Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Thanks

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
3AM?! Ouch. What a shame. So, on to more pleasant things. This evening have dinner at Atoll Market or Rangali Bar and relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

I suggest the following evening meals;
Mon: Cheese Fondue (at the Wine & Cheese Bar, need to book ASAP)
Tue: Dinner at Mandhoo (note that this restaurant is closed Mondays)
Wed: Fisherman's BBQ (fantastic beach BBQ, $235++)
Thu: Dinner at Vilu (note that this restaurant is closed Wednesdays & Saturdays)
Fri: Dinner at Ithaa (need to book ASAP, I put this on Friday as you may have trouble booking a table earlier)
Sat: DInner at Sunset Grill (or do the Champagne & Lobster beach dinner: $260++ if the Fisherman's BBQ is rained out)

Other options;
* Koko Grill also an option and is only closed on Wednesdays due to it being at the same location as the Fisherman's BBQ. If the Fisherman's BBQ is rained out you might be able to do this (if the wind is not too strong).
* Lunch at Mandhoo is also great and they feed the fish there at 1:30 every lunchtime

I've bolded the restaurants that you should not miss out on.
Enjoy!
Thanks a ton - we were toying with the Maldivian night tonight....have you done that before?. My wife is not a huge fondue person and was interested in trying the local food, but would definitely do the fondue if it were unmissable.

Do you prefer The Fisherman’s over the lobster and Champaigne? My wife LOVES lobster and has a fear of missing out if we attended the firshermans. Is there plenty of lobster there as well? Otherwise, this seems spot on!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Bcacho

Thanks a ton - we were toying with the Maldivian night tonight....have you done that before?. My wife is not a huge fondue person and was interested in trying the local food, but would definitely do the fondue if it were unmissable.

Do you prefer The Fisherman’s over the lobster and Champaigne? My wife LOVES lobster and has a fear of missing out if we attended the firshermans. Is there plenty of lobster there as well? Otherwise, this seems spot on!
Plenty of all you can eat lobster at Fisherman’s. The menus are essentially identical with the exception of free flow champagne vs. free flow beer and wine at Fisherman’s. I prefer the location of Fisherman at the deluxe water villa to the lobsters and champagne which is at the quiet zone.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:12 pm

Sold!

Originally Posted by Michael19887

Plenty of all you can eat lobster at Fisherman’s. The menus are essentially identical with the exception of free flow champagne vs. free flow beer and wine at Fisherman’s. I prefer the location of Fisherman at the deluxe water villa to the lobsters and champagne which is at the quiet zone.
Ughh...no fisherman’s this week...because of Halloween....
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bcacho
we were toying with the Maldivian night tonight....have you done that before?. My wife is not a huge fondue person and was interested in trying the local food, but would definitely do the fondue if it were unmissable.
Many people rave about the fondue but the Maldivian Night is great too (we've been once) so why not do that and you'll both be happy. The food is spicy though so if you don't like hot food you might want to re-think it.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:10 am

Wed: Fisherman's BBQ (fantastic beach BBQ, $235++)
Thu: Dinner at Vilu (note that this restaurant is closed Wednesdays & Saturdays)
Fri: Dinner at Ithaa (need to book ASAP, I put this on Friday as you may have trouble booking a table earlier)
Sat: DInner at Sunset Grill (or do the Champagne & Lobster beach dinner: $260++ if the Fisherman's BBQ is rained out)
Since you're probably going to do the Champagne & Lobster beach dinner on Saturday, you'll miss out on Sunset Grill. Try to get a table there for Wednesday as you don't wanna miss that one out. Get there really early and grab the table closest to the shore on the sunset side. Either that or the table next to it.

Originally Posted by JRV62
Has anyone done the Whale shark excursion through them, is it worth it? I don't remember the price and I know there is no guarantee of seeing any-- is there a better likelihood of seeing them certain parts of the year, we are returning in early April.
This is raved about on TA. Never heard any legitimate complaints about it.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:26 am

Since you're probably going to do the Champagne & Lobster beach dinner on Saturday, you'll miss out on Sunset Grill. Try to get a table there for Wednesday as you don't wanna miss that one out. Get there really early and grab the table closest to the shore on the sunset side. Either that or the table next to it.

