Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond

well, with an non ios device its working after uploading it to google..

Last edited by aysoo; Jan 6, 2019 at 1:42 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:13 am

New behaviour at VILU for happy hour and afternoon tea. Bench blocking with Towel and bag 30min before and arriving at 10 past .
Entlish speaking European country
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
This is just a hypothetical/brainstorming situation at this stage; so can someone advise how this works;

When searching for a points booking for 1 villa / 4 adults; it offers Beach Villas (even though it clearly says 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children).

Now assuming 4 adults were allowed (excluding the enjoyment/privacy/etc factors) how does bedding work / any additional costs if using points etc?

And I assume only 2 adults per villa allowed the Diamond benefit, so the 3rd/4th adult will pay for everything.

Obviously, if using points we will try to get a paid upgrade to the FWV in this instance.

Now, trying to compare the above scenario versus just booking two villas (2 adults each) whereby both members are Diamonds and get all the benefits included, and which is 'better value'.

Thanks,
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

We are traveling with one 9 year old. Do they put a rollaway in there or a better bed? A night or two on a rollaway is OK, but I would think 9 days would be awful for anyone.

I see from the floor plan that you connect to the “kids room” via the bathroom. How is the walkway between the bath and room? Is it outside? We are going in July and understand it could downpour. Would hate for her to feel trapped in the middle of the night if she needed to use the bathroom.

We are admitted helicopter parents, but any security concerns? Can you lock the room?

Thanks
TD
The family water villa has 2 bedrooms which are connected by a hallway which is partially outside. However, it was still under the cover of the roof and has a 6ft or so wall on the outside, so it didn't get wet, at least when we were there. We left a small light on in the bathroom at night to make it easier for the kids to find their way, just in case. Not sure if you can lock the room, but it is not accessible from anywhere but the bathroom (which is attached to the master bedroom).

As for the OWV, the 2 extra beds were much more comfortable than most extra beds we have encountered on our travels. I have no complaints with both of the extra beds in the OWV.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
This is just a hypothetical/brainstorming situation at this stage; so can someone advise how this works;When searching for a points booking for 1 villa / 4 adults; it offers Beach Villas (even though it clearly says 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children).Now assuming 4 adults were allowed (excluding the enjoyment/privacy/etc factors) how does bedding work / any additional costs if using points etc? And I assume only 2 adults per villa allowed the Diamond benefit, so the 3rd/4th adult will pay for everything. Obviously, if using points we will try to get a paid upgrade to the FWV in this instance. Now, trying to compare the above scenario versus just booking two villas (2 adults each) whereby both members are Diamonds and get all the benefits included, and which is 'better value'.

Thanks,
I think your best ‘balance’ of cost vs. convience would be to book one room on points/free nights. Then pay for the upgrade to a FWV. The Family Villa seems to have enough room to enjoy company together and enough room to enjoy company apart.

If the room is booked with a Diamond member all 4 should get the benefits. Though I have had some resorts push a two person free breakfast rule. But if all 4 are Diamond a respectful conversation to the Concierge should get this waived.

Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by draxxusbg
As promised, here are the "Diamond" upgrade rates received for 3rd week of April.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD107.80 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD42.70 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD216.30 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD396.20 per night Inclusive of Tax

I counter offered $850 for 2x nights in Superior, 2x in DBV, 3x in RWV.. waiting for response.
We will be there around the same time in April 😊. Did they agree to your counter offer?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:34 pm

This is just a hypothetical/brainstorming situation at this stage; so can someone advise how this works;

When searching for a points booking for 1 villa / 4 adults; it offers Beach Villas (even though it clearly says 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children).

Now assuming 4 adults were allowed (excluding the enjoyment/privacy/etc factors) how does bedding work / any additional costs if using points etc?

And I assume only 2 adults per villa allowed the Diamond benefit, so the 3rd/4th adult will pay for everything.

Obviously, if using points we will try to get a paid upgrade to the FWV in this instance.

Now, trying to compare the above scenario versus just booking two villas (2 adults each) whereby both members are Diamonds and get all the benefits included, and which is 'better value'.

Thanks,
booking two rooms mean you require twice as many points or $$.
so, to me, getting one room to fit all 4 is a better value. esp if all are family members
the beach villa are big enough. if you need more space just upgrade to deluxe beach villa or something else.
this is assuming each of you dont need a huge personal bubble to avoid getting antsy at each other lol.
i assume the 3rd and 4th person would just have a daybed like kind of place to sleep in the common space.

now, if you are two couples, maybe you would think differently

I think your best ‘balance’ of cost vs. convience would be to book one room on points/free nights. Then pay for the upgrade to a FWV. The Family Villa seems to have enough room to enjoy company together and enough room to enjoy company apart.

