Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Afternoon tea -> serve yourself.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by fvn1312
Breakfast at Vilu is stil free of charge for Diamond´s?
  • Daily full buffet breakfast at Atoll restaurant for cardholder + 1 guest
Not sure if the note on the website was there before also without Vilu
Their website is and has been forever OOD. Relax.

Originally Posted by goliath
We will be there until Oct, 19 (5 nights BV, 13 nights DWV).
You didn't really have to post that bit, did you?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
No, I didn't have to, but I was excited and looking forward to it after a couple of rough weeks / months at work.

After arriving today, excitement has cooled down a bit, but I will hold back with comments until at least another day. Let's see how this stay develops.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:15 am

Enjoy the eighteen nights, mate! ^
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by goliath
No, I didn't have to, but I was excited and looking forward to it after a couple of rough weeks / months at work.

After arriving today, excitement has cooled down a bit, but I will hold back with comments until at least another day. Let's see how this stay develops.
If you get upgraded to the new DBV please share some pictures. Better yet just ask for a tour of one
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:52 am

Been studying hundreds of posts and trying to decide on any upgrade for a 5 night stay at the end of this month. Currently in standard WV. Really wanted to do 2 nights in a DBV for a $90 upgrade and not sure if I do whether to do the first two nights or last two. Or at all if my wife is not gonna want to leave the OWV. I just think the DBV's look really nice and I like the outdoor shower and pool.

Superior WV are all booked, RWV was offered at $285 plus the tax/charges. Not sure if it's worth it for us, might need to save it for the food.
I should have asked about upgrades months ago.
First time there so I think we will be happy with anything.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Hysch
Been studying hundreds of posts and trying to decide on any upgrade for a 5 night stay at the end of this month. Currently in standard WV. Really wanted to do 2 nights in a DBV for a $90 upgrade and not sure if I do whether to do the first two nights or last two. Or at all if my wife is not gonna want to leave the OWV. I just think the DBV's look really nice and I like the outdoor shower and pool.

Superior WV are all booked, RWV was offered at $285 plus the tax/charges. Not sure if it's worth it for us, might need to save it for the food.
The villas on land are significantly larger. Some people think you can't go to the Maldives without staying over water. But I prefer direct access to the beach. And the outdoor shower is a treat.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:23 pm

If anyone is there at the moment, or going shortly, would be grateful for any info you can get from the staff or management at the Conrad about the opening date of the WA. Suspect there will be some staff hoping to head over there.

Even better - understand you fly over the WA on the seaplane ride between Conrad and MLE - any photos would earn extra brownie points. Tks.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:33 pm

which side of the seaplane is recommended (left or right, when facing pilot), when flying from MLE to Conrad?

for best photos, angle, shots of Waldorf Astoria etc
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:55 pm

Experience both and put land before water, as 99% of folks prefer it in that order. Humans are not fish so no surprise there. So your first 2 in the DBV and last 3 in WV. Better get cracking as far as upgrading goes as you might find there are no villas available if you wait any longer. I would call rather than email to secure the DBV.

If your budget is a little tight then keep with the WV as you'll still love it. As you have said, it'll be your first time there so you'll be happy with anything. Go for a higher OWV category (like the SWV or RWV) on your next trip and use the money for F&B this time round.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Have the points and the availability is there for a Water Villa @95k. Flexible budget and SunWV rates are pretty high so the cash upgrade looks attractive. Any reason why I shouldn't do it? I'll be at the StR for 5 days in an OWV prior to hopping over. First time to maldives. Also see that there's 2 bdrm. Maybe should fly some friends out as well. I'm guessing Diamond benefits will only apply to me and my SO, though?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:35 am

We arrive this weekend, leaving from Chicago on Etihad to start the journey tomorrow. Have heard that the resort is sold out right now, but that there is a lot of availability as next week is supposedly slow so we feel lucky about that. In a BV for the first 3 nights followed by 5 in a WV. Was told there are not any DBV's to be placed into/they are not done yet, so have not opted to pay for that upgrade. That being said, if we are offered a DBV on the sunset side versus a regular and newer BV on the house reef side, what should we choose? Is the space of the DBV worth the non-preferred location and older villa? Any advice on dealing with jet lag/time change when coming from the United States? Anyone there right now with any comments/changes from the 200 plus pages of posts here I have read in the past couple of weeks? This is truly the most impressive forum I have read on flyertalk or anywhere for that matter.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Dsm1012
Any advice on dealing with jet lag/time change when coming from the United States?
You will arrive almost certainly exhausted regardless of how you prepare.

I adjusted within a day. The bright sun makes it difficult to feel groggy during the daytime. And if you can get out and swim or snorkel for an hour or two, the light exercise will help you sleep.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:04 am

And bring sunscreen. You'll need it, and it's $30/bottle at the resort.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Have the points and the availability is there for a Water Villa @95k. Flexible budget and SunWV rates are pretty high so the cash upgrade looks attractive. Any reason why I shouldn't do it? I'll be at the StR for 5 days in an OWV prior to hopping over. First time to maldives. Also see that there's 2 bdrm. Maybe should fly some friends out as well. I'm guessing Diamond benefits will only apply to me and my SO, though?
You might be a little disappointed if you go for a SunWV (and probably the WV too) after the St. Regis as the hard product is in another league. Maybe have a look at Conrad's 360° tour of the SunWV if you decide on splurging on an upgrade to that category.
IINW, Diamond benefits will apply to all in the second room of a SunWV. They're not going to exactly deny them Afternoon Tea and the Happy Hour. I assume breakfast will be comped too. Don't take that as gospel though, it's just my understanding of how they do things there.

Was told there are not any DBV's to be placed into/they are not done yet, so have not opted to pay for that upgrade. That being said, if we are offered a DBV on the sunset side versus a regular and newer BV on the house reef side, what should we choose? Is the space of the DBV worth the non-preferred location and older villa?
Take the (old) DBV. You won't be disappointed in the size and they are still fantastic, bright and clean whereas some, including myself, have expressed their opinion that the new decoration and style isn't as good as the old.....

Any advice on dealing with jet lag/time change when coming from the United States?
Don't sleep the night before your departure. Loads of caffeine should do the trick although I never need it cos I'm so damn excited to go to the Maldives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.