Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I cannot remember because it's been a while, but is it normal that they haven't been in touch just 10 days before (about arranging seaplane, etc.)?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I cannot remember because it's been a while, but is it normal that they haven't been in touch just 10 days before (about arranging seaplane, etc.)?
Hi, Moli contacted us 6 weeks before our stay regarding our flight times. Maybe you should contact her yourself? [email protected]
If they "lost" your reservation, you can sleep on our sunbeds .
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:59 pm

Pic of The Muraka

This is an interesting view of The Muraka: https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res..._aerial002.jpg
I think the hatch on the left in the open water is the emergency exit hatch. Does anyone know where inside the suite it's located?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
This is an interesting view of The Muraka: https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res..._aerial002.jpg
I think the hatch on the left in the open water is the emergency exit hatch. Does anyone know where inside the suite it's located?
It's at the far end of the master bedroom.

What you see to the right of it under water is the master bedroom and bathroom.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Wiki is correct as of the beginning of November. Not sure when it changed, but that was the times for my stay.
Received the info this past weekend about a stay in early February next year. Appears either old info or they are changing the hours back again to what they were previously.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Hope it goes back to 5 p.m.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Hope it goes back to 5 p.m.
As of mid Dec its still 4:30pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
What time change is this? Are they not an hour ahead of Malé anymore?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:47 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
What time change is this? Are they not an hour ahead of Malé anymore?
poster was talking about rumored change of happy hour times at Vilu
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Could anybody tell me about the options available at Atoll Market for dinner? We never actually had dinner there during our previous stays but wondering if it is prob more kid friendly than the other restaurants (other than Rangali Bar). Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:45 pm

Most definitely. They will go nuts at the selection. There are 8 sections, and to do it justice it is probably best described on their website: https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/...ll-market.html
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
There was some discussion a few post back about the Rangali burger. I appreciate it’s miles and miles off topic, but I happen to be in Chicago today - heard a place named Au Cheval was supposed to do amazing burgers. Have just had one there, and there surely can’t be a burger that good anywhere in the world.

(Back on topic - we often eat in Rangali Bar, and my personal experience is the burgers seem to come in 2 quite distinct Russian roulette versions there: either as described on the menu and really good, or something that looks nothing like the normal one and are dreadful - the patty looking suspiciously like it’s come out of a frozen 48 pack rather than anything wagu like when you get their other version.)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Splotly
There was some discussion a few post back about the Rangali burger. I appreciate it’s miles and miles off topic, but I happen to be in Chicago today - heard a place named Au Cheval was supposed to do amazing burgers. Have just had one there, and there surely can’t be a burger that good anywhere in the world.

(Back on topic - we often eat in Rangali Bar, and my personal experience is the burgers seem to come in 2 quite distinct Russian roulette versions there: either as described on the menu and really good, or something that looks nothing like the normal one and are dreadful - the patty looking suspiciously like it’s come out of a frozen 48 pack rather than anything wagu like when you get their other version.)
The burger I ordered from room service resembled meatloaf. I had no desire to give it another shot after that, but hope someone shares the secret to the good burger.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:15 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Could anybody tell me about the options available at Atoll Market for dinner? We never actually had dinner there during our previous stays but wondering if it is prob more kid friendly than the other restaurants (other than Rangali Bar). Thanks!
When it comes to small kids, the only really kid friendly spot is Rangali bar. The key to feeding small kids is speed. You have 60min max in my experience so you need somewhere that can get food out fast. The live music helps distract them a little also. The other key is early dining. Atoll Mkt does not open until 7pm so kids are already getting grumpy and tired, especially if they are up since sunrise like mine. The other solution is room service, followed by baby sitter so adults can enjoy the other options.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Splotly
I suppose we can count ourselves lucky then because we've ordered it a few times and never had the 'Wagyu-out-of-stock' version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.