Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by lizakramer
Hi Pineapple - I am flying Qatar DOH-MLE this Thursday (8:25am departure) and the aircraft is showing QSuites. If you have not already done so, you should check out the Qatar Airways board on FT - there is an entire thread dedicated to the QSuites discussion. If you'd like my feedback, please PM me and let me know if you have any specific questions.
That's awesome. I was hoping for it when I took the same ride this past week, however I had the regular ride, which was still really comfortable with outstanding service. First time on QR and will not be the last. Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am at Conrad Rangali right now and am grateful for all the useful info in this thread. Just a quick update on the lobster and champagne evening: Last Saturday it was held in a big tent on the beach rather than outside due to the weather. We had not booked and had dinner elsewehere - but I guess the experience in the tent is somewhat different from the beach al fresco.

BTW: Any recent info on the manager’s reception? It is Tuesday today and no invitation to be seen, at least not for this lowly point-spending HHD...

Last edited by Dachshund; Nov 13, 2018 at 6:33 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Qsuites is not coming till next Feb for this route, however the current setup is more than comfortable for the flight. Out of the three I would stick with Qatar, especially if you have AA miles to burn. We did take the 20:20 flight and did not use the Conrad lounge as it does not have much more to offer than the airport lounge. Luckily we had a later seaplane and were not in the airport all that long.
No AA miles at all to burn, purchasing with cash hence why I want to pick the better option out of the three (Qatar, Emirates, Etihad)! Looking to travel in 2019 so may get to experience Qsuites then. What time seaplane did you get on when leaving Rangali? You mentioned you stayed in a DBV - was that one of the upgraded ones?

Originally Posted by lizakramer
Hi Pineapple - I am flying Qatar DOH-MLE this Thursday (8:25am departure) and the aircraft is showing QSuites. If you have not already done so, you should check out the Qatar Airways board on FT - there is an entire thread dedicated to the QSuites discussion. If you'd like my feedback, please PM me and let me know if you have any specific questions.
That would be great! Thanks liza, I would love your feedback.

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Use of the lounge upon departure is not complimentary for anyone--even diamond members--anymore. If you want it, you must pay the supplement. And it's normally only open until 6PM.
6pm? Oh! I thought it was open until much later than that (but you must pay of course).

Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
6pm? Oh! I thought it was open until much later than that (but you must pay of course).
I'm not sure there really is a standard anymore. If some combination of the following is true...

1. You pay the supplement
2. You are a sufficiently important guest
3. Your departing flight is sufficiently late
4. The person you ask is in a good mood

...then you may be able to use the lounge on departure, perhaps even after 6PM.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:20 am

Is the congratulations dinner still free? I noted it was my honeymoon when I inquired about it and was quoted 199 per person...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rox0825
Is the congratulations dinner still free? I noted it was my honeymoon when I inquired about it and was quoted 199 per person...
I had asked about honeymoon benefits recently to the resort and this is the response I got:

Honeymoon Benefits
Please present your wedding certificate of less than 12 months to us upon arrival at the resort in order to be entitled to our honeymoon benefits. The benefits include
a)Honeymoon bed decoration with local flowers
b)One romantic 3 course set menu dinner at Mandhoo Restaurant excluding beverages.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:13 pm

Question on excursions...in the Wiki there is a PDF to the excursion brochure. One is a day sail on Rangali Raani...it is listed as "Day Cruise on Rangali Raani $350"

Does anyone know how many people can attend a private sail? and is it priced for the boat, or is it $350 per person? We are travelling with 2 other couples (6 adults total) and trying to decide options for different tours. Can't seem to find anything on this in the Wiki or searching the thread. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:44 pm

Of course it's $350++ per person. I think it's 20 pax max. There is a minimum as well but you're 6 so no problems there.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Nov 15, 2018 at 11:03 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by toocool17
I had asked about honeymoon benefits recently to the resort and this is the response I got:

