per Water Villa is 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child, we cannot accommodate 4 people in a Water Villa.

It is with great pleasure to offer a Hilton Honors members advance purchase discounted upgrade supplement, should you wish to enjoy your stay in one of below Villa Category.

2 adults and 2 children can accommodate in a Deluxe Beach Villa, Retreat Water Villa and Family Water Villa.

how old are the children? If they are over 12 maybe they dont allow more than 1 child with 2 adults?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

how old are the children? If they are over 12 maybe they dont allow more than 1 child with 2 adults?
13 yr old and 7 yr old. But the Hilton website consider 18+ adult so I thought it's ok but...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
Mine is much more expensive I'm a diamond member (if that makes any difference)

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD132.81 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
Did you check the price on Hilton.com? I made a comparison from WV to SWV after searching online on Hilton.com (login first), in my case from WV to SWV was $75 on HHonors so they matched that upgrade cost.

Is anybody at the resort at this moment?, I'm staying until Saturday, so far so good with only two complains. I saw so many pics from the canapes/mini sandwich during cocktail hour (4:30 to 5:30pm) but what they offer now is just 2 small pieces of dim sum/tempura/satay around 5:15pm (yesterday was at 5:30 before it was over), is so small they will fit two of each on one on a tea plate, plus the mocktail of the day is just a mixed fruit juice (water melon and something more) which has been the same 2 days in a row.

The other complain, I did't get any honeymoon anniversary decoration on my bed once we arrived, not a big deal (for me) but I have been getting that on my previous hotels and even a cake (Le Meridien Siem Reap), probably they forgot about it? I told them back in April on the same email I requested the upgrade option.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:12 pm

13 yr old and 7 yr old. But the Hilton website consider 18+ adult so I thought it's ok but...
In my opinion you have to decide how far you want to "push". If the website says it will accommodate 2 Adults/2 Children under 18+ then you should, pleasantly, point them to the website and ask them to honor that. From my experience, "adult" is around 15/26 in the hotel world, but your 13 year old should still be considered child.

In fairness to the hotel this may not be an attempt at getting more money from you. They know, much better than the website, what the room will accommodate. Perhaps a single roll-away is all that will work in that room. I am sure they speak from experience from previous guest comments/concerns.

But it never hurts to inquire further. The IHG Le Moana Beach Villas only show a max of two people on the website. But there was no issue having our 9 year old sleep on the couch, they made out each day.

TD
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
In my opinion you have to decide how far you want to "push". If the website says it will accommodate 2 Adults/2 Children under 18+ then you should, pleasantly, point them to the website and ask them to honor that. From my experience, "adult" is around 15/26 in the hotel world, but your 13 year old should still be considered child.

In fairness to the hotel this may not be an attempt at getting more money from you. They know, much better than the website, what the room will accommodate. Perhaps a single roll-away is all that will work in that room. I am sure they speak from experience from previous guest comments/concerns.

But it never hurts to inquire further. The IHG Le Moana Beach Villas only show a max of two people on the website. But there was no issue having our 9 year old sleep on the couch, they made out each day.

TD
I checked and the Hilton website states "The Water Villa measures 925 sq. ft. in size and sleeps up to 3 guests." So I guess I can't push it further.

But the Conrad Maldives website states "This villa sleeps three adults or two adults and two children"
https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/...ons/K1VFO.html

Conflicting information. I do not know which one is right maybe they are making a change to 3 guests policy.

Last edited by lincoln boy; Jan 9, 2019 at 12:58 pm Reason: Found another conflicting info
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:42 pm

No group of 4 has ever stayed in a WV, at least not in the history of this thread.

Originally Posted by wjnelson04
Quick question, what is the general consensus on the upgrading from a standard WV? Is it worth the extra $100 a night?
+1 to what others have said.
SWV is an excellent choice. See the section on Villa Selection in the wiki if you want to ask for the best one.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No group of 4 has ever stayed in a WV, at least not in the history of this thread.

+1 to what others have said.
SWV is an excellent choice. See the section on Villa Selection in the wiki if you want to ask for the best one.
No, thats not correct - a poster only posted up a few days ago about staying in a WV with their 2 children (oldest was 6). Im assuming thats why they were accommodated - two under 6 rather than one over 12 and one under 12 year old.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I was the person who stayed 20-27 December 2018 with 2 adults and 2 children in a WV. The kids were aged 5 and 8. There is a bit of a story behind it. I booked it a year in advance with points (28 Dec 2017) and at that time the WV description on the website stated 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Sometime in 2018, they changed it to 3 people max. I was informed that as I booked before the change, they would honor the booking for us. We were upgraded for 20-22 Dec to a FWV but had 5 days in the WV as booked. They managed to put 2 extra beds in for us, so it is certainly possible, although it does seem that this is no longer allowed. Others may have had a different experience, but this is what happened with us.

On an extra note, I find it interesting from the link posted to the Conrad site it now says "This villa sleeps three adults or two adults and two children. Children under 12 cannot be accommodated in over-water villas." -
There was at least one other family while we were there with a young child, so this seems either new or contradictory information.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
Would like input - I booked a OWV for 8 nights in May utilizing points and would like to somehow get a complimentary upgrade as a Lifetime Diamond member. My wife has already booked 8 days at the spa at over $300 each and will also book 3 - 4 over excursions on the island. Do you think I should communicate this in an e-mail when I inquire about upgrades or any suggestion on how to best approach?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:58 pm

Sorry, I should have said 4 under normal circumstances. This problem with the website is not new (BVs had the same contradiction) and a few years ago (probably on our trip in 2015) we enquired about 2+2 in a WV and it was not allowed. The thing is, even though the website says such, you cannot book it when you input the number of adults and children into the required fields and then search.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Sorry, I should have said 4 under normal circumstances. This problem with the website is not new (BVs had the same contradiction) and a few years ago (probably on our trip in 2015) we enquired about 2+2 in a WV and it was not allowed. The thing is, even though the website says such, you cannot book it when you input the number of adults and children into the required fields and then search.
Very true MaldivesFreak and to be fair, we did book it as 2 adults and 1 kid and added the extra child in the additional info section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.