Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toocool17
Currently on my 3rd day of 7, having an amazing time. Thanks to everyone for providing so much helpful information. If anyone has any questions about the resort, let me know. And I can try to find the answer for you.
Nice. So we share the seaplane on 10th maybe
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
Regarding Muraka, official price was 35mio USD . Staff however mentioned twice it was 50+ mio
You mean mil, not mio. And The Muraka is 50k a night, not 250k.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jan 5, 2019 at 8:46 pm Reason: Added quote
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:36 pm

Mio fair point. The offer I have is for 250k however I just noticed it's for several nights

THE MURAKA is a unique residence that is hyper-personalised to the guest’s preferences, and as such, the price is determined on consultation with THE MURAKA personnel team. As an example, a multi night experience includes many benefits, which begin at the airport itself, with VIP CIP immigration and customs clearance, followed by an exclusive and private seaplane journey. Whilst at the residence, the dedicated butlers take care of all needs around the clock. A private speedboat is provided to guests along with exclusive use of the resort’s yachts. This is just a snapshot of inclusions and an experience such as this is valued in the vicinity of USD 250,000
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by toocool17
Currently on my 3rd day of 7, having an amazing time. Thanks to everyone for providing so much helpful information. If anyone has any questions about the resort, let me know. And I can try to find the answer for you.
If you could take pics of the beach areas on both sides of the main island that would help a lot. I could update my Beach Erosion post. TIA and enjoy the rest of your stay!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:55 pm

A private speedboat is provided to guests along with exclusive use of the resort’s yachts.
Interesting that they include use of the yachts. So I suppose the secret Diamond cruise and other excursions will be cancelled / won't be available if they book the yacht. I wonder what will happen if normal guests book a cruise and then Muraka's guests want to use the Rangali Raani. Will they tell us plebs to just suck it up?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
The family water villa was amazing and the kids had there own room.They put 2 extra beds in the room which. Obviously, the main concern for a parent is the decking and how safe it is for children.
We are traveling with one 9 year old. Do they put a rollaway in there or a better bed? A night or two on a rollaway is OK, but I would think 9 days would be awful for anyone.

I see from the floor plan that you connect to the “kids room” via the bathroom. How is the walkway between the bath and room? Is it outside? We are going in July and understand it could downpour. Would hate for her to feel trapped in the middle of the night if she needed to use the bathroom.

We are admitted helicopter parents, but any security concerns? Can you lock the room?

Thanks
TD

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:16 pm

The FWVs have fixed, proper beds.

Just checked my video that I took of the RWV. The walkway is only about 3m long, 4 at the most, and covered all the way on the top by the thatched roof. It has a 2m-tall privacy wall on the side facing the pier (where you walk along to access all the RWVs) and a 1m-high privacy wall the other side (facing the ocean). This privacy wall is roughly half the length of the wakway whereas the higher wall goes the whole length. The wind can be felt if it's blowing a gale but it's very sheltered. The doors are all lockable and you'd have to ask for keys. If you want the video I can compress it and send it to you via email or host it externally so you can download it.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:20 pm

Mio fair point. The offer I have is for 250k however I just noticed it's for several nights

THE MURAKA is a unique residence that is hyper-personalised to the guest’s preferences, and as such, the price is determined on consultation with THE MURAKA personnel team. As an example, a multi night experience includes many benefits, which begin at the airport itself, with VIP CIP immigration and customs clearance, followed by an exclusive and private seaplane journey. Whilst at the residence, the dedicated butlers take care of all needs around the clock. A private speedboat is provided to guests along with exclusive use of the resort’s yachts. This is just a snapshot of inclusions and an experience such as this is valued in the vicinity of USD 250,000
Do you get 5th night free? If so, 5 nights for $200K USD would be a real steal!

Think the Citi Prestige would do 4th night free?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Do you get 5th night free? If so, 5 nights for $200K USD would be a real steal!

Think the Citi Prestige would do 4th night free?
ROFL!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The FWVs have fixed, proper beds.

Just checked my video that I took of the RWV. The walkway is only about 3m long, 4 at the most, and covered all the way on the top by the thatched roof. It has a 2m-tall privacy wall on the side facing the pier (where you walk along to access all the RWVs) and a 1m-high privacy wall the other side (facing the ocean). This privacy wall is roughly half the length of the wakway whereas the higher wall goes the whole length. The wind can be felt if it's blowing a gale but it's very sheltered. The doors are all lockable and you'd have to ask for keys. If you want the video I can compress it and send it to you via email or host it externally so you can download it.
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds safe and could work for us.

Next question....

What is the difference between the Retreat Villa and Family Villa? I just pulled the floorplans up on the Conrad website. They look identical, as far as I can tell from the website. The only difference shows the Retreat with two massage tables and the Family has two beds.

The only significant difference I see is the price. From a random Conrad website search the Family is $1738 and the Retreat is $1275. I am going to book a free night/points stay and upgrade, but would assume the cash upgrade prices would show a similar difference.

Do do they really charge that much of a differnce for a furniture difference?

TD

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:44 pm

Yup and yup. I think there should be accompanying pics that show how the 2 beds are placed. Basically they are allowing an extra person in the FWVs, so there's a bit of a difference pricewise.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yup and yup. I think there should be accompanying pics that show how the 2 beds are placed. Basically they are allowing an extra person in the FWVs, so there's a bit of a difference pricewise.
‘The Retreat Water Villa measures 1,614 sq. ft. in size and sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children less than 12 years.’ - From the Conrad Website. With our family 3 pack we “fit’ in the Retreat. Don’t need any extra people.

‘The Family Water Villa measures 1,615 sq. ft. in size and sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 4 adults.’ I could see this being a great option for two couples.

From previous posts people have asked for a bed to be moved in to the Retreat room. Do they still do that? If so, is it a real bed? I dont want to be a pain, or ‘“one of those customers”, but $500 a night is a huge difference.

Guess we we could have her sleep on the two massage tables

Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:15 pm

Can someone tell me where the Beach Suites are located? I have looked through the WiKi, and may have missed it, but cant see where they are. Every Google search I have seen only shows Beach and Deluxe Beach Villa

Anyone have a video link to the Beach Suite? All the ones I have viewed are Beach Villas.

Thanks
TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jan 6, 2019 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:50 am

Sunrise side
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:08 am

Uploading

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.