Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:53 pm

Yes, the fondue is indeed flexible, however they won't do it if they have a booking for Cheese & Tapas on the same night.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Just met two folks who both had free upgrades to RWV....one from a BV! Both first timers, one Gold, one Diamond. And I thought the $216 per night i paid was a bargain! Though I know for a fact that there were no RWV available on the night we checked in, so highly doubt they would have moved us for a free diamond UG.

Maldivian night was great last night.....
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:20 am

If staying in SWV - what would be the best villa # to request (subject to availability of course) if great snorkeling, great unobstructed view and relative privacy are the most important factors? #339 ?
Also - what's "not to be missed" on the list of activities they offer?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Originally Posted by Bcacho
Just met two folks who both had free upgrades to RWV....one from a BV! Both first timers, one Gold, one Diamond. And I thought the $216 per night i paid was a bargain! Though I know for a fact that there were no RWV available on the night we checked in, so highly doubt they would have moved us for a free diamond UG.

Maldivian night was great last night.....
What do they serve exactly on Maldivian night? I've seen it mentioned before, but never specifically what exactly they serve.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by in4tar
If staying in SWV - what would be the best villa # to request (subject to availability of course) if great snorkeling, great unobstructed view and relative privacy are the most important factors? #339 ?
Wiki: Villa Selection: Superior Water Villas
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Dettmann1
What do they serve exactly on Maldivian night? I've seen it mentioned before, but never specifically what exactly they serve.
Admittedly this is from about 3 years ago but I doubt they've changed it that much;
* local salad selection (pumpkin tuna salad, coconut drumstick salad, Maldivian rocket leaves with local fish salad etc)
* grill station with local fish, chicken fillet, beef fillet, whole roasted lamp spit, Maldivian short section
* Maldivian bread section
* six different curries in the corner

I think the major recent change is that local ladies cook / prepare dishes in front of you whereas they didn't at that time.

@Bcacho, would you be able to confirm this if it's not too much trouble as I would like to add it to the wiki. Thanks. And glad you enjoyed it!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 30, 2018 at 11:51 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
To this day I crave the Maldivian fish curry I had for breakfast one morning at Vilu.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Admittedly this is from about 3 years ago but I doubt they've changed it that much;
* local salad selection (pumpkin tuna salad, coconut drumstick salad, Maldivian rocket leaves with local fish salad etc)
* grill station with local fish, chicken fillet, beef fillet, whole roasted lamp spit, Maldivian short section
* Maldivian bread section
* six different curries in the corner

I think the major recent change is that local ladies cook / prepare dishes in front of you whereas they didn't at that time.

@Bcacho, would you be able to confirm this if it's not too much trouble as I would like to add it to the wiki. Thanks. And glad you enjoyed it!
they didnt cook anything in front of you - but they do have an outdoor BBQ cooking meat, shrimp, and Chicken per Maldivesfreak. Overall, the meal was awesome! Tons of curries and salads. Amazing breads. Great desserts too. I highly recommend it.....
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:47 pm

First Timers to Conrad Maldives

First timers headed to the Conrad Maldives over New Years. Would appreciate any suggestions on how far in advance we should book excursions and restaurants? Also, any feedback on how New Years Eve festivities work would be helpful - does it include any hard liquor or just champagne? Wondering if I am going to need a 2nd on the house for scotch that night (Ha Ha)
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:23 am

Hi there. There has been a bit of talk on this thread recently about booking restaurants. 2-3 days for both restaurants and excursions is enough except for Ithaa which you should book at least a week out, preferably 2.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks like the completion date for the DBV renovations has been re-re-adjusted to November 15. Perfect timing for my arrival a week later!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:41 am

I'd bet it was a typo courtesy of Hilton IT.

Have to adjust the wiki again, damn it. They should pay me for this.....

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 31, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Hi there. There has been a bit of talk on this thread recently about booking restaurants. 2-3 days for both restaurants and excursions is enough except for Ithaa which you should book at least a week out, preferably 2.
We have been able to kook everything with about two days notices.....even Ithaa has been available multiple nights this week within that time frame.....
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:40 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by goliath
I will post more info on the DBV renovations in a later post, together with some pics.

Regarding the DBV pool shapes, see this pic I posted a while ago:

If I counted correctly, you should have the long rectangular pools at DBVs 125,127,128,129,134 (lagoon side) and 223,227,229,230 (reef side).

Pool sizes and shapes will not be changed as part of the renovations.
Patiently waiting for those DBV impressions
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, apologies - real life has taken over in the 10 days since we returned home...

I should find the time to post those pics this weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.