Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:34 pm

They have plenty of them, a couple in each room but if you want more just call housekeeping and they will drop them off.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:53 am

Just saw on the hotel website that the Muraka is now open. We are heading there next week (water villa, NOT the Muraka!). I'm curious to see how Muraka fits in location-wise...if I can get some decent aerial photos, I will share here.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by lizakramer
Just saw on the hotel website that the Muraka is now open. We are heading there next week (water villa, NOT the Muraka!). I'm curious to see how Muraka fits in location-wise...if I can get some decent aerial photos, I will share here.
Anybody brave enough to call the award desk and ask how many points per night?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Anybody brave enough to call the award desk and ask how many points per night?
LOL. Not it!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lizakramer
If I recall correctly it opened up on Nov 1st. There was certainly activity there all week, and it did not look like work was going on. As one employee put it, the room looks like a shoebox from a distance. It stands out like a sore thumb due to the bright white color, a stark contrast from all the other buildings on property. They should either paint it or clad it with wood to make it blend in better, IMO.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
It stands out like a sore thumb due to the bright white color, a stark contrast from all the other buildings on property. They should either paint it or clad it with wood to make it blend in better, IMO.
Agree. Maybe even light blue so it blends in with the water.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

If I recall correctly it opened up on Nov 1st. There was certainly activity there all week, and it did not look like work was going on. As one employee put it, the room looks like a shoebox from a distance. It stands out like a sore thumb due to the bright white color, a stark contrast from all the other buildings on property. They should either paint it or clad it with wood to make it blend in better, IMO.
haha really? i thought the white makes it look clean, contemporary and sleek.
i m afraid if you paint it blue , it will blend too well and a boat may drive into it if the sun is in the eyes

Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rox0825
I was quoted the following prices for my upcoming stay:
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - USD80+ taxes per night
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD280+ taxes per night
Just do the SWV. We had that for half our stay and it was perfect.

The DBV is pretty phenomenal as well. Different experience from the SWV entirely, however I think my wife liked the DBV over the SWV.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Bcacho
Nope- we just realized after Maldivian night that we just don’t eat enough at dinner to make a buffet worth it.....
I agree with you 100%. My wife and I did the Lobster & Champagne dinner and although it was very romantic on the beach and the food and drinks were excellent, our dinner appetites were just not significant enough to get value out of it. On the other hand, our champagne thirst was sufficient to enjoy a few bottles of the good stuff so we didn't feel like the value was overly disproportionate [just a little disproportionate] (the problem with that though was the hangover the next day ).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
haha really? i thought the white makes it look clean, contemporary and sleek.
It does. Problem is it doesn't match the rest of the resort. That kind of design is more suited to somewhere like Diamonds Thudufushi.

Originally Posted by gnomey
i m afraid if you paint it blue , it will blend too well and a boat may drive into it if the sun is in the eyes
That's the intention. That way you can test the structural integrity.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Curious thoughts on this experience. Are there plenty of proteins on tap?

Also, gold/diamond happy hour at Vilu is currently 4:30-5-30, not 5-6 as listed in the wiki.
Yes, plenty of protein at Maldivian night. In terms of the other question about happy hour.Tea Food - you have the small buffet of sweets/sandwiches at tea from 4-5, then at 5:00, you get brought a small plate of appetizers for the happy hour....
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It does. Problem is it doesn't match the rest of the resort. That kind of design is more suited to somewhere like Diamonds Thudufushi.

That's the intention. That way you can test the structural integrity.
haha i get what you are saying now - looks odd and mismatched with the rest of the Conrad theme

I guess it is the only contemporary looking building there
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:02 pm

Currently at the Conrad on a 6 night stay. We leave on Sunday.

We were originally in a water villa for 3 nights, and supposed to switch to a beach villa. After the 2nd night, we thought, “let’s just ask if we can stay in the water villa so we don’t have to pack up.” The Hilton app said there were rooms available on points.

Unfortunately, they needed our room. But they did upgrade us for free to a spa water villa! Personally, I wouldn’t pay for an upgrade. I really liked our last water villa. It was an end unit, didn’t face any other rooms, and was close to happy hour, and I still had direct access to the ocean. I was very pleased with it, and now getting to experience multiple water villas, I still don’t think I’d pay the extra money to upgrade. Just being over the water is fantastic!

We are currently using the 2nd room in the spa water villa as our closet where we put our suitcases and change into our clothes 😂

Great resort! First time, and already planning a return visit with the parents.

Also, our neighbor tried flying his drone today. We called the front desk, and other neighbors had already complained and security was at their door within minutes to take care of the problem. 👍

Last edited by PowerMan572; Nov 9, 2018 at 3:42 am
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Is the sub back in action? From one of the latest TA reviews
hilton has a submarine? is it the big one where you are inside confined space or the individual helmet like submarine suit where you walk on seabed yourself?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bcacho

Yes, plenty of protein at Maldivian night. In terms of the other question about happy hour.Tea Food - you have the small buffet of sweets/sandwiches at tea from 4-5, then at 5:00, you get brought a small plate of appetizers for the happy hour....

i also want to try the weekly Maldivian night affair on Monday but also had the same concern - whether can I eat my money’s worth lol. I love spice and fish and all.

Perhaps I have to fast all day or something lol

is there any way to eat the food offered at Maldivian night but pay ala carte price? I guess none of the restaurants on property offer the similar kind of food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.