If the room is booked with a Diamond member all 4 should get the benefits. Though I have had some resorts push a two person free breakfast rule. But if all 4 are Diamond a respectful conversation to the Concierge should get this waived.

for this particular property, i m pretty sure 3rd and 4th adult dont get benefits.
if there is only 3rd adult but no 4th person maybe they will close one eye and let it slide.
but not when there are extra 2 adults

i say, in this kind of scenario, just take turns to go to breakfast if you dont want to pay for the 3rd or 4th person.
tbh i dont really need breakfast everyday, esp if you are actively engaging in water sports and the last thing you want to do is to have a full belly before you embark on that.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yup and yup. I think there should be accompanying pics that show how the 2 beds are placed. Basically they are allowing an extra person in the FWVs, so there's a bit of a difference pricewise.
‘The Retreat Water Villa measures 1,614 sq. ft. in size and sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children less than 12 years.’ - From the Conrad Website. With our family 3 pack we “fit’ in the Retreat. Don’t need any extra people.

‘The Family Water Villa measures 1,615 sq. ft. in size and sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 4 adults.’ I could see this being a great option for two couples.

From previous posts people have asked for a bed to be moved in to the Retreat room. Do they still do that? If so, is it a real bed? I dont want to be a pain, or ‘“one of those customers”, but $500 a night is a huge difference.
Sorry, I forgot that I was quoted for 5 when I was enquiring about a FWV a couple of years ago. I forgot that 4 was the normal maximum. Anyway, regardless of that, they are pricing them somewhat higher as it's basically a suite at the property, i.e; there are 2 rooms. Technically the only other 2-bedroom villas are the BS, JBS and SunWVs.

Can someone tell me where the Beach Suites are located? I have looked through the WiKi, and may have missed it, but cant see where they are. Every Google search I have seen only shows Beach and Deluxe Beach Villa

Anyone have a video link to the Beach Suite? All the ones I have viewed are Beach Villas.
The BSes have the long, rectangular pools however if you have a look on the map

you'll see that there are a few villas with those long pools so unfortunately you can't get the exact position. However I know each unit of the BS has a long pool and are separated in the middle (up until the living area which is quite wide in itself) and aligned perfectly side by side so I'm thinking 229 & 230. The JBS is on the other side I think but I'm not sure about that one. I'll see if I can dig out the answer as I think I wrote it down somewhere.....
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:16 pm

Thanks,
4 adults are indeed allowed in a BV but remember that this does not apply for a WV*. For the BV, you'll pay an extra person fee for the 4th but that does include breakfast IINW. Contact the resort for the rates as they differ between seasons and the rate I had ($125++) for low and shoulder seasons might be out of date now. That means that in most, if not all cases, the 3rd adult will get breakfast comped if the room is booked with a Gold or Diamond account (and of course the person whose account it is stays in the room).
* If you want to book a WV to get the better upgrade rate to a FWV but you have 4 people the system won't let you. Book it with 3 then call the resort and confirm your upgrade and tell them a 4th guest will be coming.

At first glance best value looks to be a single room, however it might depend on your spend and possibly other factors. You should consider 2 BVs or WVs (each under a different HH account) if;
1. there are 4 adults who are going to be spending more than say 15k (pre taxes) on incidentals combined (no use wasting those base points if you go over 10k)
2. if you've bought the points for half price
3. there's a triple points promo or something else equally lucrative going while you are there.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
New behaviour at VILU for happy hour and afternoon tea. Bench blocking with Towel and bag 30min before and arriving at 10 past .
Entlish speaking European country
Speaking of which, there's a recent review on TA which says
Food and drink is expensive so that hasn't changed but we have noticed a few changes that we didn't quite enjoy. There was always a nice selection of sandwiches and cake during afternoon tea however this has changed and where before you helped yourself it is now been served to you. I found this a little cheap by the Conrad Hotel as this resort is not cheap and you would expect this not to change.
Reviewer has been there three times so you'd think what he / she has said would be correct. Any comments from anyone to confirm or deny?

BTW, thanks for the pics. ^
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Reviewer has been there three times so you'd think what he / she has said would be correct. Any comments from anyone to confirm or deny?

I know they were doing it when we were there last year, but reviews on TA since then have stated they went back to the old way of helping yourself-- interesting to see if this is a 1 off or a new normal.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thank you all for your input re: my hypothetical. At this stage, I might book 3 adults in a WV and see what the paid upgrade to the FWV is and then add the 4th adult.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:06 pm

Technically the only other 2-bedroom villas are the BS, JBS and SunWVs.
That is a challenge we are working through with Conrad Maldives. We ran in to the same issue at Conrad BB. For us, it is nice to have seperate sleeping areas.

Thanks for all your answers
TD
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:25 am

at VILU from 4-5pm is still buffet style. One vegetarian option and meat/fish option plus 4 different cakes and scones .
Tea and water
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by aysoo

Can you tell me approximately from outside which villa this was taken from? Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.