Honeymoon Benefits
Please present your wedding certificate of less than 12 months to us upon arrival at the resort in order to be entitled to our honeymoon benefits. The benefits include
a)Honeymoon bed decoration with local flowers
b)One romantic 3 course set menu dinner at Mandhoo Restaurant excluding beverages.
I asked about it and one person replied and said I had to show my marriage certificate and they would arrange the dinner. Then another person replied and said I was not eligible since you need to stay at least 4 nights for the free dinner...anyone know if this is a new requirement? I feel like they should honor it since a different person told me they would arrange it.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:54 am

This forum has provided us with great information!
We are traveling to the Conrad Maldives from 12/22-12/27 with our 13 and 11 year old kids and staying in a Family Water Villa for our 20th wedding anniversary.
Couples of questions:

1) Any specific FWV we should request?
2) What restaurants do you recommend booking for dinner that the tween/teen kids will like too? We'll be there for 5 nights.
3) Any excursions that you loved? We want to maximize time on the resort but would like to explore a little. None of us are avid snorkelers.
4) I know the complimentary breakfast for Diamond is just two people, but what about the Happy Hour at Vilu- will they allow the 4 of us there?
5) Are there games and activities at the resort for kids? My son is 13 so too old for the Kids Club. Not sure they'll allow him there.

Thanks so much in advance for any help or tips!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zjnea
4) I know the complimentary breakfast for Diamond is just two people, but what about the Happy Hour at Vilu- will they allow the 4 of us there?
5) Are there games and activities at the resort for kids? My son is 13 so too old for the Kids Club. Not sure they'll allow him there.
4) we have only one child and never paid anything for her breakfast, so I assume you would not be charged for your kids.
Definitely no issues at Afternoon Tea / Happy Hour for 2 adults + 2 children.

5) All kinds of activities at the water sports center come to mind. I don't think it's a question of whether they would allow him, but whether a 13-year old would find anything of interest at the kids club. Most of their activities are aimed at younger kids.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by zjnea
1) Any specific FWV we should request?
2) What restaurants do you recommend booking for dinner that the tween/teen kids will like too? We'll be there for 5 nights.
3) Any excursions that you loved? We want to maximize time on the resort but would like to explore a little. None of us are avid snorkelers.
1. There are 7 of them, 401, 402, 403, 406, 407, 410 & 413. Sunset side are odd numbers except 401. Sunrise side are the evens + 401. I'd advise to pick based on whether you want sunset views or sunrise views as there's not much else to consider. Don't count on them assigning you what side you want though as there are only a few villas per side and it will be very difficult for the reservations department to pull off, especially over the Festive Season.

2. Atoll Market and do a beach dinner as well. Ufaa's hot pot would be another choice. The Cheese Fondue is also fun for kids.

3. Do the Deserted Island Picnic and the Sunset Fishing. The kids will definitely will love them and they're excellent value for money.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:08 am

I'll only be staying at the Conrad for 3 nights. I have reservation sat the Cheese and Wine Bar (tapas) and Ithaa for Wed and Thurs nights. Any recommendations for Tuesday night dinner?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by rox0825
I'll only be staying at the Conrad for 3 nights. I have reservation sat the Cheese and Wine Bar (tapas) and Ithaa for Wed and Thurs nights. Any recommendations for Tuesday night dinner?
I would do something low key if you are arriving on Tuesday. If we were to return, we'd probably skip dinner the first night.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
1. There are 7 of them, 401, 402, 403, 406, 407, 410 & 413. Sunset side are odd numbers except 401. Sunrise side are the evens + 401. I'd advise to pick based on whether you want sunset views or sunrise views as there's not much else to consider. Don't count on them assigning you what side you want though as there are only a few villas per side and it will be very difficult for the reservations department to pull off, especially over the Festive Season.

2. Atoll Market and do a beach dinner as well. Ufaa's hot pot would be another choice. The Cheese Fondue is also fun for kids.

3. Do the Deserted Island Picnic and the Sunset Fishing. The kids will definitely will love them and they're excellent value for money.
Thanks so much for the replies! One more question: anyone have any input on the photographer packages? I just got the packet and there are so many options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.