This is raved about on TA. Never heard any legitimate complaints about it.
OK, its a plan...thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JRV62
Has anyone done the Whale shark excursion through them, is it worth it? I don't remember the price and I know there is no guarantee of seeing any-- is there a better likelihood of seeing them certain parts of the year, we are returning in early April.
Thanks!
Just as an aside when I went at the end of December 2016 we didn't see any (apparently none sighted for a week or two at the time).

However we did still see plenty of marine life with sea turtles, dolphins and flying fish being highlights. We stopped off at Manta Point on the way back but no manta sightings there either.

It was still an enjoyable day out on the boat and I will most likely roll the dice when we go to Rangali again next year.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Leaving next week for a seven night stay as HHD. I have been following this thread regularly and notice the tendency to small cut-backs. The resort web site is no longer listing breakfast at the Vilu as a Gold/Diamond benefit. Is this new or just a web site missing info?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Dachshund
Leaving next week for a seven night stay as HHD. I have been following this thread regularly and notice the tendency to small cut-backs. The resort web site is no longer listing breakfast at the Vilu as a Gold/Diamond benefit. Is this new or just a web site missing info?

I am here now and Breakfast at Vilu still an option....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:41 pm

The benefit section of the wiki now has a note with bolded and red text and looks like this;

Gold and Diamond Benefits:
NOTE: THIS PART OF THE WIKI IS 100% UP-TO-DATE. THE HILTON / CONRAD WEBSITE IS NOT UP-TO-DATE (and has not been for years)! Please read carefully before posting questions in this thread about Gold and Diamond Benefits! Thank you!

Free Breakfast. Available at both Atoll and Vilu restaurants for two guests per room. Breakfast can be provided in room and incurs a tray/delivery charge of $15++
• blah
• blah
• blah.....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
NOTE: THIS PART OF THE WIKI IS 100% UP-TO-DATE. THE HILTON / CONRAD WEBSITE IS NOT UP-TO-DATE (and has not been for years)! Please read carefully before posting questions in this thread about Gold and Diamond Benefits! Thank you!
Free Breakfast. Available at both Atoll and Vilu restaurants for two guests per room. Breakfast can be provided in room and incurs a tray/delivery charge of $15++
Thanks, message very clear and understood

Another question: We departure from MLE on a late flight (MLE-IST) and will have several hours to kill. We do not mind exploring things on our own - or should we opt for the tour of Malé offered bo Conrad? Last visit for me was 25 years ago and it is perhaps time for an update of the developments in the capital. We'd rather take the ferry or visit an airport hotel for dinner than spending time in the Conrad lounge or PP lounge. Any recent experiences?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:52 pm

Well, there is a museum there but really not a lot else to see. I suppose it's gotten a lot more crowded and uglier (at least from the air) than it was 25 years ago. You could try a local restaurant and some local dishes to 'spice it up', though.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
I'm a lurker of this thread for along time, and thanks to helpful information, I'm finally going to be at OVW from Dec 15- Dec 21. A big shoutout to @MaldivesFreak , thanks to you for our upcoming trip to the paradise. We're thinking of splitting our stay between DBV and OVW 3-3 nights at both.
Quick question, we'll be arriving Male at 4:30 PM local time, does that mean we've to take short flight and speed boat? or there's a chance we can still make to Seaplane? Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mgodara
Quick question, we'll be arriving Male at 4:30 PM local time, does that mean we've to take short flight and speed boat? or there's a chance we can still make to Seaplane? Sorry if this has been discussed before.
See the Wiki:

• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 06.00 and 16.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by seaplane
• Because seaplanes can only fly during daylight hours, guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 16.00 and 22.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by domestic flight and speedboat
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Whale Sharks. I'd ask what the experience has been in the days before I arrived. (On my last trip, an obnoxious diver decided to do the whale shark snorkel instead of diving. She didn't see any. On our safety stop, after watching tens of mantas come by, a whale shark cruised by.)

Fondue at Wine Bar. When I was last there (Feb 2016, too long ago), the guy doing the Wine Bar said that the fondue could be arranged for any night. I don't know if that is still the case, but it might be worth checking.

Thinking I might go back in 2020. (It's been way too long.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.