Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So bringing it on a seaplane is fine? That is confusing since it is still a domestic flight.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So bringing it on a seaplane is fine? That is confusing since it is still a domestic flight.
I'm not sure I'd try. Bringing it into the country is a criminal offense.

It's a *dry country*. The resorts are permitted to ignore the law as a marketing ploy - so that foreigners will choose this country over Thailand or French Polynesia.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:56 pm

I think domestic in this case refers to RPT, scheduled regular flights.
seaplanes are more of a semi regular charter/on-demand flight.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I think domestic in this case refers to RPT, scheduled regular flights.
seaplanes are more of a semi regular charter/on-demand flight.
I noticed there were some bizarre rules for domestic flights on our last trip. Most major airlines won't allow matches, but they have no problem with non-torch lighters. Flyme doesn't even allow lighters, but the resorts distribute matches.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:19 pm

Depends on occupancy for restaurant bookings. Esp Ithaa. I booked all of mine 1 day ahead or on the day in early Dec last stay. I would recommend asking on the first day what the bookings are like. I reckon if you are flexible and open there would almost always be room at the larger restaurants.
Thank you! I will try and book as many as I can in advance.

No idea on spas.

No tipping is needed here. Like basically everywhere outside of North America. The service charge one of the reasons, yes.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
All in all, the food quality and experience were good and I am happy we did it but would not do it again as it was not even close to worth the $$$. But hey, it's Conrad Rangali, so to be expected price wise. I don't mind paying for nice meals and have had quite a few exceptional Japanese meals in Tokyo over the years and understand the cost but this really did feel like gouging at $400+ per head especially with the unannounced menu contraction.
Thank you for your thoughts! We were only planning one such expensive meal during our stay and I figured Koko would be a safe bet considering we are both fond of Japanese food. What other restaurants would you consider if you had to do it again?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I'm pretty sure that the rooms there are only single bed rooms and so not possible for couples. I could be wrong so you'd want to check that with the resort before you booked.
Thank you. I just went ahead and booked one of the couples packages at the over water spa.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by thinkorswim
Thank you. I just went ahead and booked one of the couples packages at the over water spa.
Curious on the best approach to getting a discount on a spa package. I have read that as a Diamond you qualify for extra time, and I have read that if you commit at the Conrad lounge at the sea terminal you can also get a better deal. What steps have you taken to get a great deal off of list prices and am I missing another angle?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
30mins extra if booked at the lounge (does not apply to all treatments). 15min extra on one treatment as Diamond. The two extras can not be combined in one treatment.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So bringing it on a seaplane is fine?
No, it's illegal. You can only drink alcohol in the places which have a licence (eg: a resort or a liveaboard) but you can't take it with you between those places. Which at first glance seems weird, but it's to stop you (theoretically) selling it on/giving it away to Maldivians en route. The fact that it's for your own consumption is irrelevant.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
30mins extra if booked at the lounge (does not apply to all treatments).
Treatment must be 90min or longer for this to apply.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Treatment must be 90min or longer for this to appply.
My wife booked a 60min treatment and got the extra 30min.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:20 pm

Hmm. That's not what they were advertising. Thanks for the DP.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:02 am

Treatment must be 90min or longer for this to apply.
I had no clue about this. Should I cancel my appointment and rebook it when we arrive at the lounge? Are the prices as advertised or is there a way to get a cheaper treatment as another poster alluded to above?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:26 am

It seems that this has been changed and goliath's is the most up-to-date data.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
My wife booked a 60min treatment and got the extra 30min.
+1 +1 +1 +1 (booked four massages for both myself and partner while at lounge and got the 90 for 60 min)

Thanks to this thread we also booked all of our massages at the Conrad MLE Airport lounge and also got 90 min for the price of 60. They also allow you to cancel and change times of the massages so I recommend everyone book heavy at the lounge and you can always cancel or changes times (based on availability). In my honest opinion the SPA is the best value at this resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.